Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Britney shaves hear hair off?

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just since we're on the subject of feminism, and how everything is an attack on women, its strange that its only ever women who slate other women in this manner. I find it quite sad, really. What on earth has she ever done to anyone to deserve the bile that she received? It's the same with Jordan, who was voted the second-worst person in the history of Britain because she dared to have plastic tits and marry Plastic Pete.

As I say, so much for female solidarity.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Just since we're on the subject of feminism, and how everything is an attack on women, its strange that its only ever women who slate other women in this manner. I find it quite sad, really. What on earth has she ever done to anyone to deserve the bile that she received? It's the same with Jordan, who was voted the second-worst person in the history of Britain because she dared to have plastic tits and marry Plastic Pete.

As I say, so much for female solidarity.

Pile of shit. I've heard so many men be just as bitchy. And I think you'll find Jordan is really liked.
    lipsy wrote: »
    And I think you'll find Jordan is really liked.

Actually yeah, Jordan has loads of female fans down here where I live, partly because she was living just up the road in Maresfield. I've bumped into Peter and Jordan loads of times in Tesco and Blockbuster before. Even had a conversation with Peter about which film he was going to rent out. He's actually quite a nice bloke.
    rachie004 wrote: »
    It makes me sad that a thread about Britney Spears shaving her hair off has gone on for SEVEN pages

Indeed, what does this say about our society?
    whIm more likely to feel solidarity with someone who has something in common with me other than the fact they have a vagina.
    Not that ive particularly got anything against Britney, but she doesnt have anything I relate to and I dont think shes particularly oppressed or hard done by. Not sure what female solidarity has got to do with anything tbh
    lipsy wrote: »
    And I think you'll find Jordan is really liked.

With some people, but she was voted the second-worst person in the history of the UK, ahead of such luminaries as Peter Sutcliffe.

Female solidarity has very little to do with anything, but neither do feminist principles of how women are victimised:)
    whIm more likely to feel solidarity with someone who has something in common with me other than the fact they have a vagina.
    Not that ive particularly got anything against Britney, but she doesnt have anything I relate to and I dont think shes particularly oppressed or hard done by. Not sure what female solidarity has got to do with anything tbh

:thumb:

lipsy's right, Jordan is very widely liked. There are women who don't like her, of course, but women are also more likely than men to actively like her or leap to her defence. I find the idea of the "second worst person in British history" quite a weird concept, and fairly open to self-interpretation. I would take any such surveys with a pinch of salt, anyway, as I'm sure Jordan would herself :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Some of the best comments I've read on this are here: Britney sheared
    Also don't forget to vote on today's poll on the homepage
    lea_uk wrote: »
    We all look bad at times and Britney is no exception but that doesn't make her ugly.

I did not say she was ugly. I even stated that she's NOT. My opinion stands tho, that she looks like that blondie girl every highschool class has (just a bit younger). She is just your average girlie, that looks scrumptious when fully furbished up, in designer dresses and a nutrition/fitness-plan she complies because of her overpaid personal trainer, but on the other hand, a BIG part of your everyday girlies would look like that then.