Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Incapacity...

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    Whts' that supposed to mean?:confused:

one guess.
    This one:

That's an explanation of her reasoning, not a question.
    That's an explanation of her reasoning, not a question.

Fair enough, it was a rhetorical question and it didn't need an answer, but I was just explaining how I saw it. There was no need for her to fly off the rails.
    If your DLA claim goes through okay then you can get a card that allows you to get 2-for-1 tickets at the cinema: http://www.ceacard.co.uk/
    Aw that's wicked. I always go to the cinema with my mum and she usually pays, so that's awesome!! Thanks!
    do you have an NUS card? You get loads of discounts with them.
    No I don't... I have a student ID card which usually gets me the student discount that you can get with an NUS card though...
    I claim Incapacity Benefit. Have done for almost 6 years. Was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 15 so havent ever really had the health to hold down school (i had to leave in my final year), college (had to leave their briefly too) or uni aswell as a job.

I will move into work one day....but i dont think theres anythign wrong with taking help from the state if you can get it. Id much rather see other people in my own situation gettin the help as opposed tothe benefit cheaters who scam the system.
    No I don't... I have a student ID card which usually gets me the student discount that you can get with an NUS card though...

So do I, and noone seems to check the date on it :D
    Chances are that you are not entitled. Two years ago, I was unemployed and made a claim for Incapacity Benefit. I was turned down on the grounds I had made insufficient National Insurance contributions. I suspect the same would apply to you. Your being in full-time education disqualifies you from receiving considerable numbers of benefits.
    If you don't qualify for IB, you will get IS.