Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Unfairness in your local sports clubs

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ive been playing for a local club now for quite some time now and I have started to notice things are becoming a little unfair. Does anyone suffer from coaches that are biased to certain players?

We have had a few cases of our coaches favourite rocking up to a match withought commiting to training in the slightest to then get on before other players.

What has anyone done about this if it has occured
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know personally, but I've heard from a lot of people that are into youth coaching, that there are far too many coaches that are more interested in personal glory, and winning the match/tournament, than actually helping their kids develop into better players. This is more in coaching for the professional game. But I can imagine there are a lot of cases where the more naturally talented player that doesn't turn up every week, is put on the pitch ahead of kids who've tried their heart out every training session.
    Yeah I know what You mean.

Frustraiting is'nt it.
    I think the coaches job is pretty much to make sure their team wins, if the team has better players than you then they are going to get picked.
    Want it to change? Learn to become a better player or move to a team where you're already the best player..
    It's true that the best players should be picked but they should show commitment to training. Players that don't should be make to sit a game out and it may teach them the valuable lesson "There is no I in team."

Coaches that allow this to happen aren't the sort of coaches that you want. They're normally obsessed with winning and don't care how many people they keep out of the team to get it.

If you have this situation speak to your team mates and take a united stand. The Coach(es) have to listen if they don't have a team to put out won't they?
    Sorry posted in wrong thread
    film_buff wrote: »
    Sorry posted in wrong thread

n00b lol!!!!
    Happens all the time on our uni side. Year after year the captain says "don't train, won't play" but year after year come the big competitions guess who's in the squad.
    Not really, in the past I have had problems with older members of the team giving the younger players stick. One of the reasons I gave up on sport.
    Learn to become a better player or move to a team where you're already the best player..

Thats not the point ... it should be an attitude of whoever is committed should play above those who aernt. Adopt the philosophy if not at traiing sit on bench a game. Winning is important but fairness should also be a part of it too.