Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girl doing my head in...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Longstory/short: there's this insanely hot chick at this place i'm working at for a month, then i'm outta there after that so no potential colleague/relationship related stress in the medium to long term..

i'm sure i've caught her giving me a few of those sort of stares from across the room, but she's really awkward when we talk, avoiding eye contact n stuff...

really doing my head in because she's really sweet/funny (and fucking hot) and i'm trying to pluck up the courage to get her number off her/get to know her better.

any tips?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Show her where things are kept in the stock cupboard :yes:

:thumb:
    Just ask her if she fancies meeting up for a drink or lunch or something one day - don't make a big deal of it but make her aware it's her you want to go with (like you said you've got limited time at the company so you won't cause yourself much upset if it goes sour)

You'll never know if you don't ask! The worse case scenario, she says no.

n00b1e wrote: »
    Longstory/short: there's this insanely hot chick at this place i'm working at for a month, then i'm outta there after that so no potential colleague/relationship related stress in the medium to long term..

i'm sure i've caught her giving me a few of those sort of stares from across the room, but she's really awkward when we talk, avoiding eye contact n stuff...

really doing my head in because she's really sweet/funny (and fucking hot) and i'm trying to pluck up the courage to get her number off her/get to know her better.

any tips?

stop overinterpreting those glances or those being awkward or any other things women do purposefully and unpurposefully. It will always mislead you.

Ask her out, for a drink for a start.
    any tips?

Take Back The Cock!:yippe:

:razz:
    lipsy wrote: »
    Take Back The Cock!:yippe:

:razz:

:lol::love:
    "stop overinterpreting those glances or those being awkward or any other things women do purposefully and unpurposefully. It will always mislead you."

yeah If you believe you figured out what a woman is doing pre-shagging-them the likelihood is you've got the wrong end of the stick. Takes a while after shagging to figure out their games etc I'm finding. :p

Best bet is to hope for group drinking night out and that way you can chat and slip into the convo about lack of numbers and not being able to keep in contact!
    Listen to Harmless, hes the kiddy when it comes to work relationships :p
    Lacy wrote: »
    Listen to Harmless, hes the kiddy when it comes to work relationships :p

Shut it!! :lol:
    Harmless wrote: »
    Shut it!! :lol:

You should write a book, it'd be a bestseller :p
    Lacy wrote: »
    You should write a book, it'd be a bestseller :p

:chin: Maybe!! Its only been 3! I'll send you a signed copy yeah!!:p
    :chin: Maybe!! Its only been 3! I'll send you a signed copy yeah!!:p

Lol fuck a signed copy, i want my name in the acknowledgments.
    _79_ wrote: »

Yep and even if she does say no - you'll be out of these soon enough, so you'll not have to see each other again anyway. But go for it, just a casual drink outside of work should do to see if you click.

Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. :thumb:
    "stop overinterpreting those glances or those being awkward or any other things women do purposefully and unpurposefully. It will always mislead you."

yeah If you believe you figured out what a woman is doing pre-shagging-them the likelihood is you've got the wrong end of the stick. Takes a while after shagging to figure out their games etc I'm finding. :p

now I know why girls are always complaining why we are so crude, blunt and don't "get signs."

I used to get ALL the signs and misinterpreted them all, lol. Now I just act like I don't realize jack, so she is either more forward, or I at least keep my metal sanity :lol:

bit OT, soz.
    Your metal sanity?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    _79_ wrote: »
    Just ask her if she fancies meeting up for a drink or lunch or something one day - don't make a big deal of it but make her aware it's her you want to go with (like you said you've got limited time at the company so you won't cause yourself much upset if it goes sour)

:yes: indeed. You might find some useful tips in this article too. Good luck :)
    Organise a works night out !

Only , mention it to her and find out if she's free! Otherwise you wont be particularly happy if you have to organise it and she doesnt go lol
    Ah the phases of attraction...

i'm currently in the "no, she's actually a condescending twat but i still want her for some strangee reason" stage.

Definatlely lots of flirting going on though.
    Ah the phases of attraction...

i'm currently in the "no, she's actually a condescending twat but i still want her for some strangee reason" stage.

Definatlely lots of flirting going on though.

lol I don't think I've ever been through that stage

you asked her out yet then? or her being condescending too much hehe?

you so need to elaborate! :)

any tips?

Yeah ask her for her number.... A good idea with that is to talk to her, find something you're both interested in (or pretend you like something she likes) then say "hey, I now a good exhibition/film/gallery/event about that!" and ask for her number so you can both go.

Or use the excuse that you want to expand your social circle, so get her number and say "your friends and my friends, Friday night, Wetherspoons", or whatever.