Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sony Ericsson K750i

Is this phone any good? I'm looking to get a new phone and am looking at getting this if it's any good.

I had a play around with it on Saturday and it looks really complicated to use, is it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if it's anything like the k700i I would recommend it :yes:

it's lasted a few years now I think, still holds its charge for days. not had any problems with the menu stick thingie either.
    Yep, it's a great phone, it's the successor of the k700i but as such shares alot of similarities, just more memory, better camera, refined interface.

even though the k750i has been superseded by the k800i, the k750i is still a superb phone
    Replicant wrote: »
    if it's anything like the k700i I would recommend it :yes:

I'm sure I read online somewhere that the K700i was crap...
    Get a k810 when it comes out (I don't think it's out yet) and tell me if it's any good :D
    Sofie wrote: »
    I'm sure I read online somewhere that the K700i was crap...

yeah, I think there have been problems with it, like the stick thing stopping working. and the camera is useless in anything badly lit, but I've not had any trouble with it breaking. (except when I took it in the sea in my board shorts :p )

so mine's been fine :)
    The k750i is amazin!! And it's only 90 quid, you cannot go wrong with it, it's a crackin' phone! :)
  • Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Jazza wrote: »
    Get a k810 when it comes out (I don't think it's out yet) and tell me if it's any good :D

As far as I know, it is out, but hasn't been picked up by any of our networks yet. The difference between that and the K800i are mostly cosmetic (the K810 has round silver buttons and comes in that piano black colour that seems to be in nowadays).

I had a K750i for a couple of weeks at the end of last year. Very nice phone. The K800i is much better and will probably be my next phone, but is a little bigger.
    Yeh I have to agree I have one and its really good. Only thing I need now is a larger memory card
    I thoroughly recommend the k750i to you it is a fantastic phone and is most definitely NOT complicated. Sony Phone's are very easy to use. The only downside which people talk about is the issue regarding dirt getting under the joystick. It's something I'm currently suffering from and is a pain in the arse but otherwise it is a sound phone.

It's really not a complicated phone at all.

and I'd be willing to bet that were you to buy one and become accustom to a SE phone you wouldn't want to go back to another make :p
    Theres a W810i for sale at phones for you on PAYG for £120 here...
    That said though, i had a k700i and thought it was a fantastic phone. Only problem i had was that it fell out of my pocket and got twocked all too easily.
    The W810 & k750i are very similar as are almost all SE phones, IE the software they use. The main difference being the 810 is an mp3 player phone whereas the 750i is more orientated at camera/music and doesnt have the mp3 player softare like the w810.

Sounds confusing, it aint ;)
    edn1 wrote: »
    I thoroughly recommend the k750i to you it is a fantastic phone and is most definitely NOT complicated. Sony Phone's are very easy to use. The only downside which people talk about is the issue regarding dirt getting under the joystick. It's something I'm currently suffering from and is a pain in the arse but otherwise it is a sound phone.

It's really not a complicated phone at all.

and I'd be willing to bet that were you to buy one and become accustom to a SE phone you wouldn't want to go back to another make :p

Is there an easy way of cleaning the dirt from under the joystick?

I did think it was complicated to use, but then again, I'm only used to using motorolas and nokias. (I have had a Sony before I think)
    Sofie wrote: »
    Is there an easy way of cleaning the dirt from under the joystick?

I did think it was complicated to use, but then again, I'm only used to using Motorola's and Nokia's. (I have had a Sony before I think)

Yes the best way is to buy a can of compressed air and that will clean under the joystick, though i haven't tried it personally so can't comment on how good it works, or not.

You will find the SE a huge step up from the Motorola's and Nokia's. Much as Nokia's are easy to use SE are just better.
    edn1 wrote: »

You will find the SE a huge step up from the Motorola's and Nokia's. Much as Nokia's are easy to use SE are just better.

Agreed, sony ericsson's software is second to none, I think my next phone will either be the apple iPhone or LG Prada (Goofy name =/) purely cos of the touchscreen :)
    I'm getting the W810i tomorrow! I'm so excited! :D 120quid is a steal, mate.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    1983 wrote: »
    I'm getting the W810i tomorrow! I'm so excited! :D 120quid is a steal, mate.

Is a good phone although there has been some interface problems. The only bonus with it is the headphones you get with it, if i was going to get an SE phone i would go for the K800i fo sho'
    smitherz wrote: »
    Is a good phone although there has been some interface problems. The only bonus with it is the headphones you get with it, if i was going to get an SE phone i would go for the K800i fo sho'

Any SE handset I've had has always been a bit laggy or switched itself off, I can handle it! I can't wait - I know I said this already but I really fucking can't! Ha.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    1983 wrote: »
    Any SE handset I've had has always been a bit laggy or switched itself off, I can handle it! I can't wait - I know I said this already but I really fucking can't! Ha.

I could do with a new phone, i was looking at that one but i think im swaying towards the K800i. Either way there both good phones, the W810i is particularly good if its your replacement to an MP3 player
    Personally I'm waiting to have the cash to buy the k800i. Was going to get the K810i but it's not worth waiting for seeing as how it's all just a cosmetic change no new features or anything.

Like the W810i, recommended it to a few old workmates who went and bought it they are all happy with it, certainly if you've got the cash to spend then going for the w810 over the 750i is no bad thing.

Noog, much as there might be something else out through anytime in the future, mostly im talking about the touch screen idea which i love i just can't not have a SE i love them too much. I couldnt recommend another manufacturer more than i could SE both personally and professionally.