Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What countries have you visited?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    UK
    France
    Spain
    Tenerife
    Lanzarote
    USA
    Monaco
    Barcelona
    Italy
    Vatican City
    Egypt
    Prague
    ...would like to add Cuba and Mexico to the list :yes:

Erm... is Barcelona not a city in spain? :confused:
    Ass!
    That's an extensive question.

Australia
    New Zealand
    Japan
    Thailand
    Burma/Myanmar
    England
    Scotland
    U.S.A.
    (Hawaiian Islands)
    Canada
    And soon Belgium.

"Guess what baby?...We're goin to Brussels!"
    Germany
    France (only briefly)
    Austria
    Portugal
    Lebanon

think that's it.

oh, and Wales & Scotland too!

only one I went to with my parents was Lebanon, I have relatives out there :)

would very much like to go to Japan at some point
    Apart from Chile, I've been to:

Argentina
    Peru
    Brazil
    US
    Canada
    Spain
    France
    Monaco & Montenegro
    Italy & Vatican City
    Austria
    Germany
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Holland
    Belgium
    England
    USA
    Hawaii
    Thailand
    Singapore
    Eygpt
    Germany
    Japan
    Pakistan
    Saudi Arabia
    Oman

and obviously back to Dubai :p
    Lu_C wrote: »

Yes it is.
    Rich-E wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, if your kids wanted to go on a school trip, would you pay for them to? Even if they were under 16 and didn't have jobs? Would you also ever treat them by taking them on holiday somewhere? Perhaps a family holiday?

I just don't think that generosity on behalf of parents necessarily means that kids are spoilt. But thats me.

Only if I could afford it.
    Lu_C wrote: »

It is but i just wanted to increase my list a bit :blush: Plus it is a fab city! :D
    It is but i just wanted to increase my list a bit :blush: Plus it is a fab city! :D

:lol: Fair enough! I've never been there :( Infact I've never been to Spain :eek:
    Ballerina wrote: »
    you go on holiday once every 2 months?

Yes - but then I save money every month towards going on holiday (I'd rather be on a beach than up to date with the latest fashions) - plus its not like I go on holiday for 2 weeks every 2 months - more lots of short trips. Also even though i'm realllly old and married my parents still take me on sailing and skiing holidays with them as well. Plus I go away with work - which isnt' a holiday but is nice to get out of the country.

So for example last year I went: To Austria for a 5 day skiing trip, To france for a friends wedding, to Morrocco for another friends hen night, to the norfolk broads for yet another hen night, to Mallorca for a long weekend, Sailing in Ireland with the parents for another long weekend, to colombia with work and then to Nevada and California for a 10 day trip for my wedding anniversary. So only one of those was a really long expensive trip. The others were short, taking budget airlines and staying in small local hotels.

I was probably by most peoples standards incredibly spoit as a child (averaging around 3 holidays a year) - but then again lots of our holidays were camping in France which isn't wildly more expensive than going to say butlins in the UK or based around where my dad was working at the time. I think depending weather your spoilt or not depends on your point of view - I didn't particually feel that spoit as a child as most of my other friends went on a similar number of holidays and it wasn't like I screamed and shouted about wanting to go to Disney and then got taken...

Plus I fully intend to still go on holiday with my children if i have any and I don't see it as particually spoiling them - more a normal part of life. But then I also dont' intend on having any children if I cant' afford to take them on holiday - which maybe is a spoilt perspective but I'm not prepared to sacrifice my current standard of living to bring children into an already over populated planet....
    England
    Ireland
    France
    Spain
    Greece / Greek Islands
    Eygpt
    Cyprus
    Singapore
    Australia
    Thailand

You know, I think I'd much rather live in Australia than the UK. S.E Asia is just lovely :)
    Ghana
    Malta
    France
    Germany
    Spain
    ....Isle of Man? Does that count?
    UK (that one doesn't count either, right?)

I feel so under-travelled!
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I was probably by most peoples standards incredibly spoit as a child (averaging around 3 holidays a year) - but then again lots of our holidays were camping in France which isn't wildly more expensive than going to say butlins in the UK or based around where my dad was working at the time. I think depending weather your spoilt or not depends on your point of view - I didn't particually feel that spoit as a child as most of my other friends went on a similar number of holidays and it wasn't like I screamed and shouted about wanting to go to Disney and then got taken...

Plus I fully intend to still go on holiday with my children if i have any and I don't see it as particually spoiling them - more a normal part of life. But then I also dont' intend on having any children if I cant' afford to take them on holiday - which maybe is a spoilt perspective but I'm not prepared to sacrifice my current standard of living to bring children into an already over populated planet....

Thing is, I don't think taking your kids on lots of holidays is spoiling them, it's giving them important life experiences. It's not like buying them everything they want in the shop...

I think you're really lucky to get to travel so much! I'm jealous! But when I'm older I'll do more travelling. Next on my list is China, I don't know when I'm going to go but I'm already trying to plan it out a bit. Quite nervous about going, but it should be good :). In the mean time weekends here and there go without saying, but I enjoy camping in the countryside too much to get on a plane to do it lol.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Wales
    Greece
    France
    Italy
    Spain
    Majorca
    Gran Canaria
    Cyprus
    Portugal
    Holland
    USA
    New Zealand

Will have been to Ireland by the end of this year. Can't believe I've never been to Scotland! :o
    I think people who got to travel a lot as a child ARE lucky, not necessarily spoiled (although I am jealous as we usually went to Wales and stayed in a B and B for a few days and the last one was when I was 12).

But if you travel when you are older, and pay for it yourself, I think you appreciate it a lot more. I know I do. I only really starting going away places once I was over 18 and paid for it myself, picked where I wanted to go etc.

It's worth bearing in mind that overseas holidays are often cheaper than holidaying in the UK for families nowadays. Hotels and entertainment/eating out in the UK is so expensive. The only way for a cheap break in the UK is really camping.
    Greece (obv)
    England
    France
    Austria
    Germany
    Italy
    Hungary
    Czech Republic
    Bulgaria
    Serbia
    Croatia
    Turkey
    Russia

U.S.A.

Cuba

Maldives
    Indonesia
    U.A.E.
    Qatar

Seychelles
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Wales
    Greece
    France
    Italy
    Spain
    Majorca
    Gran Canaria
    Cyprus
    Portugal
    Holland
    USA
    New Zealand

Will have been to Ireland by the end of this year. Can't believe I've never been to Scotland! :o

:o get to scotland right now:p i :heart: the scotland. I've been at least once a year since I was born. Highlands :heart:
    Europe
    France
    Germany
    Spain
    Portugal
    Belgium
    Italy
    Holland
    Austria
    Czech Republic
    Russia (it counts as Europe)
    Turkey (likewise)

Elsewhere
    Ecuador
    USA
    Canada
    Barbados
    Grenada
    Cariacou (little island in the Caribbean)

Think that's it. Might be going to Latvia in the summer and perhaps Poland too. We'll see.
    :o get to scotland right now:p i :heart: the scotland. I've been at least once a year since I was born. Highlands :heart:

I never thought of going to Scotland before. But Edinburgh is a great city, possibly favourite so far in the UK. Ive been there 5 or 6 times since September 06
    England (!)
    Wales
    Scotland

France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Belgium
    Hungary
    Sweden
    Holland
    Italy
    Austria
    Gran Canaria
    Cyprus

Namibia
    Botswana
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe

Brazil
    Argentina
    Bolivia
    Peru
    Equador

United States of America
    Canada

I've also been to airports in Panama and South Africa whilst in transit.
    france
    spain
    turkey
    greece
    bulgaria
    italy
    wales
    germany
    USA
    Canada
    Italy
    France
    UK
    Swizerland
    Spain
    Greece
    Egypt
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Been on two round the world cruises so I've got a fair few stamps in my passport. :D
    Weekender Offender