Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you feel the urge either talk to me or try and distract yourself-if you do harm(which im sure you wont) its a slip up they happen it doesnt make you a failure or a bad person(i know ive said that about myself but its different).

Thankyou :) Sorry about this evening guys.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »

nothing to apologise for
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »

You have nothing to apologise for Kirsty. x
  • Options
    You've no need to apologise, I'm feeling exactly the same right now, you're not alone, it's good that you've got somewhere to get out how you feel and just say what you're thinking.
  • Options
    I really don't think suggesting a drug as a reward is a very good idea, to be honest, although I can see the logic.

Alcohol simply makes emotions stronger- if you feel happy you will be more happy after a few beers, but if you feel depressed then you will feel more depressed after a few beers. The danger is to drink too much too, which will make you really depressed.

If you feel so tired and you just want your brain to shut up then you need to do something to distract yourself. Try doing some exercise, go for a run somewhere, make your legs and your lungs hurt like hell. Physical work is a good way of distracting your mind, and it releases endorphins into the bloodstream- its the endorphins from physical exertion or pain that makes cutting feel like such a relief.
  • Options
    What Kermit said.
  • Options
    Thankyou for that Kermit, was interesting to read. I never did drink, I fell asleep before I could. Feeling a little better this morning, just wish it wasn't so hard.
  • Options
    sorry monday night same old story scared cos seeing counsellor tomorrow-why do i always get so up tight and scared-harmed so much in last week-so nervous-sorry
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish, I can't do this anymore, I know I'm going to slip up soon, I can't hurt myself though but 3 weeks is ages away, I can't wait that long but I can't do it whlist I'm on placement. I need to so much though. How stupid, everthing just seems so pointless. Sorry for being so pessimistic, just the way I feel right now
  • Options
    sorry monday night same old story scared cos seeing counsellor tomorrow-why do i always get so up tight and scared-harmed so much in last week-so nervous-sorry

Try not to worry, I think you're so brave even going for help, I haven't even reached that stage yet. I hope it goes ok tomorrow for you i really do. PM me if you need a chat xx
  • Options
    Liv wrote: »
    Try not to worry, I think you're so brave even going for help, I haven't even reached that stage yet. I hope it goes ok tomorrow for you i really do. PM me if you need a chat xx

been pushed into it-hate it-would rather just keep harming cos i still do anyway-sorry
  • Options
    Don't be sorry. just remember that with the help you're getting things are bound to get better for you. Sorry I can't imagine what it's like to talk about it with somone you don't know so I guess I'm talking a load of rubbish really.
  • Options
    dont be sorry-just dont think im a 100% ready to get over it
  • Options
    dont be sorry-just dont think im a 100% ready to get over it

Know what you mean, I'm not ready either i don't think, I need it which I guess just sounds so pathetic doesn't it? I feel like I am in such a mess.
  • Options
    Know what you mean, I'm not ready either i don't think, I need it which I guess just sounds so pathetic doesn't it? I feel like I am in such a mess.

doesnt sound at all pathetic-its a coping mechanism
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm not implying that I think anyone else on here is pathetic, it's just the way I feel about myself, didn't mean to offend anyone
  • Options
    doesnt sound at all pathetic-its a coping mechanism

Wish I had another sort of coping mechanism though that didn't hurt my boyfriend so much though and one that I didn't have to hide for fear of being misunderstood and one that didn't make me feel so crap about myself and one that I didn't have to rely on so much. Sorry for all that.
  • Options
    dont be sorry-it will get better with time-just take your time
  • Options
    I know but right now I don't know how much longer I can go on for like this, I'm just longing for it all to end which I just hate thinking, it makes me feel so guilty when I have so much to be thankful for and happy about. I'm sorry I know you're having a hard time right now, the last thing you probably want to hear is me moaning.
  • Options
    I know but right now I don't know how much longer I can go on for like this, I'm just longing for it all to end which I just hate thinking, it makes me feel so guilty when I have so much to be thankful for and happy about. I'm sorry I know you're having a hard time right now, the last thing you probably want to hear is me moaning.

dont worry-my problems pathetic-just talk away-im here to listen
  • Options
    dont worry-my problems pathetic-just talk away-im here to listen

It's not at all pathetic, I shouldn't be going on about it. Seeing as I can't even help myself I've no right to really go on about it. Thanks though for your support, Gets very lonely sometimes when no-one knows how you're really feeling, when you're wearing a fake smile on the outside but you're crying on the inside.
  • Options
    It's not at all pathetic, I shouldn't be going on about it. Seeing as I can't even help myself I've no right to really go on about it. Thanks though for your support, Gets very lonely sometimes when no-one knows how you're really feeling, when you're wearing a fake smile on the outside but you're crying on the inside.

its ok for you to talk-i know what thats like-hurts to feel so alone
  • Options
    its ok for you to talk-i know what thats like-hurts to feel so alone

Thanks so much for the chat tonight, you've really helped me, sorry I couldn't do anything for you, I'm a bit useless right now. I hope it all goes ok tomorrow for you xx
  • Options
    i coouldnt go through with seeing my counsellor-i was as pathetic as normal-im such an idiot-i hate myself so much-cancelled appointment as you may have gathered-i hate myself and the fact i cant help myself-im so useless
  • Options
    I give up.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote: »
    I give up.

don't you dare.

ily
    x
  • Options
    i coouldnt go through with seeing my counsellor-i was as pathetic as normal-im such an idiot-i hate myself so much-cancelled appointment as you may have gathered-i hate myself and the fact i cant help myself-im so useless

Don't mean to sound nasty or anything, but I think the way you've been lately, I think talking to your counseller would be a good idea.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    don't you dare.

ily
    x

Too late petal, too late.

I don't mean in a fatalistic sense, I mean that I have to face facts. I'm never going to change. I'm doomed to insecurity, angst, self doubt, and fucking up every relationship I'll ever have. I have a self destructive streak a mile wide and I'll never conquer it.

I'll just accept that I'm a mediocrity and lead my mediocre life.

(ily too)
  • Options
    Andrew....:grump: :(

I dunno what to say to you, but like...you know where I am sweetheart.

Loveyou:heart:
  • Options
    Bollocks. I was doing okay as well. Now all I want is vast amounts of Vodka, and do pointless self-destructive things.