Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Carling Cup Final

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've said it before even when United have won it in the past and I'll say it again. It's the most irrelevant trophy in the UK (with the exclusion of the SPL and SFA Cup or course ;) ) and it's up for grabs on Sunday.

So who do you think will win?

For once, and only if he plays the kids, I hope that Arsenal win. Much as I hate the arrogant fucker, Wenger is the better manager and I love the way he brings kids through (if only they were English tho :mad: ), so I'd love it, just love it,[/Keegan] if they beat Chelsea...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Chelsea are going to win I reckon. It doesn't really bother me either way but I'd probably rather Chelsea won if I had to chose because alot of my mates support Arsenal (haha cruel of me, I know), Ballack plays for Chelsea and I think he's fucking quality, and Chelsea actually have some English players instead of being a French team playing in London.
    Chelsea to spank the youngsters unfortunately.
    Chelsea to win, but I want Arsenal to win. Love the way they play the game, and I rate Wenger as the best manager in the world tbh.
    Arsenal to win.

As for Chelsea bringing on English talent...:lol:
    There the 2 times I most dislike in the prem. Couldnt give a shit who wins. Its all about the FA cup this year!
    Arsenal. They know how to play, Chelsea don't.
    Kermit wrote: »

As for Chelsea bringing on English talent...:lol:

I know, but they do a better job of it than Arsenal do.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I know, but they do a better job of it than Arsenal do.

Do they? The only one I can think of is John Terry. Buying established players from West Ham doesn't count, and in any case, I'd hardly say the careers of Bridge, Parker, SWP and Johnson have taken off since they got stuck at Chelsea between such high-quality foreign stars as Asier del Horno.

Arsenal aren't great but Hoyte, Cole and Bentley are enough to be getting on with.
    Seeing as Chelsea seem to be relying on Shevchenko to get them their goals, I'm going to lump with Arsenal. That said I don't really care. I don't think it'll be a very good match.

Arsenal to win 2-1
    You know Chelsea are gonna put out more or less their first team. Arsenal won't. I won't be bothered where the trophy goes, but it would be a real fuck up for Chelsea if they lose this, and that would be funny.
    I think Chelsea will win it quite comfortably actually, although I'd like to Arsenal to do it to put the "one man team" lines to bed once and for all.
    My flatmate just text me and said "I think John Terry's dead" :confused:
    Nasty boot to the head there, we thought he was dead at first too!
    He's been booted in the face and has had an oxygen mask applied. Showing signs of conciousness though.
    Drogba's scored. Booooo.
    What a fucking game! It had everything! Feel gutted for Arsenal though.
    I swear there better be highlights on tonight, this is the last Cup Final day I'm ever working :mad:
    Why didn't Lamps and Fabregas get reds?
    Really wanted Arsenal to win, and after Drogba's second I was urging them to equalize, until Fabregas went down clutching his face after a slap to the chest, then I didn't care. Chelsea didn't deserve it, but Arsenal's petulance towards the end spoilt the game. They had 7 minutes of injury time which was totally broken up because of their fighting. Chelsea would have loved a quick breather like that with their backs against the wall.
    Best football game I have seen in a long time, I thought chelsea played really well and played alot better than arsenal.

Brilliant game? any news on Terry atm?
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Best football game I have seen in a long time, I thought chelsea played really well and played alot better than arsenal.

Brilliant game? any news on Terry atm?

It was a brilliant game but what game were you watching?
    The Young Gunners had Chelski on the ropes for most of the first half.
    Chelski only played well in the second half and even that was debatable.

They'd be up the creek without a paddle without Didier Drogba, Big Time.

I haven't heard owt about Terry at the moment. I hope he's alright. He's a bloody Lionheart. True England Captain Material.
    First off I admit, I don't know alot about football, don't follow it often,

Arsenal seem to have the advantage in the first but chelsea clawed back in the second. in the end they won, so they must have played better,
    No they didn't play better than than Arsenal.
    They just had someone of quality by the name of Didier Drogba who put away his chances. Great header of his for the winner though. First real defensive mistake Senderos made and it cost them big time.
    Apparantely, Terry was out of hospital at 6pm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6395301.stm