Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blonde Disaster!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well- maybe disaster is a strong word. I dyed my hair last night with Swarzkopf Absolute Platinum...and it's gone kinda yellow. I've had this before when I've dyed my hair blonde and I know it tones down fairly quickly... and tips on a shampoo or anything i could use to help it on its way?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im sure I heard something about tomato sauce doing something to tone down yellow blonde :chin:

In fact ignore me, you use tomato sauce if your blonde hair goes green from chlorine.
    Really? Interesting. I think Im going to need some more info before I start squeezing tomatoes over my head though....
    purple shampoo takes the yellow tinge out of blonde hair x
    Littleali wrote: »
    purple shampoo takes the yellow tinge out of blonde hair x

Any particular brand?
    nah they all do the same thing :) x
    I use a redken purple conditioner for platinum blonde which is awesome at reducing yellow tones, you get it from hairdressers but its about 15 quid a bottle.
    I can't go into a hairdressers with my hair this colour! :nervous:
    haha the only place i`ve been able to get it is in the large boots and a few chemists

good luck :)
    you could order something from online with next day delivery if its that bad that you cant go out ;)
    Well I'm at work right now and in full view of my customers! Im just laughing about it to be honest, otherwise I'd just cry. I've bought some blonde toner (a wash in, wash out one) so hopefully that'll callm it down a bit. Saying that, I'm kinda reluctant to put anything else on my hair right now.
    Oh you poor thing! I dyed my hair myself once...I used this gingery colour, I thought it would look nice, and not too noticeable, when I rinsed my hair and looked in the mirror I looked like I had been Tango'd!

It was a horrid experience and because I couldn't bare people to see me looking like such an idiot I took a sicky from work and had to be practically smuggled up to the hair dressers with hat and shades haha, and they had to use some chemical to strip my hair! Anyway the permanent dye was removed thank goodness and my hair was back to normal colour! It cost about 30quid to have it removed though :(
    One time I coloured my hair and decided to go dark brown from my usual blonde...at home. Never a good idea, especially just before you go away for a weekend. With no time left to fix the green patches in my hair, I had to make a 3 hour train journey and then find a hairdressers to help me out. That cost me £70 so you got off lightly my love!
    I sure did!!! 70quid is a lot of money! Have you found anything to tame the colour yet?
    Did it work?! I've washed my hair several times with purple shampoo, it does seem to have toned it down a bit. It's definitely less garish this morning!
    Just to let you know for reference: Tomato Ketchup DOES work. I spent wednesday evening with my hair covered in the stuff. Anti Dandruff shampoo also works!xXx
    Buy some toner and whack that on. Fudge do a good one called whiter shade of pale or something similar, it's really easy to use and should do the joby.
    Dobbin wrote: »
    Just to let you know for reference: Tomato Ketchup DOES work. I spent wednesday evening with my hair covered in the stuff. Anti Dandruff shampoo also works!xXx

How do you know that just washing it with normal shampoo wouldn't have worked? :confused:
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    How do you know that just washing it with normal shampoo wouldn't have worked? :confused:
    Anti dandruff shampoo such as Head and Shoulders strips dye out of hair - a few hairdressers have suggested it to me before :yes: