Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eggs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to try my hand at cooking tonight and I was wondering, if a recipe calls for eggs, can you use just egg whites with no problem? Or are egg beaters better to use?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does it say "add two eggs", or "add 2 egg whites"? As in, do you need the whole egg or just part of it?

And what are egg beaters? :confused:
    It just says use 1 egg... so I guess a whole.

My bad, egg beaters are like egg whites in a juice cartin :phttp://www.eggbeaters.com/index.jsp
    Yep, just use the whole egg. Not the shell, mind :p

Eggwhites in a carton? Eeeeurrghh! :sour: What's wrong with them being kept in an eggshell? No, just no! God American cooking looks lazy!
    I know but I don't have one of those egg seperaters and I want to be healthy :p

Don't hate the lazy ;)
    Wtf is an egg separater?
    If you want to separate a white from the yolk, get a small dish and then crack the egg, but don't pour it all in, kind of tip it from one half of the shell to the other and back again until all the white is in the bowl and the yolk is still in the shell :)

ETA: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/ck_dm_dairy/article/0,1904,FOOD_18998_1727097,00.html
    But this is much lazier ;)
    You are so lazy! :p
    Did your dinner go well?
    I dont know, I havn't bothered making it yet. I guess I could start... :nervous:

ETA: Not very well, I messed up the layers cuz I'm making lasagna and now Its just going to have a really cheesy middle and saucy all the resy :p
    Egg seperators? Eggs in a carton?

I'm in shock. I want to live in America now though... (god, just ANOTHER reason I could be lazy...I :heart: it.)
    Uhm, I hate to break it to you but egg whites in a carton/container have been in the UK for AGES.

At the moment the only people I know who use them are fellow bodybuilders, and I'm sure you can understand why!
    Uhm, I hate to break it to you but egg whites in a carton/container have been in the UK for AGES.

:yes: As have egg seperators. My mums had one for as much of my life as I can remember.
    "Egg Beaters taste like real eggs because they are real eggs" :lol:
    eggs in a carton... mad. never seen them, but then I suppose I've never looked.

would suck if you woke up hungover one morning and poured egg whites on your wheetabix instead of milk :p