Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Salvia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all, I'm thinking of taking salvia as one of my mates's suggested it. I'v only ever took weed before and I'm worried as to how I'm going to react with the effects that salvia causes. I'v reasearched quite a bit on it, i.e trance like states, have a sitter and how to use it correctly.
But i would like to hear some experiances from you guys on what to expect, is it worth taking and where is the best site to get it from?

Cheers all

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was bollox when I had it, reminded me of poppers.
    Search for saliva on these boards and you'llfind a good few threads about it.

It's messed up if you get it right,no idea where you are,that sorta thing.
    I've smoked it twice. The first time I smoked it through a bong and it hit me fucking hard, I had to sit down, I was like in some fucked up black zone, couldn't see a fucking thing except like these triangular black walls around me which sort of moved and spun round.
    The second time, I smoked it through a pipe and it did fuck all except give me a really shit head rush.
    Apparantly it was just shit stuff I got the second time, there's no telling whether you're gonna get good stuff or not. It's a risk you have to take, be careful because you could end up wasting your money on some Salvia that does bugger all.
    I was thinking about growing some Salvia, I wouldn't smoke it though, could just bash out the leaves to people :D.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I find it unpredictable and not very nice to be honest.
    I've had extract which did fuck all, and another time bought some ordinary leaf which blew me box off - hence the unpredictable bit.

Load of bollocks if you asked me though glad I tried it.
    Weekender Offender 
    It's ironic that you can be arrested for posessing shrooms or acid, yet salvia and fly shrooms are readily available-legally-online. I considered trying salvia many times, but during this stage I was growing real shrooms anyway so I didn't bother. Now that I'm done with psychadelics, this is a definite "no", especially with all the dodgy sites and hit or miss effectiveness that I've heard about...

I considered growing and selling this before as well Makoto, but when you think about it there's no market for it, lol...
    It isnt to be taken lightly, this isnt a drug to use just because you want to get 'fucked up' because its too strong and will bite back.

If you are going to use it, start small and get a feel for it. That and I wouldnt buy anything other than leaf, the extracts have no quality control what so ever and seem to be very unreliable.
    Makoto wrote: »
    I was thinking about growing some Salvia, I wouldn't smoke it though, could just bash out the leaves to people :D.

You don't have to smoke it, you can chew on the leaves and get slighly less powerful effects.
    budda wrote: »
    That and I wouldnt buy anything other than leaf, the extracts have no quality control what so ever and seem to be very unreliable.

Not very many places sell the leaf though. :(
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Never come across the leaf yet. I have tried the extract stuff a few times and the quality must be poor because from what i read about the effects of salvia what i get is nothing like, so im assuming the extracted stuff is probably weak.
    smitherz wrote: »
    Never come across the leaf yet. I have tried the extract stuff a few times and the quality must be poor because from what i read about the effects of salvia what i get is nothing like, so im assuming the extracted stuff is probably weak.

The first time I smoked the extract, I had all the effects that you hear about. It was fucked up.

Second time I smoked it, I made a thread on here about it actually, it was a load of shit.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    The first time I smoked the extract, I had all the effects that you hear about. It was fucked up.

Second time I smoked it, I made a thread on here about it actually, it was a load of shit.

I think the only effect i ever had is i just felt a bit weird, something i couldn't put my finger on. Its kinda weird actually :lol: Hmmm i was expecting visuals of some sort
    smitherz wrote: »
    I think the only effect i ever had is i just felt a bit weird, something i couldn't put my finger on. Its kinda weird actually :lol: Hmmm i was expecting visuals of some sort

If you breakthrough you'll know all about it.
    TBH after Makoto's report im more interested to try DMT sounds good. Where do you get these salvia leafs?
    I've only seen the leaves on sale once, usually just extract. If you keep buying enough extract, you'll get some decent shit eventually, it just means you'll be wasting loads of cash in the process. I was really lucky that my first time worked properly.

I'm really up for trying some DXM, even if it does mean gulping down a bottle of cough medicine.
    I'd assume in any head shop or online.
    I've only seen the leaves on sale once, usually just extract. If you keep buying enough extract, you'll get some decent shit eventually, it just means you'll be wasting loads of cash in the process. I was really lucky that my first time worked properly.

I'm really up for trying some DXM, even if it does mean gulping down a bottle of cough medicine.

You have to be careful which cough medicine you take as the ones in the UK aren't like in the USA where here they contain a load of other stuff that make actually harm you.
    Shogun wrote: »
    You have to be careful which cough medicine you take as the ones in the UK aren't like in the USA where here they contain a load of other stuff that make actually harm you.

Yeah I've been doing quite a bit of research into finding the right one's.

I wouldnt, DXM is a strange and deeply unsatisfactory drug experience. I only did it in Hawaii because the place was so horrid I needed some escape. Not only is the whole process of drinking a whole bottle deeply nasty, but as Shogun has said can give you serious side effects.