Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question about smoking weed

I have a friend who smokes weed and a few times I've been around him when he's been smoking it. (usually opposite him) Does me breathing in whatever he's breathed out effect me in any way? (like in the ways smoking tobacco does)

Sorry, can't really explain what I'm trying to ask.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it will in about the same way breathing in second hand tobacco smoke does, I wouldn't have thought it'd make much difference.
    If you think your going to get highh thats not gonna happen

Wasn't really thinking about this.
    You breathe in tons of pollution everyday, a little ganja smokes not gonna do you any harm.
    Sofie wrote: »
    Wasn't really thinking about this.

It won't give you paranoia or schizophrenia either, as other people said the only dangers are the usual risks of passive smoking if he uses tobacco in his joints.
    there'd probably be the same risks from passive smoke if he was just smoking weed too.
    Breathing in any smoke is probably not gonna be particularly healthy.
    I have a friend who smokes weed and a few times I've been around him when he's been smoking it. (usually opposite him) Does me breathing in whatever he's breathed out effect me in any way? (like in the ways smoking tobacco does)

The only times where passive smoking has been proven to be a serious harm is in a confined space over a long period, like living with a heavy smoker in a small flat.

You standing next to your mate once in a while as he has the odd smoke is going to do absolutely no measurable damage to you.

Yes, it is possible you will become a smoking rasta over night. You will need to be careful and ask your friend to stop.

Lol, jesus christ.
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Yes, it is possible you will become a smoking rasta over night. You will need to be careful and ask your friend to stop.

Lol, jesus christ.

:rolleyes: If you're not going to say anything helpful, then shut up.
    Don't blame me when you develop dreadlocks , i have warned you.
    actually before i started smoking weed for the first time, i remember i was with my friend in an enclosed room they were smoking and i'm sure i remember feeling like it was affecting me a tiny bit. you'll know if it does, so i doubt you'd really need to ask the question tbh. if it does then the effects anyway are going to be really really really really really mild. you're not going to get stoned or anything. if he smokes weed+tobacco then the tobacco is going to affect you the same as any passive smoking would. realistically tho' it isn't going to do you any harm. weed being less harmful than tobacco.
    otter wrote: »
    weed being less harmful than tobacco.

Each have ups and downs, I wouldnt say one was more dangerous than the other.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru

Lol, jesus christ.

Hey mr know it all, how about letting people find out the facts without getting ridiculed.
    Don't blame me when you develop dreadlocks , i have warned you.

I'm being serious !!
    reeeeally wouldnt worry about it u ent gonna get high or nething and the risks or effects to u are so small but if u are reli worried about it just stand away from them :)