Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Arsenal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Are going to be the best team in the world in a few years.

That is all.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is that before or after yous have won the Champions League? ;)

They're different class though, eh? Best footballing team in the country by a country mile IMO.
    Fuck you.

Watching them run rings around the most over-payed and over-rated players on the planet (Shevchenko, I'm looking at you) is fucking awesome.
    Fuck you.

Watching them run rings around the most over-payed and over-rated players on the planet (Shevchenko, I'm looking at you) is fucking awesome.

We should send a video of it to Dougie Donnelly and the rest of the cock jockeys who wank over the Hobos "crisp passing game" at any given opportunity :thumb:
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    We should send a video of it to Dougie Donnelly and the rest of the cock jockeys who wank over the Hobos "crisp passing game" at any given opportunity :thumb:

Haha aye. Especially that useless cunt Ivan Sproule. I guy who sat behind me at Tynecastle against Hibs last season descibed him best for me. His wee laddie looked up at him and said "Daddy, he's really fast eh?" And his Dad replied "Aye son, he can run alright, but if you left the gate open he'd run right oot the fucking stadium!"
    They've been technically one of the best teams in the world, and the best the Premiership for years now. Doesn't always mean trophies though. But I think Arsenal have phases of success more than any other team, because they have to wait for their players to grow and learn. Wenger's the best club manager in the world, no doubt in my opinion. It's just proof that the best teams can't be bought, they have to be made over time. Sam Allardyce is another example. Oh, and Fabregas is gonna be the best midfielder in the world too.
    They've been technically one of the best teams in the world, and the best the Premiership for years now. Doesn't always mean trophies though. But I think Arsenal have phases of success more than any other team, because they have to wait for their players to grow and learn. Wenger's the best club manager in the world, no doubt in my opinion. It's just proof that the best teams can't be bought, they have to be made over time. Sam Allardyce is another example. Oh, and Fabregas is gonna be the best midfielder in the world too.

Fabregas just oozes class. Armand Traore has been outstanding aswell.
    My mate, an Arsenal fan, just sent me a text from Cardiff. He is not impressed.
    In his words the game was "Embarassing to watch".
    Then he didn;t watch the same game as me. It's scary to think that was Arsenal Futures...
    Anyone who thinks that was embarrassing to watch is an idiot. Arsenal's team had an average age of 21 and made the most expensive team in the world look very average.

I would like to personally congratulate Howard Webb for a fantastic display of referreeing. I wonder how many roubles he cost :chin:
    arsenal play a great game, shame they can't put the ball in the net (yet).....for all their possession cech didn't have much to do today.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    They may not always get the trophies but they always play the most entertaining football IMO.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm gradually starting to believe that football is more than about the trophies you win, its about the way you play as well. Chelsea are very efficient and will win lots of tin pots, but I'd rather eat my eyes with a spoon than watch that dirge every week. It's the same with Bolton.

I know fans love success, and I don't mind my team winning 1-0 in the most boring way sometimes, but I'd hate to watch a team that always played not to lose than played to actually win.
    I know many Chelsea fans who would agree Kermit...
    I agree. I much preferred Man City under Keegan than under Pearce, even though we're doing about as well. I guess Keegan had money to buy flair players though.
    Denilson and Traore both look like really good players. Walcott hasn't impressed me so far, given his price tag. Today was the first time I've seen him do anything of worth. Hopefully Wenger will keep this bunch on the straight and narrow and not let them believe their own hype and become arrogant petulant little shites.
    Then he didn;t watch the same game as me. It's scary to think that was Arsenal Futures...

Obviously he meant that about Chelsea... :rolleyes:
    Not sure it was that obvious Mig...
    I know many Chelsea fans who would agree Kermit...

The way I see it, the first priority is for my team to win. Getting entertained is a bonus, if I want entertainment I'll go the the cinema. That doesn't tend to put bums on seats when it's not value for money, but I'm blind to the whole thing and I'd rather we won 1-0 or 2-1 most weeks than sacrafice some of those for a couple of 3-3 draws or 4-3 defeats and I'll pay through the nose regardless.

Most people I know don't agree, which is why our attendances are pathetic.
    Was really impressed with that Arsenal side, they were all over Chelski.
    The kids were excellent, it was the established players who let it slip away at the end. Toure is a bit jumpy and hyper but I was very surprised at his (over)reaction that lead to the scuffle. I've never seen him react like that before. On closer inspection of the replays; Adebayor, Lumplard, Fabregas, Mikel, Toure and Eboue could've all walked. The ref lost control of the game long before that though.

I thought Diaby coming off changed the game. He, Fabregas and Denilson dominated the midfield. I hope to see more of Denilson in particular, in every game he's played he's impressed me.

It was great to see Theo score, I was beaming with pride as if he were my own son.

The saddest thing of it all was to see two of the best players of their generation, Shevcheko and Ballack, reduced to mediocrity in such a robotic, passionless side. Drogba however was excellent.

Considering we put out a even weaker team than I was expecting they gave a good account of themselves.
    Braineater wrote: »
    The saddest thing of it all was to see two of the best players of their generation, Shevcheko and Ballack, reduced to mediocrity in such a robotic, passionless side.

:thumb:

That applies to most of the season too. It's why I can't agree with Mourinho's assessment of his own ability. Wenger wouldn't have them playing like that, for sure.
    It's why I can't agree with Mourinho's assessment of his own ability. Wenger wouldn't have them playing like that, for sure.

I certainly don't agree with Mourinho's assessment of his ability.

His Porto side cheated their way to a Champions League.

His Chelsea team have faced no competition in the league until this season. Their titles have effectively been handed to them because their rivals have been so poor until this season.

The style of football his sides play isn't dissimilar from something Allardyce could produce with the same resources. Given the resources at his disposal, his teams should at least be challenging for every trophy playing good football. Instead his team has failsed badly when it's mattered in Europe (losing to Liverpool ffs) and play awful football.

His signings have been more or less shit (very expensive shit at that). Most of the decent Chelsea signings were made by Ranieri.
    :yes:

Abramovitch could've bought a Bugatti, instead he bought a tank.

I'm willing to bet that if Ranieri were still in charge, there would be none of the bile aimed at Chelsea now.
    Addict wrote: »
    His Porto side cheated their way to a Champions League.

And the UEFA Cup. I still don't know how Martin O'Neill didn't lamp the cunt.
    His signings have been more or less shit (very expensive shit at that). Most of the decent Chelsea signings were made by Ranieri.

Yep- everyone forgets it was Ranieri who forked out ten million notes for Lampard. "Home grown" player my foot.

Most of the English signings were Ranieri's, too. It's a shame Ranieri went, because the players he bought were well on their way to becoming top players. Instead players like Bridge and Johnson were kept out of the side by shite like del Horno. And someone had the cheek to say Chelsea were good for English footy.

Chelsea are efficient and will win lots of tin pots, but I'd really rather watch paint dry. Fair enough doing that to get your first title under your belt (Wenger's 1998 title side were pretty damn dull as well) but with those resources you should be going beyond that.
    ooops. maybe they're not so good after all.
    They are good, but they are still quite easy to defend against quite often, especially if you're a team of cloggers like Blackburn and Bolton.
    Thats the problem with being all potential.......no attainment (yet).

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though. If we had a more clinical striker up front we would've won quite comfortably. Of course there are the two strong penalty claims from both games but hey ho.

No doubt the media are preparing the obligatory shattered Arsenal badges, and if we go out of Europe next week maybe that would warrant using them.
    Was Henry injured or something, or why wasn't he played? I think RvP is a bit of a miss too. Baptista just doesn't look up to it IMO. And does Theo Walcott actually convince given the huge amount Arsenal spent to secure him? I know he's young etc and you should give him a chance, but Arsenal forked out £12m on him. That's a huge amount of money.
    AFAIK Henry had a foot injury. RVP has indeed been missed, he'll be a big player for us next season.

Baptista has been a disappointment though he seems to be trying his hardest, signing him permenantly would be a gamble. Reyes isn't doing to well at Real either apparantly and if his attitude has improved by a year in the Spanish sun then I'd take him back, we miss his directness.

As for Theo, we only paid £5m upfront, the rest is in appearences etc. I doubt we'll end up paying the full £12m but yes it is a lot of money, but it's a gamble I suspect will pay off in the long-run. He'd be better used upfront imo. Wenger's probably trying to do to Walcott what he did to Henry at Monaco.

We'll need big changes in the summer if we're going to break back into a title-challenging position and I think if we finish empty handed and another 4th place next May questions will be asked.
    Arsenal now have the reputation that they can't take being clogged, and referees have bought into that and they simply don't give fouls against Arsenal players. If an Arsenal striker gets clogged in the air its because he's "soft". Bolton have been getting away with it for years against Arsenal, and other teams know that you can kick Arsenal off the pitch and get away with it.

I think Baptista is a decent player but he's no Reyes, and I think everyone forgets that Walcott is just a bairn. He's bound to blow hot and cold, every other top player at that age has done so too, including Owen and Rooney- its why Henry was so crap at Juve, too.