Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weird Things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since Im apparently weird for brushing my teeth in the shower (:crying:), I plan to make myself feel better by getting you lot to tell me what weird things you do.

So spill the beans please.

Another thing I do which is probably more OCDish than weird, is put bleach down the loo every night before I go to bed.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's nothing wrong with brushing your teeth in the shower! :)
    I have to wear latex gloves when chopping up chillies :)
    Not use cutlery unless its clean and unused.
    your-babe wrote: »
    I have to wear latex gloves when chopping up chillies :)

That makes sense, you wouldnt want chilli on your hands.
    When I get up in the morning, everything is always done in the same order - switch alarm off, toilet, drink & breakfast, sort my school bag out, get dressed then play on the computer.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When I pee, I'm at an about 45 degree angle in front of the toilet. No real reason for it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Loads of things. Things have to be done in various orders and by certain times. For example, if I pass Morrisons on my way to work any later than 7:44am then I start to panic. I also *have* to go to the toilet last thing at night. Even if I went only half an hour previously and don't really need to go. If I don't go, then I lie awake as I will convince myself that I will have to get up in the middle of the night.

There are many other things, but I shan't embarrass myself any further :blush:
    I also *have* to go to the toilet last thing at night.

I do this as well.
    Sofie wrote: »
    I do this as well.

I'm terrible as I will sniggle up, get comfy and stuff and then, when it is time to sleep, all I can think about is that I *have* to go to the toilet. Even though 9 times out of 10 I don't need to. And I have to get out of my nice, comfy bed and go.

It's annoying, completely psychological and sucks big eggs :grump:
    I do that too Laura, but i have the excuse of having had a baby AND i still have to get up at least once. :o
    Tweety wrote: »
    I do that too Laura, but i have the excuse of having had a baby AND i still have to get up at least once. :o

Nope. I have no such excuse bar madness!
    Not too sure whether this is weird not)

If I've just used something like skin cream, wet wipes or wound wash, I have to wash my hands.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Not too sure whether this is weird not)

If I've just used something like skin cream, wet wipes or wound wash, I have to wash my hands.
    What's wound wash?
    Glittery wrote: »
    What's wound wash?
    To wash wounds I imagine.

I also have to go before I go to bed, but there's a reason for that: If I don't, when I wake up (either middle of the night or next morning) my bladder will be ready to burst. It usually is pretty full anyway.

Basically, yes.
    Oh.

I read it as wound, like to wind something up, like a ball of wool or something :blush:
    I eat Mars bars by biting the chocolate off the ends and sides, eating the caramel bit, then biting of the remaining nougat stuff. And I do a similar thing with a Twix and Kit Kat too.
    Glittery wrote: »
    Oh.

I read it as wound, like to wind something up, like a ball of wool or something :blush:
    hehe :D
    I eat Mars bars by biting the chocolate off the ends and sides, eating the caramel bit, then biting of the remaining nougat stuff. And I do a similar thing with a Twix and Kit Kat too.

Nah, that's not weird. I do that, but I always leave the caramel stuff to the end and eat the nougat / biscuit first :yum:
    I don't really do anything weird. Apart from when i make sandwiches i have to squash them so they're flat before i eat them.
    Something friends have said is weird is that sometimes I cook just in my underwear :o
    Something friends have said is weird is that sometimes I cook just in my underwear :o
    I misread that as "I cook my underwear" :lol:

That's not really weird I think, unless it's cold in your house. Or unless you're completely dressed before and only take off the clothes when you go to cook. But even then, I imagine it's hotter when you stand near the oven/cooker.
    Ooo, where to start?

Probably my most pointless one is that I try and avoid drinking from red beakers from a multi-coloured set of beakers I have. I will if all the others need washing up, but they are always my last choice.
    Umm, have to start washing up with a new sponge, and have to clean the sink, draining board, drainer and washing up bowl before I start. Have to do things in the right order before I go to bed; Get a drink of water (not in a red beaker :p ), put it next to my bed, go into bathroom, go to loo and then clean teeth. Then go to bed, obviously. I rarely drink the glass of water I've got. I have random little ones, that aren't permanent too, they just occur on the spur of the moment, like not using a piece of cutlery even though there's nothing wrong with it and putting things away, if I decided I had to put that one thing away, I can't leave or sleep or whatever til I've done it.
    I'm sure there's loads of other stuff :(
    Not use cutlery unless its clean and unused.

Erm... what's weird about that?
    Who uses dirty cutlery? Now that would be weird :yuck:
    I can't think of anything.....

I'd use used cutlery, if depending what it's been used for. There's often a knife lying round the sink that'd been used for toast etc.
    I can't think of anything.....

I'd use used cutlery, if depending what it's been used for. There's often a knife lying round the sink that'd been used for toast etc.

hmm... :confused: Ok... maybe freeallangels19 and I are both weird then and I hadn't realised it was odd. :razz:

I really think thats a bit horrible though... I never even use a spoon I know I've only stirred tea with for a second time to do the same thing, if it's been a while since I used it. Yucky.
    I always brush my teethin the shower, saves time :thumb:
    I have an obsession with things not mixing. I can't eat butter and jam together or mash potato and gravy and the worse is mixing mayo and ketchup. Its a bit odd.
    i don't think i do anything weird
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    I always brush my teethin the shower, saves time :thumb:
    Hurrah :yippe: