Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Emma Bunton

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Hey, I want my eyes like Emma Bunton had hers in the Downtown video for Children in Need. Help me please. I dont want to look like a member of Kiss!! How should I go about it?

this is a piccie

http://www.emmabuntonofficial.co.uk/Emma/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The link just goes to her website, which picture was it in particular?
    (Not that I'll be any help, I just want to see the picture!)
    Emma Bunton is hot...

Lol sorry I don't really have an answer yo your question.
    Black liquid eyeliner and flick it out past the end of the lashes (towards the ear :p)
    Like this Emma?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    The link just goes to her website, which picture was it in particular?
    (Not that I'll be any help, I just want to see the picture!)

Its not the same one :( but it will do hehe!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/Emmabunton_album_lifeinmono.jpg
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Like this Emma?

Yes well done you :)
    Bunnie wrote: »
    She looks like really bizarre on that pic, and really uncomfortable
    Dinted wrote: »

She looks REALLY airbrushed on that picture. Ridiculously so.
    briggi wrote: »

Thats the look I am going for...take a few feet off my hips, give me good cheek bones :p
    Dinted wrote: »

Lol, not a good picture of her at all!
    She kinda reminds me of Gollum.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

:yes: I actually think she looks more like Ms Halliwell in her mega skinny days than herself there. Sorry Bunnie nothing helpful to add about the make-up - but I think you could easily pull it off. :)
    **Helen** wrote: »
    :yes: I actually think she looks more like Ms Halliwell in her mega skinny days than herself there. Sorry Bunnie nothing helpful to add about the make-up - but I think you could easily pull it off. :)

:flirt: Thank you sausage!
    :D

As for the eye make-up, I'd use a black liquid liner on the top eyelid, black kohl on the outer two thirds of the bottom of the eye and get a charcoal eyeshadow to fill in the rest as much as you please as it's a lot easier to work with and less fiddly. Though to get that kind of look pretty much anyone would need falsh lashes, too, and shitloads of mascara. Basically just trial and error that stands between sexy, smokey 60s eyes and panda-chic :razz:

As for the eye make-up, I'd use a black liquid liner on the top eyelid, black kohl on the outer two thirds of the bottom of the eye and get a charcoal eyeshadow to fill in the rest as much as you please as it's a lot easier to work with and less fiddly. Though to get that kind of look pretty much anyone would need falsh lashes, too, and shitloads of mascara. Basically just trial and error that stands between sexy, smokey 60s eyes and panda-chic :razz:
    That's it :D

yeah its panda/kiss chic im not really going for. I suppose I could experiment. False eyelashes I hadnt thought of, they seem rather fiddly, I might just get the individual ones from the beauticians...Im due a pamper!! :D Cheers big ears
    A strip of falsies is much easier than the individual ones, honest! I haven't used them in a while but I used "Cosmo" (yes, as in the magazine) ones a few times and they were self-adhesive and an absolute piece of cake. I used to draw a line along the top of my lashes with liquid eyeliner as a guide, wait for it to dry, whack 'em on and then go over it again. Easy peasy :thumb:

Experiment! Sure you'll look fab :flirt:
    A strip of falsies is much easier than the individual ones, honest! I haven't used them in a while but I used "Cosmo" (yes, as in the magazine) ones a few times and they were self-adhesive and an absolute piece of cake. I used to draw a line along the top of my lashes with liquid eyeliner as a guide, wait for it to dry, whack 'em on and then go over it again. Easy peasy :thumb:

Experiment! Sure you'll look fab :flirt:

Thank you very much my dear...Im planning this look for my next proper night out, whenever that may be. But seeing as these buggering exams will be over hopefully soon. So I shall let you know how it goes soon enough. :)
    Don't do it bunnie! You are better than that. Racoons aren't sexy and they eat garbage.

I rock at helping others.
    I think she loooks pretty good in that pic actually, and I didn't think she looked awfully airbrushed either, infact, I thought they'd done quite a good job to keep it fairly natural looking. Certainly doesn't look anywhere near as hideously airbrushed as magazine models and the like. Ho hum.
    Experiment. That's all I can say.

No one can 'teach' you over the internet how to apply makeup. It's either being shown in real life or having a go yourself and messing around and see what works and what doesn't.
    Sure, there's a logical way to apply smoky eyes, but it's much better and easier if you have a go at it anyway. Get some kohl, black eyeshadow, mascara and see what you come up with.

Oh, and use proper brushes, not the crappy sponge applicators. Brushes make the makeup.
    Emma Bunton is a fine example of somebody who got better as she got older :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Emma Bunton is a fine example of somebody who got better as she got older :)

:yes:

Emma Bunton is pretty fine.
    Weekender Offender 
    she looked great in strictly come dancing.

i think it's good to experiment but i say not with the whole look 'cause chances are you won't be able to create the exact same thing again!
    I think she's grown into her looks and I admire her as she doesn't believe she needs to be mega skinny.
    Sure, there's a logical way to apply smoky eyes, but it's much better and easier if you have a go at it anyway. Get some kohl, black eyeshadow, mascara and see what you come up with.

Oh, and use proper brushes, not the crappy sponge applicators. Brushes make the makeup.

Can I just ask, is kohl just eyeliner?
    Yep, there's 2 types, Kajahl and Kohl. I'm not totally sure what the difference between them actually is (or if there's a difference at all!) but I always go for Kohl which seems to smudge really easily.
    She has never looked more fuckable than she does on the cover of her new album. That pose... *drools*
    She has never looked more fuckable than she does on the cover of her new album. That pose... *drools*

Ooh dear, look what I have started. But thanks guys for the advice, muchly appreciated! :thumb:
    Come see me with your false eyelashes and eyeliner, we'll have a bash over a cup of tea,and see what horrendous attempts we can come up with ;)
    I'm doing something similar for a devils and angels party tonight, and I agree with Briggi about the balance of Kohl and liquid. I'm using a three-tone eye shadow, too, so I've got pale greys as well as charcoal.

I do keep messing it up if I don't spend hours and concentrate really hard... But then, I'm not very good at makeup!