Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men wearing Jewellery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you guys think about men wearing things like rings, ear rings, bracelets and neck chains?

Was is hot and what's NOT?

Comments

• Options
    hot - plain band silver rings, natural coloured bead necklaces or medium sized silver chains. plain ball or spike body jewellery. wristbands, watches and low-key bracelets.

not - bling bling, diamonds, anything yellow-gold, earrings, those awful argos sovereign rings.
  • Options
    Yaaaaar..I like some jewellery, like those wee thin silver chain thingies. And the odd silver ring. Yum. :yum:
  • Options
    No jewellery please.
    If they absolutely have to, then I'd rather they kept it down to a necklace (NOT thick 14 karat gold :mad:).

Rings, earrings, and piercings are such a turn off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Rings and piercings are such a turn off.

:eek: In you own opinion Missy :p
    Personally, I LOVE guys that wear a lil bit of jewellery.. Like the odd (skaterish) bead necklace or sweat band... I love piercings on guys too :D Mmmm Lip pierced ;)

Ilora x
  • Options
    I detest guys wearing thick chains. Or any chain at all. Especially gold ones. Just no. If you're a guy wearing a chain, take it off. Now. NOW dammit! :crazyeyes

Urm... *cough*

I don't think earrings look very good. At all. :no:

Other than that I don't mind what jewellery guys wear.

I love eyebrow piercings. Mmm. :naughty:
  • Options
    A nice watch is all I ever need. I'd never want to be one of those men who wears too much jewellery or too much aftershave. You look like you're trying to hide something or compensate for something.
  • Options
    Aww but i like blokes who wear jewellery.

Especially those thick chains :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    hot - plain band silver rings, natural coloured bead necklaces or medium sized silver chains. plain ball or spike body jewellery. wristbands, watches and low-key bracelets.

not - bling bling, diamonds, anything yellow-gold, earrings, those awful argos sovereign rings.

My sentiments exactly. :yes: I hate gold.

Some piercings can be sexy. My god tongue piercings are sexy, if the guy can kiss well.
  • Options
    I wear a silver band ring on my middle finger. And thats it. Unless i get a piercing. I fucking hate gold!

:mad:
  • Options
    Plain silver rings are nice on blokes, especially if thay have slight tan :yum: Only one though...

As for anything else, small beady necklaces can look quite nice with the right outfit - like a tshirt, baggy trousers and sweat band kinda thing.

I dont really like braclets on guys, a sweat band or somethings cool though :thumb:
  • Options
    I would definitely go for the bracelets, the thing really shows if it is made up of pure gold though some people have a fascination of wearing them which are made of bright metals. Gold jewellery have their aristrocacy anyways so I wont compare anything with that. The chains are also one of my favorites but at present am wearing a gold bracelet.
  • Options
    My mum never told me to trust a man wearing one of those clonky bracelets..........So true.

Err... I think jewellary on men looks shite really.
  • Options
    Meh never had a piercing in my life.

Used to have a mini hurling stick necklace though which I lost. Not big into jewellery.
  • Options
    This thread is over 3 years old...

Although, I don't mind jewellery on men, as long as it's not superobvious or fancy. Don't like earrings though, and bracelets are a bit iffy as well, just depends on the guy and what looks good though tbh.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    This thread is over 3 years old...

Oh fuck and I missed the blatant spamming too! :o
  • Options
    I think a silver ring on a man's tanned hand looks really nice. I hate all other jewellery though. I hate those wooden necklaces the most :yuck:
  • Options
    The only bit of jewellry I have is a black bar through my eyebrow.
    I used to wear a ring, a chain necklace and a sweat band but I can't be fucked anymore, kind of grew out of that look.
  • Options
    My boyfriend just wears a watch, and tbh that's enough.

My dad was given a ring by his dad, it's silver and has like a belt buckle, and I quite like that because it's sentimental.

Anything else I'm not overly keen on, like piercings and bling.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Oh fuck and I missed the blatant spamming too! :o
    I didn't, but I thought I'd give you a chance ;).
  • Options
    just a watch please!
  • Options
    I only wear a watch.

When I was a bit younger I used to wear a beaded necklace when they used to be acceptable! I had a silver chain at one stage too :o . I'll excuse it due to the fact I was 16.
  • Options
    Urgh, how old is this thread. 4 years ago a silver chain acceptable, now? You must be having a giraffe, mate. I'll just backhand you.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Urgh, how old is this thread. 4 years ago a silver chain acceptable, now? You must be having a giraffe, mate. I'll just backhand you.
    Oi! I sometimes wear a silver chain! I used to wear a crucifix as well which was quite sentimental.

The only essential piece I wear is my watch and tbh, it isn't jewellery unless it's solid gold with diamonds etc.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I wear a silver Tag watch, a medium weighted silver chain and sometimes a silver ring.

Used to wear an earing, till I realised it was naff. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I wear a silver Tag watch, a medium weighted silver chain and sometimes a silver ring.

Used to wear an earing, till I realised it was naff. :D

For some reason, I imagine you looking like DJ Slipmatt, but alot younger! :D
  • Options
    I stand by my original comments made in 2003, i like bling :D

Only silver though. No gold. I got enough gold going on, we'd clash.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I stand by my original comments made in 2003, i like bling :D

Only silver though. No gold. I got enough gold going on, we'd clash.

Not a fan of bling, espescially gold.
    I'm happy with my eyebrow piercing (although I think it's starting to grow out :( ) and I might get myself another ring from Topman or something...
  • Options
    Jazza wrote: »
    Oi! I sometimes wear a silver chain! I used to wear a crucifix as well which was quite sentimental.

The only essential piece I wear is my watch and tbh, it isn't jewellery unless it's solid gold with diamonds etc.

You're young and wee. I still think you'll find yer style. :razz:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Not a fan of bling, espescially gold.
    I'm happy with my eyebrow piercing (although I think it's starting to grow out :( ) and I might get myself another ring from Topman or something...

Lol good thing you ain't trying to get on me then innit :p

I don't like it OTT, but some is good.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Lol good thing you ain't trying to get on me then innit :p

I don't like it OTT, but some is good.

I don't mind a little bit, my ex used to wear some gold. It's when you get the well chavvy pikey looking girls coming in with huge fucking gold hoops and shit loads of ridiculous looking fake gold crap all over them and a high greasy ponytail. Urgh.