Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Signs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the signs that a male friend might like you?

Comments

• Options
    __tink wrote: »

It's rather obvious. He predominantly spends time with you, talks to you a lot, wants to spend much time with you and therefore gets in contact with you on a regular basis.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It's rather obvious. He predominantly spends time with you, talks to you a lot, wants to spend much time with you and therefore gets in contact with you on a regular basis.

I dont think you can say that for all blokes though can you... everyone is different.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I dont think you can say that for all blokes though can you... everyone is different.

Yeah...but that's fairly universal stuff to be fair.....if he's not going out of his way to spend time with you and isn't getting in touch with you on a fairly regular basis, then it's pretty safe to say he's not bothered.....
  • Options
    ive been mates with my last 2 bfs before i knew they liked me. signs i kind of picked up on (but now know they were intended to make me see they liked me,although at the time i wasnt sure) include:
    * lots of hugging/normally unnecessary touching
    * caring attitude
    * lots of txting/chatting
    * tickling
    * them wanting to see you

Tink - hows this guy been acting with you?
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Yeah...but that's fairly universal stuff to be fair.....if he's not going out of his way to spend time with you and isn't getting in touch with you on a fairly regular basis, then it's pretty safe to say he's not bothered.....

but at the same time they are universal things you might do towards someone you considered a good friend.

Also I think some people become slightly distant from people they like if they aren't really sure what to do about it. I'm not saying Strubbles was wrong by any means... I'm just saying I don't think its a plain cut as that.
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »

I'm sure some guys would do that. Bu then other guys probably aren't as forward as that. Or they may not think they stand a chance with the girl and so instead they become distant
  • Options
    Well I haven't seen him for a while but he used to be in my college, and would flirt with me in lessons, play footsy, tickle, poke etc.
    And recently he's been really keen to start seeing me again, talking to me quite a bit. Maybe he just wants to be my friend but I dunno. I guess I don't really know until I see him again.
  • Options
    He makes an effort to talk to you, without any other purpose but to "be your friend".
  • Options
    Talking alot, hugging, texting, phoning. If he asks you out on a night out with his pals.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Talking alot, hugging, texting, phoning. If he asks you out on a night out with his pals.

My male friend does that and he definitely doesn't fancy me. I'm not his type.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

Yeah...but suppose the key is a change in behaviour...if your mate always does that with you, then he probably doesn't....but if you have a mate who isn't normally that touchy feely but then starts hugging you or being slightly more tactile, could be a sign he's after more....
  • Options

flirting, calling you a lot, spending a lot of time with you, making passes at you, wanting to see you ...
  • Options

Of course not every guy follows those principles, usually though.
  • Options

I agree.

I reckon if you have an inkling that he likes you then there is a good chance he does. Its not always the case but IMO usually trusting your instincts is a good way to go, it is for me anyway.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »

I think it's a relatively accurate rule of thumb. Of course you can't make a universally correct rule applying to every male on this face of the planet, including aboriginees that make a rain dance if they want to show affection. In the end those signs are usually a rather certain giveaway.
    Well I haven't seen him for a while but he used to be in my college, and would flirt with me in lessons, play footsy, tickle, poke etc.
    And recently he's been really keen to start seeing me again, talking to me quite a bit. Maybe he just wants to be my friend but I dunno. I guess I don't really know until I see him again.

I think it's almost safe to say he is interested (if he's not doing it for the jist of it, bcause he has an girlfriend or is gay or whatever).

So, what are you going to do about it?
  • Options
    ive been mates with my last 2 bfs before i knew they liked me. signs i kind of picked up on (but now know they were intended to make me see they liked me,although at the time i wasnt sure) include:
    * lots of hugging/normally unnecessary touching
    * caring attitude
    * lots of txting/chatting
    * tickling
    * them wanting to see you

Tink - hows this guy been acting with you?

As I guy, I think you hit the nail on the head with that list.

I've been in a relationship for a long time now, but those are a few things guys do when they like a girl. If he will cancel plans with his guy friends to hang out, then that's usually a sure sign as well. Not so sure I agree with the "caring attitude" point though, was that a suggestion that guys don't care about girls unless they are attracted to them? :no:
  • Options
    I agree with the person who said about a change in behaviour. If his behaviour has always been a certain way and then changes (especially quite abruptly I think) then that would say to me that he might like you.