Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Grand Designs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Omg has anyone just watched it!?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yea i watched it last night, with the old castle converted into a house with a 'viewing platform'. what did you think of it?
  • Options
    i thought the finished thing was a bit dissapointing, they have shown projects that cost a lot less money and be a hell of a lot more impressive. fair play to em for ressurecting a relic and all that but, not for me.
  • Options
    Yea I think some of the bits inside were boarding on too modern for such an old place, and the constuction on the roof. Looked like a great idea, and the views were wonderful but it really doesn't go with a castle!

I felt a bit sorry for them, he seemed like a nice guy but things keep going wrong and it cost him loads in the end! £20,000 for an archaeologist (sp?) just so he could lay some pipes!! :eek2:
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    i thought the finished thing was a bit dissapointing, they have shown projects that cost a lot less money and be a hell of a lot more impressive. fair play to em for ressurecting a relic and all that but, not for me.

well the idea was to keep the castle kind of theme. They probably could have built it from scratch for less money though. But i wouldn't mind living there, especially with that attic!
  • Options
    It was channel 4 most watched TV programme last night, and possibly the most watched of the year.

Did think the castle looked good, but it cost a shit load

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    But i wouldn't mind living there, especially with that attic!

Nah I wouldn't like the live there. It's not cosy enough; too bare. But I agree the attic bit was amazing.
  • Options
    Nah I wouldn't like the live there. It's not cosy enough; too bare. But I agree the attic bit was amazing.

that's how castles were - and he said it was his dream to live in a castle. Suppose if it was your own you could make it cosy. They could always sell it too - but i doubt they'll want to after all that hard work, even though they'd get millions for it!