Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

She thinks i'm a liar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got to know this really wonderful girl over the last 6 months and i thought there was a real chance of a relationship, she's been through a lot recently and i've been helping her financially as she was unable to work.

The problem is i asked her out some time ago and she said that she needed to think about it and a couple of months later she sent me a txt saying that she can't because she thinks i lie through my teeth.

I've never lied to her at all and haven't got a clue where she gets this from but she seems really reluctant to talk to me, i'm a really honest guy and i just can't think of a way to show her that.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you really have been honest with you it could just be her way of trying to cut you out of her life, so she doesn't have to pay you back the money you loaned her when she couldn't work. Or did you give ehr the money?

In any case, doesn't sound like she's interested in you and is just looking for petty excuses.
    women are manipulative creatures.

As are men.
    women are manipulative creatures,.

What is your malfunction?
    Johnny 5 is alive?

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinput!
    women are manipulative creatures

You really do have some serious issues, mate.

That said, if she thinks you're a liar you have to think about what you are trying to prove by "winning her". Is she worth it? I personally wouldn't bother moving hell and high water for someone who thinks that.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't bother moving hell and high water for someone who thinks that.

:yes:

If you really havn't given her any reason to think you're dishonest then fuck her. Do better.
    Weekender Offender 
    I thought matts attitude to women was changing aswell....oh well, i won't hold my breath in the future.
    Anyway - don't bother with her. It's not worth it
    You should never have to prove yourself to somebody... A sound person will take you as you are.
    haha, ok not all women, most women just need a good spanking

thats sure told us then
    *waits for thread to asplode*
    Its hard to say anything positive for your situation mate. Can you say what she has been through?

You were waiting months for her reply? I'd back off and not worry what she thinks.

Maybe best to avoid all contact with her and wouldn't provide her with any more money. If she can't be arsed to give you details about why she thinks that about you then I'd leave her well alone. She got money off you and might be trying to milk some more without having to be in a relationship with you.

Hope you get over her and find someone nice!
    haha, ok not all women, most women just need a good spanking, but there's a lot of freak ho's out there.

Any guy who wants to keep his balls should always make sure the girl he is handing over his cash to is not a freak first. Some don't emerge from the woodwork till late.

That goes for anything, as a rule I try not to give the benefit of the doubt(even though it's always in my nature to), especially if she hasn't done anything to earn my trust yet.

No, most women don't need a good spanking.

Although discipline can be fun in the right situation. ;)
    Regardless of anything else, if you asked her out and she needed a couple of months to think about it.... well let's just say that doesn't sound encouraging, even before she branded you a liar.
    It sounds to me as you've been used and if shes able to do this then she aint worth bothering about
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I thought matts attitude to women was changing aswell

So did I :( Matt, the biggest problem with making sexist comments is you actually draw the attention away from the OP to yourself - that's as good a reason as any to stop being sexist tbh.
    If someone thinks i'm sexist tough shit, i'm only giving my opinion. It doesn't make me a bad person.

Yes, it does make you a bad person.
    Good spanking sounds like the perfect solution.
    I just find it funny that the comment "women are manipulative creatures" comes from a bloke who spends half his life on the internet planning the next 'move' in his relationship.
    Maybe to anti social depressants who make a big deal out of everything, but in real life people like me.

Who exactly is that aimed at? And "real life"? Are we not real people then?
    i'm not a judgemental person, I take value of people on their actions, but that's ironic for you to say isn't it?

Ironic? How so? You want to explain that a little better?
    I apologise for being controversial in someone's thread again. It just amazes me how controversial such small things can be made around this board.

Personally, I don't consider sweeping statements about how women are manipulative creatures or how most need a good spanking to be small things, but then again it isn't really all that controversial to me, its what I've come to expect from your posts.
    Ok, it seems everyone has made their point on what they think about MattLiverpool, does it really matter at the end of the day?
    "oh noes someone said i'm a bad person because i made a sexist comment - i'd better go and rethink my whole life!"
    I think some people on here take peoples posts a little too seriously sometimes! I've also noticed that certain people seem to get jumped on for no good reason, i can bet that if someone other than MattLiverpool made the spanking comment there wouldnt have even been a problem and it would have been taken as a joke as i assume it was originally meant anyway.
    So...back to the op, I'd just leave things mate, she sounds like a user who was just after a quick buck. cut your losses and try to move on
    but tbh - he has displayed a rather sexist attitude before in the past. Though i thought it was getting past it.
    To be fair matt - you ought to think a bit more carefully before you make comments like that. They were quite sexist.
    I'm not really one to care if they are or not. I change my mind that often anyway.

It doesn't matter if you care or not - you should just think more carefully before you post something that will probably cause offence. Good manners an all....
    Guys can we please focus on the topic at hand,you have said your opinions and it would be good if we could move on. Thank you!
    The more attention you girls provide him the longer he'll act and say the same old shit. Let him grow up in his own time and allow the OP query to be addressed.
    As for the OP, I really do feel for you mate, but you need to sit back and realise what a silly twat this girl is being. I know its hard to see the bad in people when you're in the deepest throes of a crush, but she sounds like a nasty piece of work. Unless you're lying to us, and you're more of a fibber than Walter Mitty, there's no need for what she said, and you should just leave her to wallow in her own little puddle of cynical misery.

She takes months to decide, she won't talk to you, and she brands you a liar? I hate to be blunt but you need to pull your head out of your arse and acknowledge that she doesn't give a shit about you. It hurts, yes, but not as much in persisting in chasing after someone who doesn't want you and doesn't even have the grace to say no diplomatically.
    Miffy wrote: »
    Regardless of anything else, if you asked her out and she needed a couple of months to think about it.... well let's just say that doesn't sound encouraging, even before she branded you a liar.

My thoughts exactly.
    Guys i already told you to stop, the more you post the more your posts will be deleted, can we let this go and focus on the OP.If this continues further there will be a proper warning.
    Why on earth does she think you're a liar? In my limited experience, this usually happens because a) you have lied and been caught or b) someone has been spreading rubbish about you or something. It's seldom a conclusion someone will come to themselves unless they have series trust issues.

I don't think you owe her any money, it's a shame she thinks that of you, and I think really you shouldn't be bailing her out. Surely she's got family to help her out? How rich, to someone who's helping you out in at tricky situation to say 'you lie through your teeth'. No respect. If she thought badly of you, why accept the money? Or, and I hate to say it, but was she out for what she could get? That's pure speculation though, but if she played the sympathy card once too often, then you coughed up the cash she needed, then you want to see her and she thinks you're a liar, maybe she's just playing you? But, I can't say one way or the other,I just think it's suspicious she thinks you're untrustworthy but is letting you pay her bills etc.

In my opinion anyone who says to me I lie through my teeth is obviously not very respectful of me, and I wouldn't want a relatinoship with someone like that.
    I don't think mattliverpool said anything that justified a warning. Him saying that women are manipulative creatures is no different to me saying that men are bastards. I think women can be very manipulative, its just daft that he said that because as IWS says, he analyses and tries to manipulate everything about his relationship.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I don't think mattliverpool said anything that justified a warning. Him saying that women are manipulative creatures is no different to me saying that men are bastards.

I agree.

And lets face it, a lot of women are :lol: