Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

D&B fanatics, ID please?

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnB940GTtZQ

Like the first track, anybody with any idea?
Weekender Offender 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dunno but its fucking mint..

*keeps an eye on this thread*
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Good innit? :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Ive been told its by Hazard & Distorted Minds.

think the track is Drunken style [dub].
    I'm at work at the moment, I will have a listen when I get home.

I haven't heard of that Drunken style tune, but if its Hazard and Distorted Minds working together I'm guessing its going to be a wicked tune.
    Fun sounding fucking sic there.
    I've heard that tune before, dunno what it's called though or who it's originally by.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Fun sounding fucking sic there.
    I've heard that tune before, dunno what it's called though or who it's originally by.

Fun is in my opinion one of the best MC's in DnB... lyricially he is far better than any of the big names like Skibba or Shabba. He is highly underrated though.
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Fun is in my opinion one of the best MC's in DnB... lyricially he is far better than any of the big names like Skibba or Shabba. He is highly underrated though.

Yeah he is underrated and extremely talented. I agree with Fun being better than Skiba, I used to think Skibadee was awsome when I first started listening to D'n'B but now I find him a bit boring tbh.
    Shabba however lol... you may be right about Fun being lyrically better than Shabba but it's not just the lyrics that make an MC in my opinion. It's also about stage presence and what kind of impact they have on you. For me, Shabba just sounds really unique compared to other MC's and he's just got something about him that makes him fucking quality. lol

I think the same about Sharkey as a Hardcore MC aswell, he's fucking great at working the crowd.
    you may be right about Fun being lyrically better than Shabba but it's not just the lyrics that make an MC in my opinion. It's also about stage presence and what kind of impact they have on you.

Yeah, thats true...
    I think Eskman is a brilliant MC... his lyrical content is a bit crap sometimes (although sometimes good), but he sounds good and has amazing stage presents.
    I have a set with him and Simon Bassline Smith which is awesome, they were getting rewinds everywhere and you can here the crowd loving it, but its a lot to do with the way he was hyping it. (Especially seen as Bassline Smith could do with working on his mixing skills a bit more :p )
    Yeah Eksman is great, it's strange to think that not too long ago he wasn't really a big name at all and now everyone's raving about him.
    I think Fearless can work a crowd well too.

By the way, do you know the line up for Tranz-Mission yet?
    How phat was Andy C and Hype's B2B set last year? Espescially when Shabba was the MC, oh my god... lol
    By the way, do you know the line up for Tranz-Mission yet?
    How phat was Andy C and Hype's B2B set last year? Espescially when Shabba was the MC, oh my god... lol

Yeah that set was really good... although I prefer Fearless to Shabba (He opened on the set, which i'm sure you know lol)
    I dont know if you know the tune, but during the set Andy dropped a tune called Vault (VIP Remix) That was the first time I have ever heard it... Its sick when played live!

As far as I know the line up for this years one hasn't been announced yet... I would expect a similar line up as last year though lol
    Right I have listened to it..

Wouldnt have put that down as your sort of thing actually skive or icey, I didnt think you were into new DnB.
    Anyway, I dont actually know the name which is odd for me me lol
    I have heard it lots before and its def a hazard tune so drumbeat is probably right.

The second tune on that vid is Die & Clipz - Number 1 (Roni Size remix) if your interested... its a tune!

What do you think of this tune by Hazard then? Its mixed in this sample by with DJ SS - Lighter (VIP Remix) for some website... but about 1:20 into it it cuts to a sample that says "Now watch my style" and thats where the hazard tune drops in...

DJ SS - Lighter (VIP Remix) Vs Hazard - Mad Dog
    Wouldnt have put that down as your sort of thing actually skive or icey, I didnt think you were into new DnB.
    ...What do you think of this tune by Hazard then?
    Heh, yeah i can be partial to a bit of DnB occasionally. Must admit i do prefer the old tracks (Lighter, Bad ass, Terrorist, Chopper etc) but this track you've linked is pretty good! :thumb:
    Its mixed in this sample by with DJ SS - Lighter (VIP Remix)
    DJ SS - Lighter (VIP Remix) Vs Hazard - Mad Dog

DJ SS :thumb:

And that is a tune.