Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When you're tipsy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't you talk some god awful shite?

I know I'm doing it, but I dunno, I feel profound, knowledgable and wise.

:wave: everyone, how are you tonight?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't drink, but I do enter "nonsense mode" when it's late sometimes. I think it's the adrenaline.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've now entered into apologetic mode.

You know Thesite is quite amazing how it brings people together from all different backgrounds. I think there should be more places like thesite. I want to travel, like briggi I think it was. Be a bit more cultured, a bit more understanding of other people. I think we're all guilty of being self centered, but I'd say sometimes it was one of my worst flaws.
    Hola, bored and watching Aliens. Woop DI doo.
    That's a really good film.

I wanted to be a marine when I was young, Hicks was so cool.
    I don’t get drunk that often but when I do my mates think im sober, I don’t say anything silly though….

If I’ve had a couple of drinks they think I’m pissed cos I come say random :o stuff but thats just cos when its late i get this werid burst of energy, I chat utter tosh (also applies if I havent had a drop). I think alcohol silences me..

silent but deadly ;)
    Lol, that reminds me of when I was young, me and my friend used to classify farts. That was the worst one, it was really warm coming out and you knew it was going to smell. I bet everyone did the same though.

Can you believe all my friends just went offline at the same time. I've nobody left to talk to except you guys :)
    I’ll be here for a bit…so how many have you had to night then (drinks that is lol) or you lost count
    Not very many, it's more or less worn off now. I was just 'talky talky'. Now I'm just a bit lonely. But I really don't feel like going to bed, I want to sit up and talk to someone, you know when you get into a conversation and can't stop talking.
    Im not tired either, watching some shite on tv ...and im hungry but too lazy to make anything.
    And I'm just playing games. Some company would be nice, as always, but none available right now.
    I'm just channel hopping through freeview, there's never anything go on thursdays
    I'm not really in the mood to watch a music channel
    Pot Noodle and a wank time ... :p
    Going to bed, I feel very like it suddenly.
    Im not getting to sleep until 4am nowadays, got the whole 12 disk teachers tv series on dvd to get through though.
    olaola wrote: »
    Im not getting to sleep until 4am nowadays, got the whole 12 disk teachers tv series on dvd to get through though.

Same.

I want to do something creative, but technical. Like the Germans. (Well, according to that top gear episode I watched anyway, I'm not sure I should trust Jeremy Clarkson for pointing out cultural differences).
    ive thought up a creative, yet technical way of waking it for tomorrows 11am lecture. :) Involves one can of Relentless and a very loud radio alarm.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I want to travel, like briggi I think it was. Be a bit more cultured, a bit more understanding of other people. I think we're all guilty of being self centered, but I'd say sometimes it was one of my worst flaws.

Bless you :)

But I am probably the last person anyone should want to be like!
    I can talk complete shite when drunk but most of the time don't :p

However, I do tend to have more 'serious' conversations with people about 'serious' issues after a few drinks.

As for how I am tonight, I've just got in. Slightly tipsy but feel ok. I had a really good night despite developing a really bad cold/sore throat today :grump: and it being sub-zero temperatures here in Huddersfield (as I'm here visiting a FRIEND).

Also, silly little girls who have nothing better to do than spread vicious rumours/lies amuse me. I didn't realise they had such an interest in my life (or, should I say, have nothing better to do with their time but talk about me!!!! :lol:)

Ah well, I'm going to go back to eating my bag of Skips :yum:
    Ah well, I'm going to go back to eating my bag of Skips :yum:

You gave me the munchies with that one line. Damn you.

I'm trolling on computer forums (several at once cos there aren't enough unanswered threads) and giving advice on every single thread. I'm gonna get banned from one or more soon. Seriously, if I could do computer tech support for a career, I would. Except I don't like talking on the phone :p.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    You gave me the munchies with that one line. Damn you.

I'm trolling on computer forums (several at once cos there aren't enough unanswered threads) and giving advice on every single thread. I'm gonna get banned from one or more soon. Seriously, if I could do computer tech support for a career, I would. Except I don't like talking on the phone :p.

Are you talking crap or giving out helpful advice?:p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Yes I talk shite and I generally make an utter twat of myself when I get pissed.

I wish I was one of those quiet drunks that just prop up the bar.
    Weekender Offender 
    ive thought up a creative, yet technical way of waking it for tomorrows 11am lecture. :) Involves one can of Relentless and a very loud radio alarm.

ahhh. it worked. The early bird catches the worm:D
    I get very loveydovey when I'm drunk. Hug and kiss my girl friends and just want to dance and laugh. I also get very horny.
    When i'm drinking Cava/Champagne I just get merry and bubbly.
    When I drink Stella I get louder and louder and over exaggerate everything. I also turn into the world's biggest flirt. I sometimes can get very aggressive if someone has 'tude!
    i definately talk crap, i also repeat myself a lot!
    Aparently I like to state the obvious when drunk... Very useful things such as: 'I'm sitting down' 'that's a chair, that is' and so on. I tend to get a bit hyper and giggly.
    briggi wrote: »
    But I am probably the last person anyone should want to be like!
    Not true, based on anything I remember of you. :no:
    Did you set up a mechanism to pour the icy cold liquid on you if the radio didn't wake you up? :p
    I phone people :(

Reaaaally need to cut down on the drinking, it turns me into even more of a annoying wee shit :no:
    Sofie wrote: »
    Are you talking crap or giving out helpful advice?:p

I will have to check this morning... :)