Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you think the world will end in 2012?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know where else to put this.

The Mayan Religion predicts that the world will end December 27th, 2012 A.D
the prediction was made 10k years ago, but when they say A.D its :shocking:

Also a guy named Nonstradmus or however you spell his name, that the world will end severeal years after 9/11.. With all the stuff going on, it really does look like the world could end in 2012.

I got this from some friend in his MSN personal message, I asked him about it.. but I forgot all about till a few days ago, and it kinda really scares me, sometimes its all I can think about, cause it might be true

But I also heard that they predicted 2000 A.D.. so I dunno, but its kinda scary huh?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would try not to believe it, specially if you got it in an MSN IM message!

Load of bollucks I think!
    No, not scary at all.

Negrodamus is much more acurate.
    yes.
    If some guy 10 thousand years ago said it, it must be true.
    Funny this thread has come up, I was only talking about this with a friend a couple of days ago.
    I really don't know whether to believe it or not, but I'm not scared. If it's going to happen then it's fate and there's nothing we can do about it. If it doesn't, which it most probably won't, then we carry on living our normal lives.
    Well hope not that'd only make me like 26. What a waste :no:
    hasn't the world meant to end hundreds of times before?

If that was true, tis a bit shit that i'd be 2 days short of my 23rd bday.
    well, I heard it is predicted to end tomorrow, and it's 11:54 here...

If I don't get into nirvana I want to be reborn on planet Xiac'dh'tuhs'euhf'ejhiof and be king of the peoples of hudwq'wedewf'Wfgtrh'wdscs'fewf

Already training the pronounciation.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    well, I heard it is predicted to end tomorrow, and it's 11:54 here...

If I don't get into nirvana I want to be reborn on planet Xiac'dh'tuhs'euhf'ejhiof and be king of the peoples of hudwq'wedewf'Wfgtrh'wdscs'fewf

Already training the pronounciation.

I guess we'll remember that at 11:54 tomorrow o.O
    I bloody hope not... my lifes only just got interesting :rolleyes:

Nah. Load of bollocks in my opinion.

How would you define the world 'ending' anyway?
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I bloody hope not... my lifes only just got interesting :rolleyes:

Nah. Load of bollocks in my opinion.

How would you define the world 'ending' anyway?

Expecially since it was 10k years ago

I guess a good Nuclear winter will end all life on earth.. (except cockroaches I hear)
    And Twinkies :yes:
    There's sea stuff at the bottom of the ocean that doesn't require sunlight, it gets heat from thermal vents. They should be ok.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, as far as I know the Mayans were right about everything else that has to do with the sun etc, no?
    But for all we know, the death of the 12th sun and "there are no more suns" just means they couldn't tell what happens from that point and later (or couldn't be arsed to :p).
    my_name wrote: »
    And Twinkies :yes:

Lol, yeah family guy
    I think it's crap, they just all liked to get mashed and trip their nuts off and get visions of what's gonna happen in the future.
    end in 2012? very unlikely.
    I wonder if that prediction for tommorow is true.. well in 45 mins it will be tommorow, haha :P
    my_name wrote: »
    No, not scary at all.

Negrodamus is much more acurate.

"White people like Wayne Brady because he makes Brian Gumble look like Malcome X":lol: comedy gold!

anyhow, in answer to the question, it damn well better end in 2012 otherwise I'ma have to pay off my student loans, and lets face it, that aint gonna happen on a teachers salary.
    I wonder if that prediction for tommorow is true.. well in 45 mins it will be tommorow, haha :P

Well I'm 13 hours ahead of you lot and I'm still ali... *blows up*
    Well whether it's going to end or not there's not a damn thing I can do about it so I'm not going to spend my time worrying about it.

There's a very simple problem with there being a specific date set for the world to end. With all the time differences of everywhere, you'd have thought somewhere would end the day before or after. :chin:
    I don't think the mayan religion predicted the end of the world did they? I thought it was just that their calender ends on the winter solstice of 2012.

Of course it depends on how you also interpret "the end of the world". Could it mean the end of civilisation as we know it? When Columbus came to latin America he reported back that the natives were savage and uncivilised. What is "civilisation" is debatable.

I don't know what Nostradamus predicated for the end ofthe world. Apparently he predicted 9/11, Diana's death and all sorts. But at the same time, his predictions could be applied to anything (having not read any of his texts I really don't know).
    Can't see it happening to be honest. 2012 is a bit soon, isn't it?! Although some freaky lady warned me on christmas day that the end of the world was nigh. Perhaps she was right. Meh.
    yes.
    If some guy 10 thousand years ago said it, it must be true.
    I agree, and it's what I've been planning for.
    Miffy wrote: »
    Well whether it's going to end or not there's not a damn thing I can do about it so I'm not going to spend my time worrying about it.

Sensible.
    The world is coming to an end already imo :impissed:
    Depends on which rate we are continuing to put exhaust gas into the atmosphere etc. It's unlikely that there won't be a radical change before the world ends, but it's likely - imo - that the life quality will be drastically low in 2012.
    Someone took the jewish bible thing, applied an algorithm to it to find 'JFK assasinated' in one of the lines (and bear in mind it's fairly large..) and said it predicted the future.

Also bear in mind, people have been predicting the end of the world for hundreds of years. When it didn't end in 2000, people said that it could be interpreted as within the year 2000 - 2099 the world will end. But when it doesn't, they'll just say between 2000 and 3000. It never stops!

Having said that, the fresh water supplies are already short with many places not having enough even to drink, and it's actually getting worse. World War 3 could well be a war over the remaining water. We'll have to see :)
    well i hope it doesnt end that day....its my 26th birthday!!!

I dont think it will be that day, in the Qur'an it is said that the world will end on a Friday.
    Amira wrote: »
    I dont think it will be that day, in the Qur'an it is said that the world will end on a Friday.

?

What's wrong with Fridays? I like them :( means weekend time
This discussion has been closed.