Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Talking in my sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well more like having a go in my sleep... Aparently last night I fell asleep while talking to my mum, and proceeded to give her a lecture about finding herself a bloke. Going on about how it hasn't worked so far so she's going to have to try changing who she gives a chance and stuff :o
I then started talking gibberish...

But I'm a bit worried as to what else I might have accidentally said to people when asleep now. :crazyeyes
Maybe it's cos I hold back from speaking my mind so much when I'm awake.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only person that says stupid things when asleep...
Anyone ever had a full-on argument they didn't know about even?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I sometimes tend to mumble stuff in my dream. Not full on sentences or anything though!
  • Options
    Well I have spoke in my sleep many many times before.
    I had friends round and I was asleep and apparently I started slagging this girl off giving it proper gob about her, luckily she weren't there phew!

Also when I was away in Paris with school, we were sharing a room of 8 girls and I was asleep everyone else awake when I said "Is that when the ghosties come out" They had a good laugh on me and still do to this day :(
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I sometimes tend to mumble stuff in my dream. Not full on sentences or anything though!

:yes:

What you were saying worried me :p

I don't think I talk in my sleep. My brother does though!
  • Options
    I talk in my sleep all the time, I think I probably do most nights. :blush:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    When growing up, I used to have full blown conversations in my sleep.

Don't do it much now though, thank goodness.
  • Options
    Apparently once, my Mum came into my room, my eyes were open and I had a full conversation with her. I didn't remember it the next day! Scary stuff!
  • Options
    Apparently once, my Mum came into my room, my eyes were open and I had a full conversation with her. I didn't remember it the next day! Scary stuff!
    I sent a full text message last night that I dont remember sending...
  • Options
    I do all kinds of stuff in my sleep, especially talking/screaming/shouting etc, worrying I agree - Don't know how to help though, apart from avoid alcohol and weed etc before bed
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I sent a full text message last night that I dont remember sending...

Hahahahaha. Mong :p

You sent it at 6am :shocking:
  • Options
    Must say I only tend to talk when I've been on the booze.
  • Options
    Well, that kinda explains why you were talking about what you were talking about then....
  • Options
    Was he saying "nooo! No more pear cider!!!!"?
  • Options
    Was he saying "nooo! No more pear cider!!!!"?

Haha. I didn't drink that much Heather :pOk, so you saw me drink a few on Wednesday but thats SO not the point.....

He declared his love for Jim V and Kermit. Yes he did. He also said other things but I'm not going to go into them...
  • Options
    :lol: @ this thread.

My sister used to talk in her sleep and I'd just take the piss out of her for it.
  • Options
    I always have and still do talk in my sleep. Its not usually stuff I want other people hearing me say either, apparently :nervous:
  • Options
    I used to do it a lot but not so much now...one time i walked into my parents room and started shouting at my mum to answer the phone and i was pointing into space....then i walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and did the same thing again.....cant remember any of it though....another time i remember wakeing up and i was standing talking to my mum about complete gibberish...very scary:eek2:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's very very rare for me to sleep in the same room as someone else, but whenever I have I've not been told I was talking or anything. But one time, my mum said that I was laughing in my sleep, so loud that she could hear it from outside the room. :o

Once though, someone sleeping in the same room where I was trying to spoke in her sleep. "You fool, they're looking for ours!" It was pretty funny the next morning when she told us what dream she had, given what was happening at that time.
  • Options
    I talk alll the time. Once my Mum came into my room to get something when I was asleep and i sat up in bed, and shouted 'HAYLEY JUST SHUT UP!' and lay back down again. hayley is my sister. she must have been bugging me in my sleep. haha.
  • Options
    I talk in my sleep all the time. Usually random words like stop it or no mustard.

I heard a great story of my grandma when my sister had to share a room with her on a trip. Sweet old lady who would scold you for saying fart.

So she started yelling, Just get the hell out of here, you are ruining it for everybody, get the hell out, then started kicking.

Then my sister got to hear the dream... that one woman on the trip was being rude and ruining it for everybody so my grandma kicked her off the building.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    I talk in my sleep all the time. Usually random words like stop it or no mustard.

I heard a great story of my grandma when my sister had to share a room with her on a trip. Sweet old lady who would scold you for saying fart.

So she started yelling, Just get the hell out of here, you are ruining it for everybody, get the hell out, then started kicking.

Then my sister got to hear the dream... that one woman on the trip was being rude and ruining it for everybody so my grandma kicked her off the building.

Yeah you just wouldnt shut up last night.
  • Options
    I talk in my sleep all the time. Once i started going on about a secret code or some other crap.

I also dribble waaaay too much :p
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I also dribble waaaay too much :p

I always used to do this. Then I'd wake up with a wet patch on my pillow and wet hands.:o
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    I always used to do this. Then I'd wake up with a wet patch on my pillow and wet hands.:o

I still do and hair stuck to my face :p

Lol i've even dribbled on blokes when i've been asleep :o
  • Options
    :lol: I've been lucky enough not to have hair stick to my face.
  • Options
    I don't tend to dribble... Unless I fall asleep in an arm chair cos then my heads propped up and my mouth falls open.

I used to share a room with my sister when we were little... and I'd scare her stupid cos I'd sit bolt upright with my eyes open... she'd be asking me what was wrong and then I'd just lie back down fast asleep. :confused:

I still occasionally wake myself up sitting up in bed... never gone sleep-walking so far though... AS FAR AS I KNOW! :chin:

Has anyone seen the little mermaid, when the crab is giving the mermaid tips on flirting with the prince guy... and he says (in his french accent) 'Pucker up your lips, like dis'...
    Well once I woke myself up saying that (with full accent) :lol: I was laughing for ages... quite a nice way to wake up of a morning. I had a cheerful day.
  • Options
    I dont talk in my sleep, the odd word or noise but nothing else. My brother used to have full on conversations when he was younger, I should ask his girlfriend if he still does! :lol:
  • Options
    When I used to help out with the local Brownies we went camping in a hall, and I woke everyone up at 2am (including myself) shouting out about sheep.

I usually say the odd word, and as I've got older I tend to say less, as when I was younger my parents actually used to complain how loud my brother and I were shouting in the night.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the little mermaid, when the crab is giving the mermaid tips on flirting with the prince guy... and he says (in his french accent) 'Pucker up your lips, like dis'...
    Well once I woke myself up saying that (with full accent) :lol: I was laughing for ages... quite a nice way to wake up of a morning. I had a cheerful day.

Don't think I've seen it but that does sound funny!:lol:
  • Options
    I am a terrible sleep talker...i used to fall asleep talking to my best mate on the phone and start talking crap about how she should find herself a nice boy (pretty much the same as the OP) and she'd realise i was asleep and hang up on me...then id carry on the conversation alone and in my head :o Then my mum would walk in and ask who i was talking to and my mate wouldnt be there!

Then i also talk and occassionally sleep walk, my latest classic lines since me and the blokey have moved in are "NITRIC ACID!!!!" and "don't sleep on your side, you're going to kill your scrotum" and i rolled him onto his back. Then there is the all time sleep walking classic...i walked into my parents room and started digging through their drawers and was shouting "THE NAZI'S ARE COMING....WHERE ARE THE GAS MASKS?!?!?!?!" I think that was when we were learning about world war 2 in primary.

The blokey also sleep talks, mostly it's him grumbling on about something or other in Arabic...usually moaning at his mum for not doing something his way or at all. But the funniest is when his uncle and cousin were staying at his (when he lived in Florida), he was on a diet and would break it by sleep walking. They found this out because his uncle was sleeping in the living room and he would wake him up, have a chat and watch tv with him for a few hours while stuffing his face. Then not remember it the next morning,
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    Then i also talk and occassionally sleep walk, my latest classic lines since me and the blokey have moved in are "NITRIC ACID!!!!" and "don't sleep on your side, you're going to kill your scrotum" and i rolled him onto his back. Then there is the all time sleep walking classic...i walked into my parents room and started digging through their drawers and was shouting "THE NAZI'S ARE COMING....WHERE ARE THE GAS MASKS?!?!?!?!" I think that was when we were learning about world war 2 in primary.

:lol: