Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nightlife in Corfu

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone got any experience of it/ where it is? (I'm aware there's more than one place in Corfu haha)

Me and my friends have just booked a holiday out there, and we're trying to see if there's much nightlife out there near to where we're staying (Kanoni). We're not too fussed if we have to travel out of Kanoni (to a reasonable extent) but if there's nowhere right nearby we might have to take over the hotel bar for a few nights :)

So yes. Other than that, anything anyone knows about Corfu would be welcomed, we chose it because we got a bit of a bargain and it sounded sunny, as those were our only needs so don't really have much background knowledge! :) (it was all a bit spontaneous to be fair)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    No idea about nightlife, but for the island itself, I was there two summers ago (or was it 3?).
    It is very sunny (or at least was back then :p) and there are beaches to visit, but not many big tousist attractions that I remember. Perhaps the sunset in a place that I don't remember the name of, and the Mouse Island (Pontikonisi). You can get there by boat.
    I stayed in the "main" city (I don't remember its name right now), and for that one you definitely need a map. The other places I went to weren't that complex. But the city is worth visiting, there's a big square and lots of eateries and cafés.
    In one of the smaller cities/villages there was also a "witch shop" that sounded interesting, but unfortunately was closed by the time I went there. :(
    Also, wherever you go, make sure you eat pastitsada. :yum: Pasta with red sauce and pepper, and maybe something else I don't remember. (EDIT: Oh, of course! Minced meat!)

Hope that helped. :)
  • Options

Hope that helped. :)

It did Indrid thats ace, thanks - and that pasta dish sounds nice :yum:

I think we can see Mouse Island from our hotel, or at least somewhere nearby. It's mentioned on the hotel website a lot anyway.
  • Options
    i went a few years back to a place called sidari i really didnt enjoy it and tbh i didnt think the nightlife was too good. just hope where u r goin it will be better
  • Options
    luvmeright wrote: »
    i went a few years back to a place called sidari i really didnt enjoy it

Yeah we had a couple of warnings off from Sidari, I don't think Kanoni is overly near there - I think we're nearer to actual Corfu town (it's exact name escapes me)

Ahh well. If the nightlife proves to be shite we'll easily make our own entertainment in the hotel bar/our hotel room. I'm going with my two best mates and we can natter about one stupid sentence for hours, so... :hyper:
  • Options
    Go to Kavos :D
  • Options
    I've been to Kavos and Malia...the greece uncovered show says it all really...wouldn't go now but I had fun there with my mates back in the day. We tended to go towards the end of the season when it wasn't so heaving.