Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to lose £80million?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Buy Chelsea, hire a twat of a coach and make the whole nation hate the football club.

Roman's empire makes £80.2 million loss

He reckons he will still break even by 2010, surely that's not the goal when you invest in something, to break even, you wanna make profit, don't you!!
I reckon if he does break even, he will leave anyway.... Good riddance.

Comments

• Options
    He hasn't invested, though, he's bought a toy.

It's quite a cheap toy at that.
  • Options
    And how much richer is he now that he's had his profile raised in Europe? Football clubs are like governments. If they're making a profit then they're obviously not putting enough back into the club. But yeah, there current spending, even just on wages is completely unsustainable in the long term. I don't think Chelsea in the near future will be able to keep their current wage structure without Roman backing them up. Even if they become the richest club in the world, their spending is so much more than anyone else, that they'd have an income way in advance of everyone else. When it comes down to it, they'll end up with a similar wage and transfer budget as Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan and Juventus. I can't see their income ever dwarfing these clubs, but it'll be on the same sort of levels.