Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

save my sweater

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a sweater, it must be croched or knitted or something (I guess thats probably what most sweaters are) but I just noticed now its got a string coming off of it, can you just cut it or should I do something to save it? I don't want to unravel anymore, its cold and snowy :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a bit fiddly but tie it around another stitch and then cut off the excess. :)
    I'd pull it back through the wool from the inside.
    Glittery wrote: »
    I'd pull it back through the wool from the inside.

:yes:

DON'T cut it. If you have a big enough needle, poke it through to the wrong side and weave the excess in through the stitches on the inside. If not, just do what the lovely Glittery advises, pull it through and leave the rest hanging inside.
    Thanks yall. :D :thumb:

Washing will still be ok, right?
    my_name wrote: »
    Thanks yall. :D :thumb:

Washing will still be ok, right?

Should be fine as long as the yarn isn't severed. If it's still attached but just pulled out a bit, it's fine. You might find the yarn tail pops back through to the right side when you wash it, but all you have to do is poke it back through to the wrong side and you're good to go again.

:)