Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

constantly need to pee

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so its not as bad as the title suggests, but I've started to notice recently that whenever I'm out drinking, I ALWAYS seem to need to pee

It got so bad last nite that I began to time how long it was between trips

20 minutes it got to

I'd had a few beers with a meal I was having, then went to the pub and had a few more beers, bot 5 i think maybe 6, and by about halfway down the third one i just constantly needed to go.

I dunno maybe it was just the beer I was drinking, because as the night went on I moved onto jack daniels and coke, and it seemed as tho the problem went away.
but I dunnno

anyone else find this? or should i get it checked out?

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry, I think that's quite a normal thing
  • Options
    Alcohol is a diuretic which means it'll make you need to pee.
  • Options
    I always feel like I have the bladder of a toddler when I'm out on the booze, I believe it's fairly normal...well I hope it is! I suppose you have to sorta consider the amount of liquid you're sinking as well. Most of us don't sit down and get through 5/6 pints of water in a sitting during the day if you know what I mean.

I have no scientific reasoning for this I'm afraid...just giving my two pence but I share in your problem!
  • Options
    eh? wrote: »
    drinking... need to pee

You don't see the link?
    I'd had a few beers with a meal I was having, then went to the pub and had a few more beers, bot 5 i think maybe 6, and by about halfway down the third one i just constantly needed to go.

I dunno maybe it was just the beer I was drinking, because as the night went on I moved onto jack daniels and coke, and it seemed as tho the problem went away.

... and it hasn't occurred to you that the different volumes consumed wiould be relevant here?
  • Options
    I find that if I drink alcohol, that I will pee more than I would if I was just drinking water or something.
  • Options
    Yeah I need the loo a lot when I'm drinking alcohol. :yes: Very annoying.
  • Options
    Once you break the seal..!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

Yeah you GOTTA delay the first loo trip for as long as possible. Once you've gone once.... THERE'LL BE NO STOPPING YA!
  • Options
    You don't see the link?

... and it hasn't occurred to you that the different volumes consumed wiould be relevant here?

now now

no need to treat me like a toddler.

of course i Had, one other thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that everyone else around me was having the same amount to drink, yet they hardly went to the toilet.....

but its good to know that I'm not suffering alone here.

thanks to those who've reassured me.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »

haha :lol: me and my friends call it the FFP...first fatal piss. after that, you cant stop.
  • Options
    eh? wrote: »
    no need to treat me like a toddler.

Well, apply a little common sense and the picture is pretty clear. Consume more liquid, need to wee more. It's hardly rocket science, is it?
  • Options
    ok seriously, what is up with this site these days.

i've been here for a few years now, not really actively posting, but still.
    i've noticed that recently there just seems to be so many more sarcastic replies to a genuine question.

which completley goes against the whole ethos of this site.

and its beginning to really piss me off.

OF COURSE its bloody obvious that if you consume more liquid you gotta pee more, but I was concerned I might have a problem!

hence the reason why I posted on here asking if anyone else had this problem.

so forgive me if I thought that needing to piss every twenty minutes, whilst everyone else seemed to be lasting hours, seemed to be a problem.