Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you have an internet addiction?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you have an internet addiction?

I definitely do and it's dangerous, EBAY!!! I can't stop searching, biding, and buying tons of CRAP. Why do I need 12 new rings? I hardly wear rings, but I got them for 3 dollars. LOL. I need help. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Step away from the computer screen :P
  • Options
    Rings are cool
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I do. Here. :p
  • Options
    If using the internet to fill the void that depression leaves then yes, I do... If not, it's just the best way to disctract myself from useless negative thoughts... Although it's not working so well right now. :banghead:

Crawls away to sit in a corner and stare into space
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're feeling down Lu_C :(

As to the internet, I'm pretty much stuck to it at work, so looking forward to another holiday camping in the hills again
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're feeling down Lu_C

Cheers Jim.

Probably need some sleep actually.... *tares self away from computer* ;)
  • Options
    eBay is cool, but only if you have just a couple of expensive hobbies. Start to love audio equipment and motorbikes, you'll be far more picky about what you buy! :)
  • Options
    Here is addictive :yes:
  • Options
    eBay is my internet addiction too.
  • Options
    I'm on the net for hours in a day hehe. I don't bid on anything on ebay but I'm always on there looking at stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm addicted. I was getting better two years back but started uni where I had to be working assignments from early in the morning to late in the afternoons. My laptop is on at all times and I have to drag myself away from it.

Now I'm starting something new in which we aren't allowed to bring laptops to school so yay! I'm going to work on combating my addiction again. It's good timing as I've been quite bored with the net... and yet I'm here even when I have lots of other stuff to do. ;)
  • Options
    i am in remisson ;)
  • Options
    I'm currently addicted to eBay. On the search for the perfect Graduation dress, I got lucky with one off eBay for my Year 11 prom, so lets pray it happens again!

Other than that, I spend FAR too much time on here. But I have no life to neglect, so until I do, I can't really complain.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Define 'addiction' and then I shall decide :p
  • Options
    Define 'addiction' and then I shall decide :p

something that you cannot live without. spend shit loads of time doing. messes up your life when you should be off doing other things.

... **watches as everyone now ansers 'yes'**
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Then no, I wouldn't say I have an addiction. It is more of a habit. But I can stop any time I like. Oh yes I can.
  • Options
    Yes and no. I used to think I was, but I spent almost 2 weeks without it and didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Thats the no bit.

Yes, because work/tutors/important people tend to email me and I'm lost without access to my emails, as I found out in that period.
  • Options
    Then no, I wouldn't say I have an addiction. It is more of a habit. But I can stop any time I like. Oh yes I can.

you wish :p
  • Options
    I had an ebay phase for a while...got a rush out of bidding. Reckon I am slightly addicted...go through phases though!
  • Options
    I'm more worried about my wanking addiction than my net addiction.
  • Options
    I don't have an addiction, although I could go online less...

London is soooo expensive to go out and in the winter you need to be under a roof and somewhere warm, which is annoying plus nobody goes out. In the summer however... I'm always out taking photos and enjoying the sunshine!
  • Options
    I used to be mega addicted and I mean turn down offers to go out because I wouldn't want to leave the computer.

But I have got a life since then are the computer fills my spare time, first choice is to work/college/go out and if I am not doing one of those then yeah I will come on my laptop. I am trying to spend less time on it though as I was becoming a bit of an antisocial bitch.

Namaste hit the nail on the head there (what a stupid phrase) that I spend a lot more nights in front of either the telly or the laptop screen in the winter yet in the summer I will sit out with my mates, have a BBQ and a vodka and orange and just talk and enjoy the sunshine. Fucking hell I love the summer!

When I go on holiday I don't long for my laptop because I have the sun, sea and sand and a whole new place to explore. My mind is preoccupied. The only time I long for the use of my laptop is when I am bored. I do wonder what emails I have been recieving when I am away though!

So to answer the question - was but not so much now!
  • Options
    A mild addiction now, I definately love being on the internet just popping on all day long to see what's happening.

A few years ago it was a full blown addiction, I never went out, saw any of my RL friends, stayed up all night til 4/5am or later on the internet screwing myself up for college and work etc - freaky shit!!

Yerascrote- IMO, internet and wanking addictions go hand in hand! Or hand to gland, whatever... lol
  • Options
    I don't know if this means I'm addicted but I do come here just about every day as well as play my favorite game in the whole wide world, Empty Chambers. It rocks!!!:thumb:
  • Options
    I never used to go on the internet that much until I joined this site. Now I'm online for hours most days, what the hell is it with this place? lol
  • Options
    I would say i'm definately addicted to the net and i'll happily admit that here on this forum, but in real life I would deny it to most people, in fact I wouldn't discuss my guilty pleasure with workmates or family, like any true addiction I always come back for more!
  • Options
    I'd say it's more of here and other message boards to see what's happening, but yea i suppose i would have an internet addiction but that's the least of my worries atm..trying to get an essay done for tomorrow morning and only starting to type it now.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    I would say i'm definately addicted to the net and i'll happily admit that here on this forum, but in real life I would deny it to most people

Lol exactly, most of my mates would proper take the piss if they knew how much time I spend on here. In fact they'd probably laugh if they even knew I came on here at all. Silly really.
  • Options
    I am definately addicted to the internet (well maybe not addicted but it's a huge part of my life now) - I've gone for days without it before and it's the first thing I do when I get home, and I always check emails etc whenever I have the chance

Oh well :D
  • Options
    I am addicted to MySpace. ABSOLUTELY addicted. There's been an epidemic at my work, too. Haha.

Oh, and ASOS.com

I just bought this!

purtyyb6.png