Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girl, Interrupted

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is anyone watching it tonight at 11.50pm on channel 4?

I am (even though I have the DVD)!

Best film ever tbh :thumb: :hyper:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm well watching this. Awesome film. :thumb:
    yeeeah im gonna watch it too even though iv watched it a million times on DVD.

awesome i love it!
    I don't even know how many times I've watched it :|
    I dunno about BEST film ever. I mean nothing can really top Three Amigos or Fear&Loathing, mate. :razz:

But it'll get passed by as I'm working tomorrow for a 12 hour shift and will need beauty rest since I've had about 4 hours sleep in 2 days.

It IS a good film, though. :yes:
    i've been watching it, cba now so going to bed
    Whats it about? I take it you would reccomend it though, eh :p
    I wanted to see this, I must get the DVD out. When is the film set?
    I finished the book recently. Started watching it then my boyfriend said he was too tired. BAHHH

Gonna buy it on play.com I think
    I have never seen it. Mabye it should be on my to watch list
    got it on dvd the other week, my fella was like "is it a girly girly film?"

bless x
    Watched it once and I found it to be a load of depressing shite. Probably will watch it though cos fuck all else be's on TV at that time.
    It's not a patch on the book, but its an alright film. I wouldn't say it was the best ever, but its reasonably well done.

I was reading the book a couple of weeks ago, and I just found it incredibly whingey and self-centred. I've put that part of my life behind me, I just find the self-absorption of Keysen a bit pathetic now.
    i saw the film when it was first released and thought it were absolute shite, might give it another go tho, but doubt it this time as its past my bed time.
    And it was on last night, not tonight :p.
    Franki - who said it was on tonight?

Kermit - I've never read the book. I'd like to though but I've not seen it anywhere :(

Steph - I loved that quote too. When I first watched this film, I suppose you could say I was very unhappy. I could relate to some of the issues in it. I just loved it. Even though I'm really happy now though, I still love the film. I think its brilliantly done. Other quotes I liked were..."Razors pain ya, Rivers are damp, Acids sting ya, Drugs cause cramp,Guns aren't lawful, Nooses give,Gas smells awful, You might as well live." Oh dear.

Another one I was obsessed with was this "Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."
    Franki - who said it was on tonight?

A couple of people have said "I might watch it" since this morning :p.
    I thought You were talking about the poster.
    Kermit - I've never read the book. I'd like to though but I've not seen it anywhere :(

It's on Amazon, although I got my copy from Barter Books in Alnwick.

It's worth a read, but the whole thing is as whingey as Prozac Nation, although the author isn't as hateful as Wurtzel. It meant something when I read it when I was 19, after being told by a NHS mental health consultant that I was probably Borderline, but it just irritates me now I'm a lot better.
    Kermit wrote: »
    It's not a patch on the book, but its an alright film. I wouldn't say it was the best ever, but its reasonably well done.

I was reading the book a couple of weeks ago, and I just found it incredibly whingey and self-centred. I've put that part of my life behind me, I just find the self-absorption of Keysen a bit pathetic now.

Yeah I read it recently and it wasn't particularly mind-blowing. Just started reading Sylvia Plath's The Bell-Jar because they get compared quite frequently.