Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

To those thinking of taking drugs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd like to just say don't - but that will not deter you - it didn't me.
Please just realise that once you do - if you enjoy it you always will KEEP on doing them. So many times I have tried to do different things but it always goes back to them. Once your brain has experienced the trick of feeling great artificially nothing will ever compare. I look around this town / country and I realise just how sad it really is that so many people like me are just out to get 'fucked' at the weekend. Starts off as a joke / spliff / pill goes further and further. Don't get me wrong I am sure there are people who can control it do it for special occasions but there will be a curious person like I once was tonight that might read this and wonder if they should 'give it a go'. If you are unsure and think you may get a problem because of addictive personality etc then please DONT at all. Your first judgement is always the correct one.
To those that are managing it all fine then good I envy you - as long as you are sure its that way. Ask yourself though - can you imagine yourself never doing drugs again. Since when did £50 become not a lot of money. Well anyway fuck it - bit of a moan as per usual but as far as I see it if by writing this self pitty asking bullshit I have managed to stop just one person falling for the trap then I have succeded.

Btw anyone got any pills (sorry shouldn't joke like that) but thats how it ALWAYS starts!

Comments

• Options
    Ahh, the harsh reality of Sunday.
  • Options
    :crazyeyes
    Addict wrote: »

Not if your stil going.:yes:
  • Options
    Starts off as a joke / !

Aye those jokes are addictive as fuck.

Mate, E's are very moreish but it is down to the person. You can quit them if you want quite easily. It's just people don't realise what chemicals they're pumping their head with. Who cares? People like to have fun and just because your head is up your hole doesn't mean you have to spoil it for the real party animals. :thumb:
  • Options
    You shouldnt be ashamed. Drugs, there a way of life.
  • Options

Ha, the boy's clearly never had a Death Disco and Optimo weekend! :D
  • Options
    Well my Sundays are usually Stoner Sunday after the party's died about lunchtime.

Not this weekend though, loada shite. Got Bloc Party on Tuesday to look forward to though. :hyper:
  • Options
    Well my Sundays are usually Stoner Sunday after the party's died about lunchtime.

:yes: That's the way it goes.
  • Options
    I Once your brain has experienced the trick of feeling great artificially nothing will ever compare.
    'aint that the truth :yes:
    but seriously would you really want to go through life not ever having had that experience?
    - of course not. shame on you :p
  • Options
    TBH that may be true for some people but others just dabble in their youth and then no longer take drugs. I used to do E and tried other stuff and not anymore (well just the odd spliff). It doesn't really appeal anymore. Well I wouldn't mind E but got no one to take it with.
  • Options
    Hmm not everyone - in fact the majority of people that take recreational drugs rarely go onto harder addicting stuff and gain a habit. Though I have seen it happen.
    I know people that have been taking drugs for years and they always will because they enjoy it.
    Sorry to hear you have experience problems in the past and it's good that are sorting them.
  • Options
    To be honest my biggest fear is the long term effects and that is why i dont do drugs as much, i look at people who for example have been drinking for years and have that shakey hand thing going on and i think "shit, imagine if i carried on doing pills and coke every weekend for the rest of my life" what is this really doing to my body!?

Personally i think its all about moderation and if anything i only do gear these days to sober myself up!! Pills no way have the same effect on me as they did 5 years ago although i still feel slightly suicidal after a heavy session!!! lol To think i use to be anti drugs!!

xx
  • Options
    I think that ideally that if you are completely satisfied with feeling normal, more power to you. That's great, you'll have a great healthy life,...er well, at least no health problems will be because of drugs, persey. For some more adventurous or artistic types, they may want something more, which is where drugs come in. If you know you will inevitably be swayed down this path eventually, then by all means, at the very LEAST, learn what these substances will do to your body and take them in moderation. But if you know that you will not have the self-control to keep things at bay, I would not suggesting starting at all...
  • Options
    You have to look at drugs as a stage in your life when you just wanna feel that Euphoric feeling that you may not experience when you get older....experimentation is fine when you are young and have little responsibilities....but i know i will be able to knock it all on the head when im ready...if you worry that you are gonna become an addict then there is a higher probability that you will as you must have an addictive personality