Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Polysexual people

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with having as many conquests as you lie, as long as you all know where you stand.

you think so?
    Doomsday wrote: »
    you think so?
    Of course I do! If you enjoy having sex with lots of people, you both know where you stand and are happy with it and you take precuations....what could possibly be wrong with that? Taking pleasure using you bodies - it's the most natural thing in the world and we are designed to enjoy it. People need to learn that sex isn't shameful and dirty.
    :yes: I don't care if someone wants to have 5, 50 or 500 partners, so long as it's safe and consenting between the individuals. I don't know why numbers bother people so much, I have friends coming up to the age of 50 and they stopped counting a long time ago, it really isn't that important.
    hmm

quite a pleasure centred view. Animal like. I dunno, guess its case of philosophies.

On one hand I dont think sex is a bad thingand the over zealousness by say religion in the past has messed people up when it comes to sex but then again, 5000 people? Double decades before your even 20??

not sure if I can get on board with that, it just seems...empty, disresepectful, not necessary.

I dont know really.
    Well let them get on with what they're doing and don't worry yourself so much about what others choose to do in trying to contextualise it with your own life.
    but it does effects others lives.

if multiple, many multiple partners is considered normal, not even normal but expected then that could influence people and thier behaviour.

I mean teen pregnancies and STD rates through the roof.

I know we are saying doing sex safely, but do you think people that do have so many patners always do it safe and always know the score with the other person and no1 ever gets hurt?

if multiple, many multiple partners is considered normal, not even normal but expected then that could influence people and thier behaviour.

I know we are saying doing sex safely, but do you think people that do have so many patners always do it safe and always know the score with the other person and no1 ever gets hurt?

Well people I know who have lead alternative lifestyles have been very cautious about safe sex.

There's a difference between polyamoury and sleeping around, you are still commited to people, there are strict rules to abide by.

I don't see how it would 'influence' behaviour at all. Of course some partners may not have safe sex, of course sometimes people get hurt... But that's life and that's relationships.

To be honest I think that polyamoury is more natural than monogomy, but that's just my opinion.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    What was the outcome of this debate?
    It didn't pass through regional conference, but there is a general conference this summer and I expect it will come up. For now, MCC will only bless unions of 2 people
    i know this is off topic, but then again this thread kinda has started to be that way. but for some reason in reading all these posts about one nighters and stuff it seems that one person always wants more than just sex and it fucks with their head. that's why i don't think i could do that. also i guess i feel like i want sex to mean something besides being instinctual with a stranger.
    i know this is off topic, but then again this thread kinda has started to be that way. but for some reason in reading all these posts about one nighters and stuff it seems that one person always wants more than just sex and it fucks with their head. that's why i don't think i could do that. also i guess i feel like i want sex to mean something besides being instinctual with a stranger.

Well thats your decision about sex, not everyone always feels that way about things. Sometimes people are happy just to have sex for pleasure with somebody once, and leave it at that. I don't feel the need to form emotional attachments to guys that I pull randomly. If its fuck buddies just for sex then emotional attachment can be more of a problem, but with one nighters I don't think anyone is under the illusion that they are going to be the love of someones life.

Yes it effects others but jus make sure you're protected and you teach your children to be protected. It's up to other people to make their own lifestyle choices. Yes, slate someone for not being precautious and spreading disease, don't slate them for enjoying themselves.
    Live and let live. There are people in the world that deserve your condemnation, people that enjoy a lot of sex are not deserving.
    I only ask the questions, I aint passing judgement on anyone.

I also think its right in no matter what area or issue to ask questions, rather then just nod benially in acceptance.

I also think its right in no matter what area or issue to ask questions, rather then just nod benially in acceptance.

I agree. So I assume you understand the concept of me replying to posts.
    Indeed I di until you accsued me of condemnation.
    Indeed I di until you accsued me of condemnation.
    Maybe you will change your midnback then.

not sure if I can get on board with that, it just seems...empty, disresepectful, not necessary.
    its a statement of feeling of the idea...

not a comdenation of individuals.
    That's how I took it but I shall take your word for it. I still think that opionion is cheeky and unfair.

(And I'm not being arsey with you in case you think that, I'm all for hearing other people's views)
    cheeky and unfair?

its like your smiling at me and pissed at me at the same time lol.

if someone wants to sleep with as many people as possible, its their perogative, whether thats a right thing to do.. I am not sure yet.
    I'm trying to make it clear I'm not pissed at you, I rarely fall out with someone. Just because I strongly disagree on something doesn't mean I fall out with them (unless when it comes to causing harm to animals/people/things).
    But I'll make my opinion known.

There is no wrong when it comes to people having harmless pleasure.
    People are made to feel guilty about it through religion and society.
    Yes there are exceptions when sex isn't right and that's about respect.
    Anyway, end of, my opinion sticks and I've already dragged it out!
    uhh ok. I was trying to keep it light hearted here....

nowt wrong in letting ur opinion be known.

I do agree with you actually on what you said, but I am just not ready to sign off and say sleeping with as many people as you can is an ok thin gto do.

just my opinion, it may change, it may not.
    uhh ok. I was trying to keep it light hearted here....
    Urgh! Really hate that! It's like when you are talking to someone normally and they say "don't get mad" - makes you mad automatically when you were perfectly fine before!:lol:
    Don't think you are very good at understanding my tone of writing. I sensed you thought I may be being arsey so every post since I have tried to tell you that is not the case at all and it still isn't!
    Boom boom.
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Urgh! Really hate that! It's like when you are talking to someone normally and they say "don't get mad" - makes you mad automatically when you were perfectly fine before!:lol:
    Don't think you are very good at understanding my tone of writing. I sensed you thought I may be being arsey so every post since I have tried to tell you that is not the case at all and it still isn't!
    Boom boom.

hahaha sorry.

Though tyou was pissed off in that last one. Ok you wans't pissed off? cool, dont get pissed off now lol Joke!

Aye, sometimes people dont get my tone either.

glad ur not sarsey with me. I saw your pic and your too pretty a girl for me to want you angry at me lol.
    I do agree with you actually on what you said, but I am just not ready to sign off and say sleeping with as many people as you can is an ok thin gto do.

Polyamoury is not about sleeping with as many people as you can though, you just happen to have more than one romantic partner.
    hahaha sorry.

Though tyou was pissed off in that last one. Ok you wans't pissed off? cool, dont get pissed off now lol Joke!

Aye, sometimes people dont get my tone either.

glad ur not sarsey with me. I saw your pic and your too pretty a girl for me to want you angry at me lol.
    all sorted then :thumb:
    good stuff :-)

oh and I wasn't on about Polyamory specifically, just sex in general.
    Actually, have you ever read the book The Ethical Slut?

They (we) are trying to reclaim that word as a word of positivity
    Actually, have you ever read the book The Ethical Slut?

They (we) are trying to reclaim that word as a word of positivity

I was about to say the same thing. IMO it is well written, and tried to get the reader to understand what's going in people's heads.

I would also recommend listening to the Polyamory Weekly Podcast. Maybe not every episode, but the ones you are interested in.

I think that this diagram illustrates poly (as well as other related subjects) relatively well, despite somewhat crude approach.

Somebody else here said it's about loving relationship between more than two people. I hate to use the phrase 'friend with benefits' to describe my secondary partners, because they are so much more.

If the OP wants to discuss these things in person with somebody, I'd recommend checking out if your town / largest nearby town hosts poly-munches or meet-ups.

EDIT: forgot to say, regular STI tests and using protection is a very important. Even within groups who practice polyfidelity.
    This thread is 6 years old. Check dates before posting
    And I always thought it was about fucking parrots.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey AllDayEveryDay and division_bell,

Welcome to TheSite message boards, and thanks for posting.
    As a rule here, we try not to bring up old, inactive threads.
    This thread is 6 years old, so I'm closing it now

Feel free to start a new one :)
    JPick
This discussion has been closed.