Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

spelling stuff

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only done one assignment which needed spoken quotes, and that was for CA so I used Courier at the insistence of the lecturer who said that we MUST use Courier!
  • Options
    Yeah, it is the regular font for it. In Atkinson and Heritage (1985), they use Courier for all their speech, and in a lot of other CA stuff, it is the font they use. But I think you could probably use any non-proportional font. I guess best stick with what everyone else uses :)
  • Options
    Yep, I don't want to lose marks for using the wrong font! Not that I'm doing any CA at the moment, I'm still growling at my formants. I want a George Formant Grill to get rid of the damn things.
  • Options
    Formants = teh win :)

Just sent you a PM about them.
  • Options
    Formants are alright, but Articulatory and Impressionistic Phonetics with John Local is 10000 times better :D
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I like sans serif fonts for body text, though a serif for headings isn't so bad. Think they do look slightly outdated now though.

[in response to khss]

And Rachael - why do I find it so shocking for a girl to be talking about pooing? :eek:

Haha I dont know. I tell people on msn when I am going to the bog. One bloke friend doesnt like it so I keep doing it. Pruuuude
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Franki wrote: »
    Which font is that? Tbh I don't understand how they could possibly say Comic Sans was the easiest to read out of those. They were all crap :|.

It is ActivPrimary Handwriting or similar.

Basically, when I downloaded Activ Primary, it downloaded lots of different child friendly fonts, which are so much nicer than comic sans.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Haha I dont know. I tell people on msn when I am going to the bog. One bloke friend doesnt like it so I keep doing it. Pruuuude

Are you a fan of ratemypoo.com :razz:
  • Options
    It is ActivPrimary Handwriting or similar.

Basically, when I downloaded Activ Primary, it downloaded lots of different child friendly fonts, which are so much nicer than comic sans.
    Oooooh do you have interactive whiteboard stuff on your computer then :hyper:?!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Franki wrote: »
    Oooooh do you have interactive whiteboard stuff on your computer then :hyper:?!

:yes:
  • Options
    :yes:
    You are cool :D.

I want interactive whiteboard stuff on mine :(.
  • Options

I may or may not have visited that site :angel: :blush:
  • Options
    Somebody at college the other sent me and a girl in my tutor group a picture like the ones on ratemypoo.com a couple of weeks ago. It was somewhat disturbing :|.