Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

jobless rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
am i making a mistake in not really being that fussed which job i get? its makes it so difficult to search for one, because i dont really know what i want to do....i will basically do anything that doesnt involve sitting in an office all day. im finding it so fuckin hard to get going, and its doing my nut in.:banghead:

and there seems to be so many 'recruitment' jobs going? how the hell does that work?

....someone help.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is a good reason why there are loads of Recruitment Jobs going. ;)

What age are you?

Would you move away from where your currently living?

Think about jobs and activites that would make you happy, then see if you can work in that industry.

You need to find something that you will enjoy and then you can narrow down your search.

:thumb:
    Get a job in the leisure industry (it's usually pretty easy), do that for about 3 weeks full time and you'll learn to hate it for life.

That will then wipe one category of not office based work off the list (that or you might like it).
    I don't think there's anything wrong with not really knowing what you want to do. It might make it harder for you to convince employers that you really want to work for them, that's all... in which case work on the arse-licking skills :p

Maybe make a list of things you wouldn't mind having a go at... start at the top, try and get a job like the first one you've written down... if you find you don't like it afterall go to the next one, and so on.

At least it's some sort of plan.
    I can understand the state of mind in which you will do just about any job that you can see. I think it's a very positive way to go about things. Too many people are out there looking for the "perfect" job. For example, my perfect job would involve working around two hours a day in an office. I'd be walking around in the nude, and I'd spend all my time checking e-mails and watching viral videos on YouTube. Of course, any employer who offered such jobs would soon find themselves with a one-way ticket to the Job Centre themselves. But I digress, not to mention disturb most of the readers.

I'm going to start work in an arcade later this month. I never seriously thought I'd see myself working in an arcade, nor thinking I could get the job. But I did, and I'm fairly proud of myself for it. Why am I doing it? For the money. Simple as that. At the end of the day, we're all just trying to keep our heads above water.