Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Student Union Bars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I hardly ever bother with mine because they take so long to serve you (I mean when I go for tea)... It gets to the point where it takes the piss.

Does anybody else have slow service in their bars?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yup :yes:

understaffed for the amount of customers, but not for the amount of space they have. if they had more staff they'd get in the way of each other.

there's no way you'll get fast service in any busy bar though, SU or not. given you have about 5 people trying to serve 200 or something. it's a pain, which is why you should get tanked up before you go to the SU :thumb:
    Only if there happens to be a big crowd but usually there's no complaints.
    Fuck that, I only ever go there to get drunk and the speed of the service depends on how packed the place is. Like any bar I suppose.
    Ours is fast enough, but my God, £3.40 for a pint?! That is ridiculous!!
    Ours isn't bad during the day and early evening. However, once it gets later on the club nights it's a nightmare. But with 99p drinks what do ya expect.
    capo2 wrote: »
    Ours is fast enough, but my God, £3.40 for a pint?! That is ridiculous!!

WTF!?

It's £1.50 a pint during happy hours here, 4-6pm..you can't ask for better than that.
    At clubnights it can be manic in our venue, so you have to wait a bit, but the normal bar is pretty decent the rest of the time.
    Shogun wrote: »
    WTF!?

It's £1.50 a pint during happy hours here, 4-6pm..you can't ask for better than that.

£1.60 all times here....and its for loverly carling....mmmmm

club nights are rammed to the rafters but even then its only 5-10 minutes max which aint bad in any bar.

service at other times is ok, the lunch rush is a bit of an arse but even then it aint bad.
    Nope because our union employs enough staff :p

Although, on nights where our union is rammed with 1600 people all wanting a drink, it is hard to get served straight away!!!
    We don't have a central union :crying:

During the day it's £1.60 a pint, evenings is 99p a pint. :D
    We have to put up with about a 20 minute wait to get served on a club night at mine. Its not that much of a problem though all bottles are £1.50 so you just end up buying about 30 bottles between your mates then you dont have to go to the bar again for ages after..
    Kazbo wrote: »
    During the day it's £1.60 a pint, evenings is 99p a pint. :D

And people wonder why the country has a drink problem. :chin:
    our union is immmmmense. they do 1/3 off food between 4 and 8 everyday tooo :yum:
    Our Union club is cheap, about £1.70 a pint, and theres always people you will know there, and i know people behind the bar, but the music is crap. Why the hell do they insist on playing so much cheese! At all student nights actually... Add into the fact its not a bar all the time. The club bit is only open at weekends, during the week half the space is used for the caterers the universtity has contracted its food to.

Our union pub is pretty cheap, its a bit dingy though. Only useful if you're there for lunch in my case, or starting a pub crawl.
    WTF!?

You really can't!! Ours is a serious rip-off...in fact, so's the whole student union basically!! :grump:
    Ours are putting in a coffee bar for people who just want coffee so that the slow bastards with paninis and stuff can queue.

UCL Union is a bit crap at the moment 'cos our building can only hold 300 people (that's about 1.5% of the student population).
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Fuck that, I only ever go there to get drunk and the speed of the service depends on how packed the place is. Like any bar I suppose.

Haha obviously not been to my uni bars. The one where the arts students go is Ok... But the staff are just sooooooo slow!

But saying that, I've worked in bars for 3 years so maybe I'm being harsh.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

:yes: we've a choice of two, both different atmospheres. tho' the local pub is better imo and a lot cheaper.