Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

scabs on face!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been stupid and picked what were tiny spots on my forehead and now they are full blown scabs! :banghead:

I need something that helps scabs heal quick cause i have interviews next week and this is not gonna help my confidence!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have neosporin there? I'll put neosporin on and then a bandaid before bed, it helps to heal it and also keeps the skin soft and not all crispy and gross.
    Sudocrem, lots and lots of. And Wheat Germ Oil. You can get it in the Body Shop (my sister got me some for my spots).

And if you're feeling extravagant, Bio Oil to stop it scarring :yes:.
    Sods law. I had two interviews this week and grew a monster spot for the occasion. :rolleyes:

Can't really think of anything useful to suggest really, sorry.

Just don't let it knock your confidence; forget about it and smile. They'll be looking at you, not the spot/scab, honest.
    I saw the doc about a spot on my face that I was worried was going to scar and they gave me an antibiotic cream for it. It's gone and didn't scar (I scar easily), if the other suggestions don't work, might be worth asking your doc for some cream.
    That works too :yes:.

Antibiotic cream :heart:.
    Hi,

I'd suggest gently cleaning your scabs first as when you picked spots on your forehead, bacteria and infections can get into your skin. Scabs are formed to protect and allow your skin to heal, so try not to pick them off by scratching them, as such will take longer for your skin to repair and could leave a scar. It may worth speaking to your local chemist to see if they can recommend anything that might reduce the irritation and allow quicker healing. Don't worry too much for your interviews, the interviewers will look at you as a whole person, the spot on your face won't affect the impression they have of you. If it will make you feel more comfortable, you could try to put some make-up such as concealer. Good luck with your interviews!