Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wish I was taller

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just measured by putting a ruler to the wall, then putting my finger on the top of the ruler, and so on and I think I was about just under 5 foot 8 inches. I so wish I was taller! Every other bloke my age seems to be taller, and I don't want to be a pathetic 5 foot 7 or 8 for the rest of my life. All the other guys who I recognise from high school all seem to have undergone a greater growth spurt than myself. Just wondering if there is some way to stimulate growth.

Comments

• Options
    Well the method you used is not all that reliable and anyway, 5'8 is alright. I'm only 5'11 myself...
  • Options
    I'd be glad to be "only" 5-11:D . How tall is Tom Cruise? People consider him to be short...
  • Options
    You could always have a limb lenghtening surgery. :yes:
  • Options
    i wish i was little bit taller,
    i wish i was a baller
    i wish i had a girl who looked good
    i would call her
    i wish i had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    and a '64 Impala
  • Options
    5'8" is not a bad height. dont let it bother you, there are far worse things that could happen to you than be a little shorter than you would like.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    i wish i was a baller
    i would call her
    and a '64 Impala

:lol:

That's exactly what came to my mind when I saw the thread title!
  • Options
    hornet893 wrote: »
    I'd be glad to be "only" 5-11:D . How tall is Tom Cruise? People consider him to be short...
    Tom cruise is only thought to be short because he goes out with, dates and marries women taller than him. Most women are between 5ft4 and 5ft6 so unless she lives in 4inch heels you should be ok ;)

Oh and i know guys who are between 5ft and 5ft5 and i know one bloke who is just touching on 4ft (but he has a growth problem)....so you are not short!!
  • Options
    I'm about 5'5 (I think) and a guy and I'm 19, so not much more growing to do.

But what can you do? You are the way you are so you may as well just enjoy it :cool:
  • Options
    My boyfriend is only 5ft 5
  • Options
    why does it bother you so much? if its down to other people opinions then people like that are not worth bothering about.
  • Options
    I'm 5' 8", and whilst now and again it would be nice to be a nice even 6' tall, I'm happy with my height 99% of the time. Many of my mates are over 6' tall, but it doesn't matter to me.

Height is something you can't change, so don't worry about it
  • Options
    If you're worried about it in terms of being attractive (i.e - you think girls only like tall blokes) - don't!

I have a real thing for shorter men (like - 5'7 - 5'9ish) - don't know why! But I'm only about 5'4, so as long as I still get to look up a bit, I don't care about him being on the shorter side! And in my experience, have found shorter men to have a lot more personality too, because they feel like they've had to 'make up' for their height in other ways (which is crazy anyway)....this might just all be theory, but I've found it to be true!!

So anyway, what I'm trying to say is - don't worry about it...there are plenty of girls out there who will find you attractive...and won't care in the slightest that you're 'only' 5'8....:)
  • Options
    I can't say that i have a thing for short men cos i don't but as previously said in terms of attractiveness lots of girls are short so being 5'7 or 5'8 isn't going to be too bad.

What other reasons can you have for wanting to be taller? So you can reach things or something :chin: I'd hate to be taller myself.
  • Options
    Theres nothing you can do, so theres no point worrying about it.

A man being taller doesnt make him better than a shorter man, just different.

Only shallower girls will care about your height. Who says the man has to be taller than the women anyway? Im taller than my boyfriend, he's about the same height as you. I wouldnt fancy him any more if he was taller, i love his height.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    :lol:

That's exactly what came to my mind when I saw the thread title!

Hehe, and me!

There isn't really all that much you can do about height, other than NOT make a big deal of it. I'm 5'6" and have been out with people who are the same height as me, one shorter in fact and it doesn't bother me so 5'8" isn't bad at all. The only time it did bother me was when a guy made a really big deal out of it; when we met I had been wearing flat shoes and when we were back in my flat he saw all my high heels and went on a big thing about how he was short and hated high heels etc. as they made him feel short. So not cool.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Well the method you used is not all that reliable and anyway, 5'8 is alright. I'm only 5'11 myself...

Same here.. and I think 5'11'' is pretty average (maybe a tad below it) for a male adult...

~3 inches, that's 3*2,54 in centimetres, hmmm 7,62cm. So that's approximately your tip of the nose on my chin... That's not bad at all.

Don't be frustrated about it.
  • Options
    Theres nothing you can do about your height tbh, so just get used to it.
    My bf is 5ft8 and I dont think of him as short. Hes still a couple inches taller than me.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 8"

awww :)
  • Options
    Height is such a small (excuse the pun) part of a person. I'm 5'7" and quite into men that aren't much taller than me.
  • Options
    Violette wrote: »
    im short (5'2) and my boyfriend is 6'7, he gets stared at soo much and you guarantee wherever he goes someone will mention his height. it gets annoying. i personally love tall boys, but i have also been out with people about 5'4. go out with short girls :p

My brother is 6'6" and his girlfriend is 5'2" (I think) and he gets stared at alot. I just take the mick outta him. Haha.

I love tall boys. I'm 5'8" and although it may be classed as shallow, I can't go out with someone who isn't taller than me. They have to be taller than me by a good few inches which is kinda hard to find as I'm quite tall myself.

To the OP - Seeing as most girls are shorter than me (and I'm the same height as you!), I really wouldn't worry about your height! You are probably taller than most girls.
  • Options
    5"8 is not small, catch a grip of yourself mate.
  • Options
    I'm about 5'11 and I hate it, I wish I was a good 6'3, I would turn myself into a big man mountain
  • Options
    I'm about 5'11 and I hate it, I wish I was a good 6'3, I would turn myself into a big man mountain

:chin: Yeah...but any ideas of height = manliness are crazy, I reckon!! Blokes really do worry about their size (in all respects! :naughty: ) too much....what makes you a man is who you ARE and your attitude to life, not how tall (or not) you happen to be....the two are not in any way connected!!
  • Options
    I know, it's nice being bigger than everyone else. lol.
  • Options
    :p
  • Options
    My fellas only 5'5", yeah it can annoy me at times him not being a bit taller, but more than 5'8 - 5'10 I don't like anyways. No fun getting a stiff neck whilst kissing a bloke. (I'm 5'6" btw). But 5'8 is certainly not small and if tonight was anything to go by people are getting smaller.
  • Options
    Kazbo wrote: »
    No fun getting a stiff neck whilst kissing a bloke.

Fuck that, I always bend down to kiss a girl. Maybe it's me but I always end up getting a sore neck kissing, women, don't expect any help on a Saturday!
  • Options
    The average height for men in this country is 5'10" so 5-8 isn't that short at all, it's just a bit below average. Just be glad you don't live in Holland. The average for a bloke there is 6'1". If it's bothering you that much, move to China and you can be tall.

As for Tom Cruise, he's apparently 5'7" which is short for a Hollywood action hero. But I think people only take the piss out of Tom Cruise for being short because he apparently makes such a big deal out of it. Which says it all really.

But just so you know, Kurt Cobain, Bob Dylan, Tupac, Bono, Ja Rule, Elijah Wood, Al Pacino, Ben Stiller, Anthony Hopkins, Fred Durst, Joaquin Phoenix, James Dean, Mark Wahlberg, Dustin Hoffman, Lou Reed, Eminem, Bruce Lee, Harvey Keitel, Dennis Hopper, Martin Sheen, and Robert Downey Jr. are all 5'8" or less. So I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    But just so you know, Kurt Cobain, Bob Dylan, Tupac, Bono, Ja Rule, Elijah Wood, Al Pacino, Ben Stiller, Anthony Hopkins, Fred Durst, Joaquin Phoenix, James Dean, Mark Wahlberg, Dustin Hoffman, Lou Reed, Eminem, Bruce Lee, Harvey Keitel, Dennis Hopper, Martin Sheen, and Robert Downey Jr. are all 5'8" or less. So I really wouldn't worry about it.

Fuck, take that last comment back, being 5"8 or less is shite.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    i wish i was a baller
    i would call her
    and a '64 Impala

Aw mate, you've no idea how radge I am you got in there before us. :razz: