Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO Janjan or anyone whos done ovulation tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, i've been doing the ovulation tests and i got a strange result today.

I've been doing the tests and only ever got the control line (i sometimes get a very very faint test line too), but today i got a second line which was pretty dark but not quite as dark as the control line.

Does this mean i'm having my LH surge or is this normal, according to my cycle i should be ovulating on the 20th so i should have the surge today. What should i doooo?

Sorry if im being confusing, i just dont want to miss my window of opportunity...again.

Comments

• Options
    Amira wrote: »
    What should i doooo?

Have sex? :p
  • Options
    well its kinda hard when il blokey aint here...and besides, we aren't supposed to do it every day, we want the good quality stuff :p
  • Options
    I've no idea sorry. I'm sure someone else will know though
  • Options
    For starters, don't panick because when you're fertile sperm can live inside your fluids for like 24 hours right? So when he gets home make some lovin and just try to enjoy it! And good luck :) It sounds like a positive result, have you tried taking your temp? Any higher today? Sorry I didn't reply sooner
  • Options
    well he came home, i showed him the other test and he told me to do another one. That was very faint (if there) like they normally are. So im going to go pounce on him :p

Janjan, i think its a positive result too but hes too logical and has very little understanding of womens hormones :p
  • Options
    how long have you been trying for?
  • Options
    9months...people have had babies in that amount of time :p
  • Options
    do you have a regular cycle? You're only 21 so i wouldn't get in too much of a worry. If you don't think about it too much then maybe you'll get pregnant then? Sods law and all that.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    If you don't think about it too much then maybe you'll get pregnant then? Sods law and all that.

It does seem that way...
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    do you have a regular cycle? You're only 21 so i wouldn't get in too much of a worry. If you don't think about it too much then maybe you'll get pregnant then? Sods law and all that.

be fabulous if it was as simple as that.
  • Options
    be fabulous if it was as simple as that.

never said it was, just trying to be cheerful.
  • Options
    Hi Amira, was just wondering how it's going and if you've had any luck yet. When are you expected on your period? Hope all is going well :)
  • Options
    How you getting on Janjan, you had your midwife appointment yet? :)
  • Options
    Yeah I had my first one on the 14th Feb, thought I'd have had my 'booking appointment' date by now though, am 8 weeks and 3 days :) Feels like I have forever to wait until October.
  • Options
    Ach the time will fly in :)

Remember to keep all your thesite aunties up to date ;)
  • Options
    I've not been online that much recently, been sleeping most of the time! And I will do, don't want to seem like I'm bragging to those TTC though as I know what it's like when someone gets pregnant or has a baby, makes you :mad:
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    Hi Amira, was just wondering how it's going and if you've had any luck yet. When are you expected on your period? Hope all is going well :)
    All is well, 32day cycles suck though! So 6 more days till i'm due on, this month i keeping myself busy and not thinking of it...hopefully preventing the whole build up and let down if im not.

So when do you find out if its a boy or girl? :)
  • Options
    Even when you do get a positive, you'll have to do about 15 more tests because you won't believe it! lol Just try to stay positive, the less you worry the easier it will happen, and I know it's easier said that done but at least in the mean time you can enjoy trying ;)

I'll be 20 weeks on the 20th May, which I think is when the second scan should be so I guess I may be able to find out then. If we have enough money 20-26 weeks ish, we want to have a 3d/4d scan, so hopefully will find out either way.
  • Options
    well i'm due on tomorrow, been tired for the past few days and have had a sniffle the past few days. Had a few aches and twinges here and there, still not building my hopes up.

Im not going to test tomorrow (if i dont come on) and will wait a couple of days although i need to know by friday, so i will probably end up testing on wednesday or at the latest thursday.

Will keep you updated though
  • Options
    Good luck Amira :)
  • Options
    Yeah good luck Amira.

And you too SCC, you're in the final stages now! :hyper:
  • Options
    Good luck Amira
  • Options
    Not pregnant this month :rolleyes: :(

Got one more month on this medicine and if i dont get pregnant she'll put me on injections i think...so i must keep trying! Im going to get one of those fertility monitors today and more ovulation tests, at least two good things I'm getting periods like clockwork now and i dont have to worry going to the gig on friday :p
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Amira :(
  • Options
    :(

Your time will come soon.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Have you actually come on?
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    Not pregnant this month :rolleyes: :(

Got one more month on this medicine and if i dont get pregnant she'll put me on injections i think...so i must keep trying! Im going to get one of those fertility monitors today and more ovulation tests, at least two good things I'm getting periods like clockwork now and i dont have to worry going to the gig on friday :p

Sorry to hear this month wasn't the one... but glad your periods are being regular atm.
    Good luck for next time... *hugs*