Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Parafin bath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I found one of those parafin hand bath things (hopefully the mans other girlfriend accidently left it over and he doesn't actually own one :p) But it already has the wax but doesn't have any instructions.

So anybody used one? Anybody help? Whats the point of it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    never heard of it!
    Ah..love the stuff. Its pretty hot when you first put in on but once its dried its great fun! Takes me back to the schooldays of covering your hands in pva glue and picking it off :D

I think the point is to exfoliate the skin, it basically just makes your hands feel softer really.

ETA: Heat up the wax so it melts, let it cool slightly so you dont end up needing skin grafts then once its cool enough to handle, brush it onto your hands (all over - probably best to get someone else to do it) and let it set/cool, then peel off
    weird!
    fun! :yippe:
    icey wrote: »
    Ah..love the stuff. Its pretty hot when you first put in on but once its dried its great fun! Takes me back to the schooldays of covering your hands in pva glue and picking it off :D

I think the point is to exfoliate the skin, it basically just makes your hands feel softer really.

ETA: Heat up the wax so it melts, let it cool slightly so you dont end up needing skin grafts then once its cool enough to handle, brush it onto your hands (all over - probably best to get someone else to do it) and let it set/cool, then peel off

Indeedy :yes:

I love paraffin wax I do.