Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Travelling with "randomers"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anytone travelled with random people? Like from the get go?

Is it a good idea?

My friends aren't into travelling and have their own thing to do and I wouldn't mind travelling.

I saw a girl's ad for travel partners as she was in the same boat. Been talking ot her and seh seems cool. Seems her cousin and her friend plus another girl who answered the ad wanna go as well so a group if I did go.

Its afair bit off yet, she doesn't want to go till september and its all in the early stages so plenty of time to decide but just wondered what the baord think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's quite risky, but not undoable, provided you take the necessary precautions. I don't mean just safety but preparing and talking about your travel plans thoroughly and especially budget before you go. And not only the travel itinerary but to reach an agreement on certain minimum 'rules' you should abide by to keep the peace and harmony. For example, you may want to go to the same places but for you a trip to say, Greece is all about the architecture, the ruins and the museums, whereas to others it's all about the beaches, and to a third person is all about the food and going to pricy restaurants. You have to make sure you're in the same page when you travel, that goes even for when you're travelling with your best friend or a complete stranger.

If you talk these things through and get along I see no reason why it shouldn't be an amazing experience.

You should have a bit of a spirit of an adverunter though and be prepared for unexpected things.

And ideally you should meet up beforehand to discuss these things if you don't live too far apart.
    aye I was thinking the same thing.

meeting up, discussing it through.

whats you advice for budgetting? How much would you ned, minsu flights say if they are pre-paid, for say 6 months travel?
    Doomsday wrote: »
    whats you advice for budgetting? How much would you ned, minsu flights say if they are pre-paid, for say 6 months travel?

Depends on if your doing all just travelling, or weather you intend to work or not etc etc..
    I have a mate who is about to go travelling round the world for 6 months. He isnt going to work and is taking about 10K spending money with him.
    You could do it on less though.
    10k? that would be all my money I think.

I dunno, of the group said they wann apply for a work visa but I wasn't sure about workin gunless I was spending a fair wack of time there. I dunno.
    I would go with a stranger, wing it, it'd be fun, or a disaster- either way...
    i'd go with a stranger, could turn out to be the best experience of your life..or worse.

If you really don't get on with the person while travelling just ditch them and hop onto another country.

I'd say go for it.
    hahahahhaha

best or worse experience of my life???

wow.....
    if you dont get on you could just go your separate ways....
    I think the plan eis to get one of them round the world tickets from STA travel, so you get all your major flights in advance and if we went together, we'd get the tickets at the same time and so would be on all the same flights so couldn't split with them that much......

would suck to go and then not get on with them tho and then have to split..
    well the girl that made the add who has been my main contact has a bf.

not that I was thinking of getting with her or antyhing, even though she is attractive. But I just think it complicates things.

so I may re-think my plans.
    Shogun wrote: »
    If you really don't get on with the person while travelling just ditch them and hop onto another country.

:lol:

I'd do it as long as I've had some sort of informal chat with that person beforehand.
    why did doomsday get banned?
    Apparently he used to be someone else and someone reported him....and he was banned pretty fast. Shame...I thought he was alright!! :(
    ah it ties in now with the thread in anything goes where Lacy knew someone, ah ha, I am happy now I know whats going on! I hate being in the dark hehe

Yeah...exactly!! So that was that, basically...
    ashlee wrote: »
    why did doomsday get banned?

Cos he liked Walkin', dude.
    Get to know her properly before you go to see if you are compatible