Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

League Cup linesman is a liar

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story.

And so says Frank Lampard, who was the man supposedly punched.

What can we do with these officials who refuse to obey the laws of the game, and refuse to admit that they are wrong? The linesman in question should be permanently sacked from the game, and should be made personally liable for the costs incurred by Arsenal and Adebayor.

As for the referee, well, Webb proved what a knucklehead he was in the Reading cup game, with Solskjaer scoring the deciding goal after being half a mile offside. He should be permanently sacked too.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What? At half time the analysts said Solskjaer was a yard onside.

I couldn't take their word for it because the screen aspect on the set I was watching was wrong and cut out the left hand side and I couldn't even see Solskjaer on their slow-motion replay. :o

I just presumed Ian Wright, Hanson and co could see it as it was, though obviously that was a ridiculous presumption to make.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I just presumed Ian Wright, Hanson and co could see it as it was, though obviously that was a ridiculous presumption to make.

Ian Wright knowing what he's talking about? Don't be ridiculous!

I can forgive a ref getting the odd borderline decision wrong (like on Tuesday night) but Webb is consistently bad. He isn't as bad as the moron who gifted Arsenal three points against Wigan, but Webb is supposedly the country's best ref and he isn't fit to ref a girls under-10 game.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    The linesman in question should be permanently sacked from the game, and should be made personally liable for the costs incurred by Arsenal and Adebayor.

"FA says the assistant referee's report does not say Adebayor punched Lampard." Here.

Now, who is the liar in this case?
  • Options
    To be fair i have no sympathy for Adebayor. If he had walked straight off the pitch then i would of had some but the manner in which he conducted himself (refusing to leave the pitch) is a disgrace and he deserves his ban.
  • Options
    "FA says the assistant referee's report does not say Adebayor punched Lampard." Here.

Now, who is the liar in this case?

If he didn't punch Lampard why was he sent off?

Either the FA is lying, the linesman is lying, or Howard Webb should be immediately struck off from the list for being an incompetent slaphead.

Why should Adebayor walk off the pitch when the knucklehead rozzer in charge of the game ballsed up big time? Respect where its due, and all that, and Webb is a knucklehead.
  • Options
    If he didn't punch Lampard why was he sent off?

You don't have to land a punch to be sent off, as Scholes incident yesterday shows. He did enough to warrant dismissal.
    Why should Adebayor walk off the pitch when the knucklehead rozzer in charge of the game ballsed up big time?

Because he'd been shown a red card and the referee is in charge. Right or wrong. No question.

The rules of the game are pretty clear on that and Wenger's pitiful attempt to divert attention away from the fact that Arsenal players lost control - yet again - and that they aren't going to win a trophy - yet again - don't change that. his pathetic charge that Arsenal should be shown "respect" for the fact that they play attractive football doesn't mean that rules don't apply to them either.

What I do agree with him on, though, is that Chelsea have got off lightly because Lampard and Drogba are up on charges. Of course, it's not like Chelsea have been guilty of similar fracas over the past couple of years either and perhaps he should look a little closer to home for why the FA might take a tougher stance with serial offenders...
  • Options
    My personal opinion is that the FA are as bent as a nine-bob note, and always have been. Compare and contrast Fowler getting a four-match ban for snorting the touchline (someone think of the kids!) after years of abuse from Everton fans to Gary Neville getting a pat on the back for running 100 yards to cause a riot.

I honestly do think that Arsenal are picked on, and I think its because Wenger whinges, so the refs nearly always side against him. It's the same reason why Paul Jewell never gets a borderline decision in his favour, and didn't when he was with us or Sheff Weds. Some of the red cards dished out to Arsenal over the years have been a joke- do you remember Petit getting sent off after David Ellerary walked into him like the toffee-nosed moron that he is? And the two incidents at Old Trafford were caused by your players, after all, especially horseboy booting Vieira up and down the pitch and then getting him sent off.
  • Options
    And the two incidents at Old Trafford were caused by your players, after all, especially horseboy booting Vieira up and down the pitch and then getting him sent off.

Not sure which two incidents you are talking about, unless you mean one years ago when Arsenal ended up having points deducted...

The other of course must be the mass assault and I'm not sure how you blame United for that either. Vieira aimed a kick at RvN (missed) and so had to go, no option. Then Arsenal players assaulted him...

Still doesn't cover other events which have included Norwich, Fulham and then Chlesea - although I'm sure you'll find a way to blame United for those too :p