Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So, I tried the dreaded smack!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And fucking lovely it was. I wasn't sick. Didn't plan on it, ended up with some dodgy crack head and bought a tenner bag. Went home and chased the tiniest little bit ever, I mean literally a crumb and it felt so nice, and I'm well used to pethidine, morphine, dhc so I am accustomed to opiates.

Carried on until I was in oblivion, absolute bliss, I'd had a couple of valiums earlier too and had mates round me too so all was safe. I was nodding for about four hours.

It must have been good gear I reckon too, rock, smelt perfumey, almost insence.

Never EVER thought I'd do it. But I enjoyed it and would do it again.

Having done every other drug out there recreationally, ie pills, speed, acid, shrooms,coke, crack and countless pharmaceuticals. I wouldn't say it was the most enjoyable and you get nothing from it but its a lovely feeling, like a kiss from god. Is just not a drug you learn from and this definately a drug to be treated with respect.

I will do it again, but its all about respect and not letting it get on top of you. Plus I don't have easy access to dealers really round here.

It was an experience to be had in my opinion. Blows any other opiate even IV Morphine clean out the water, less side effects too.

The only damage that comes from the drug is the addiction and effects of pinning up etc which I'd NEVER EVER do, and thats a cert because thats a one way ticket to hell and back if your lucky.

I reckon its even possible to get the odd tenner bag to share every now and again with no harm done. Thought I'd share.

Any thoughts, concerns etc?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah, ive heard this story so many times from people who say they will then only do it on really special occasions.
    Then a year down the line theyre a wasted junkie just like any other.
    The vast majority of heroin addicts never were stupid people, they just should never have tried the damn stuff because they got in too deep and thought they were stronger than the drug.

If I were you, id just remember how much you bloody loved it, and how much every other junkie loved it too, and also remember that youre no better and no stronger than anyone else when it comes to feeding your own pleasure centre.
    Youve tried it, now leave it alone and dont touch it again.
    Look, youre already planning on more!
    True. Very true. I'm no different to anybody else.

But there are a lot of smackheads out there living a normal life, I know loads who you'd never even dream did it.

Depends on person to person. I've battled with addiction to opiates and diazepam before and know the warning signs. Even if I were to do it, it would be irregular because it's not really people in my circle.
    Uprising wrote: »
    True. Very true. I'm no different to anybody else.

But there are a lot of smackheads out there living a normal life, I know loads who you'd never even dream did it.

I know loads of ex smackheads leading normal lives but not those who are still using - its really not a very pretty drug and there is no point saying you will treat it with respect because its really not possible - it gives you no respect back...
    It's not pretty no but what drug is?

And by respect I mean savouring the experience, not taking it for granted as it is not something to be enjoyed on a regular basis.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Considering the lack of respect you appear to have had in the past for sedatives, you may want to think long and hard about this.
    Well my mate has now turned to smack as well as crack and she's in the whole thing pretty deep. I haven't seen her in ages, when I call her she's always "busy" and will call me back although she never does, and now she's going out with some crackhead that hangs round at train stations in the area and they do whatever together. When I asked her about trying smack she told me "it's not that bad, I don't inject it or anything, I only smoke it" as if either makes much of a difference. Once you're addicted, that's it really. There is nothing she can say that justifies what she does.

The only damage that comes from the drug is the addiction and effects of pinning up etc which I'd NEVER EVER do, and thats a cert because thats a one way ticket to hell and back if your lucky.

?

Thats just bollocks. Its just as bad to chase the dragon as it is to inject. Its like some weird kind of false snobbery amongst drug users that IDUs are worse than anyone, but really its no different. It IS just another way of doing it, which I wouldnt recommend, but its not because other ways of taking drugs are OK.
    If I had a tenner for everyone I'd ever heard say what you said, Uprising, I'd be a very rich man. Most of the people I've heard say that ended up with habits, some of them are dead and most still have habits.

Be very very careful. Establish your boundaries and stick to them.
    I've battled with addiction to opiates and diazepam before and know the warning signs.

You've had addiction problems before, yet you still want to use heroin?
    And by respect I mean savouring the experience, not taking it for granted as it is not something to be enjoyed on a regular basis.

I doubt much any of us will say will make a blind bit of difference, but junk has hooked people with stronger wills than you before and will do in the future. The fact that you really enjoyed it should be a very good reason for not doing it again.
    Smack. The shit is wrong man. Fairly new to it all, but someone in the family got hooked on it. Saddest thing to see someone you love change so drastically. I can tell ya, it was hard to even recognize him anymore as a person.

Maybe posting about your experience is a cry for help? I mean you sound proud of it! I think deep down you know its wrong, an a stoop to a lower level.
    I know a smackhead and that drug has literally torn his life apart. He wishes to god that he could rewind time to before he even tried it. He is a grown man and I've seen him burst into tears so often because of this drug.
    This drug always gets people once they start doing it. Stop while you can mate.
    You've tried it...leave it at that....if you do it again you will be on the road to addiction without even knowing it...before its too late..what makes you think that you are any stronger than anyone else and that you can use it now and again....the fact that you had addiction problems in the past should be a strong signal in your head to stop now before its too late..
    A lot of people say they were already an addict after the very first time they tried it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    The one time I tried smokign it I was pissed and puked up all over myself. Probabl didn't apreciate it for what it is and passed out. Neer tried it since, though I've had plenty of oppertunity,

I know a few people who will smoke it from time to time, They're not addicts though.
    Weekender Offender 
    Looks like thats my lot then.

I'm not proud, just I don't know the heroin and crack game at all.

I've spoke to a few people as well and they all said, trust, do not even go down that road. And these people have seen it all for real. It's just not worth it, I've got a life to live and wouldn't want to risk wasting it on some gear from some shady twat.

Thanks. :thumb:
    i think youve made a very wise decision mate.
    Nice one, yeh just make sure it doesn't get on top of you and don't inject it, that's just trampy imo.
    Good choice mate!:thumb:
    I don't see why people are against injecting something as opposed to smoking it lol, its all dirty - just different methods.

Injecting it is probably cleaner..
    I don't see why people are against injecting something as opposed to smoking it lol, its all dirty - just different methods.

It may be a tiny bit cleaner but then consider this. These people are not taught how to use syringes properly.
    Did you know that if even the tiniest air bubble gets into that syringe while you draw the substance up and you inject the bubble you will die?
    The air bubble would pass through the bloodstream and into your heart where it would pop under the pressure and kill you.
    I can extend into another way that air bubbles can get into the bloodstream but it would make every man on this forum afraid.

At least with smoking there isn't a chance of that happening. It is still a major evil to even touch the smack. A mate of mine was addicted to it for 6 years and it took losing his son and wife through leaving to get him into Rehab.
    He's still on Methadone now, 2 years on. He has his wife and son back now and will not risk losing them again. He nearly lost everything to smack. He says it rips the soul right out of you to the point where your next hit becomes more important than anything else, including family.
    How long does the high off smack last? Not as short as coke I take it?
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    It may be a tiny bit cleaner but then consider this. These people are not taught how to use syringes properly.
    Did you know that if even the tiniest air bubble gets into that syringe while you draw the substance up and you inject the bubble you will die?
    The air bubble would pass through the bloodstream and into your heart where it would pop under the pressure and kill you.
    I can extend into another way that air bubbles can get into the bloodstream but it would make every man on this forum afraid.

Thats actually bollocks about the air embolism. It is not a good idea to put air into the bloodstream obviously, but it would take a rather large air bubble to kill you. I think they said about 10ml on my nursing course.

Injecting is certainly not cleaner. The risks from injecting are massive. From blood borne viruses like HIV, Hep B & C to infections like cellulitis, endocardiatis, ulcers, deep vein thrombosis etc. It's also far easier to OD.
    personally i think people who say that they can keep havin it with out becomin addicted are very naive because herion is very addictive and you can like suzycreamcheese said become addicted after the first time you have taken it
    luvmeright wrote: »
    you can like suzycreamcheese said become addicted after the first time you have taken it

It's not a simple as that.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    It's not a simple as that.

"A long journey starts with a single step."

It's not likely you'll get properly addicted after your first try but you like its effects. Then you buy it again because you liked its effects. You like it again and then you want more. This is the beginning of true addiction.
    It isn't like with pills or speed where it can take days and sometimes even weeks of non stop dropping or snorting/bombing before you become truly addicted to it.

Most people I speak to who know about it say that it takes an average of 3 times before you're addicted to smack.
    wow after reading your post it made even me want to try it. weak i know. its sounds good to be so still but i could never let myself try it because i bet i would take things too far. what did it feel like?

its weird .. within my group all of us do drugs. some more than often. and some of us you wouldnt even guess but they are the worst ones. but whenever i say would you try smack every one goes mental all like 'na no way im not some fucking dirty smackhed' .. and i dont know i think its a bit hypocritical seeing as they spend over 200 quid of the money from sovereign on 4 g's which promtly go straight up their nose using a rolled up peice of paper cos they have run out of money ..
    Ghost18 wrote: »
    It's not likely you'll get properly addicted after your first try but you like its effects. Then you buy it again because you liked its effects. You like it again and then you want more. This is the beginning of true addiction.

Is it?

I took ecstasy and liked it's effects, so I then bought it again and over the last 10 years have done them on many occasions but that doesn't mean I'm addicted to ecstasy.

I take crack once in blue moon, and I like it's effects, but my usage hasn't spirralled out of control. What's all that about then?

I've heard that it takes a fair old while to devolp a physical dependance to opiates. I don't pretend to be an expert on addictions so I could be wrong, but I think this 'one hit and your hooked' is bollocks to be honest.

Don't confuse the 'want' to try something again because it was enjoyable, with an addiction or a dependacy.

This is Blagsta's field, I'd be intrested to hear what he says about it.
    Weekender Offender