Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Male Friends

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The girls im mates with that i dont want to sleep with are probably some of my best friends because we just get along so well. With all the rest there is a sort of tension there i think..
    Yeah but theres nothing wrong if your male friend fancies you. Its when you knock them back and then realise thats all they were after in the first place that hurts.
    Namaste wrote: »
    Tbh in m exerience, 90% of men who make an effort to get to know me fancy me. A guy I know (if anybody remembers, the one I was worried about who likes me) doesn't talk to me since I turned him down (nicely), although he was really really lovely. I feel sad to have lost a friend, he's such an amazing compassionate person.

:yes:
    Most men dont know the meaning of platonic friendships.
    Harsh but true.
    Aye - we're dawgs. So shoot us! :P

;)
    Fairy wrote: »
    Frequently I am getting annoyed with the fact that whenever I make a male acquaintance they end up coming onto me eventually or telling me they like me.

I have so many straight girl friends who complain about the same thing ... which is why so many of them say a gay man is a girl's best friend. We assist them in understanding the mail psyche all the way to what shoes to wear. :lol:
    Yeah, a lot of blokes are like that.

Hardly any of my girl mates are my type at all (well except my exes I’m still mates with) and except this one other girl who’s a bit special, but even that’s at the stage now where I wouldn’t really want to ruin the friendship.

I can see how a girl would feel betrayed if she thought she had a good friendship with a bloke and it turned out he only wanted in her pants all along.
    A few of my girl mates are not my type, a few are but I wouldn't want to make things awkward by trying it on (I'd rather I know they liked me too) I'm happy to be just mates with them. Was hard before though!
    I have fallen for female friends before.

I always liked them first for who they were and I never wanted to be friends with them just to shag them but they always never just rejected me, they were always fucking cruel about it. They'd hate me or mock me or ignore me or just try and hurt me.

thats what sucks.

so I think guys can get the raw deal.
    Doomsday wrote: »
    I always liked them first for who they were and I never wanted to be friends with them just to shag them but they always never just rejected me, they were always fucking cruel about it. They'd hate me or mock me or ignore me or just try and hurt me.
    Well how cruel and immature. You need to choose your friends more wisely!
    lipsy wrote: »
    Well how cruel and immature. You need to choose your friends more wisely!

belive me I wish I had! :(

I am weak tho, even when they did shit to me I still went back and wanted to be their friend.

still do in some cases...
    belive me I wish I had! :(

I am weak tho, even when they did shit to me I still went back and wanted to be their friend.

still do in some cases...

Most of my exes come back saying sorry for the shit that went down and we try and be friends, but it's never the same. I'd never be able to be as open or have the same closeness as we did when we were friends in the first place.

That's why I always think really carefully before taking things further now, but it's made me realise the value of a really good friendship, y'know?
    Usually the guy will fancy you, that's what men are like. I think the mojority of my bloke mates fancied me at the beginning but you get past that stage and now we are all like family.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Most of my exes come back saying sorry for the shit that went down and we try and be friends, but it's never the same. I'd never be able to be as open or have the same closeness as we did when we were friends in the first place.

That's why I always think really carefully before taking things further now, but it's made me realise the value of a really good friendship, y'know?

yeah. It just sucks that they have to be so nasty with it.

I mean so what if you fancy them? Why should you be punished for liking them and saying so?

what if you never said anything and it turned out if u had got together it would have been awesome you know?

I reckon I am gonna be prety careful form now on about saying how I feel to femaile friends or even girls in general.

Just get my heartbroken all the time.
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    It seriously pisses me off when 'friends' do that. It makes me feel uncomfortable and not want to be friends with them. Shame really to miss out on a friendship but it's their own fault.

:banghead: See, now its comments like this that you girls make which make shy decent blokes not want to even attempt asking. So they like you but you not them, if you were really friends to start with then you would just say im flattered but sorry i dont feel the same way. Not try and make out like they just commited some injustice against you.
    carnage200 wrote: »
    :banghead: See, now its comments like this that you girls make which make shy decent blokes not want to even attempt asking. So they like you but you not them, if you were really friends to start with then you would just say im flattered but sorry i dont feel the same way. Not try and make out like they just commited some injustice against you.

Where was Fairy's quote taken from coz I can't find it
    yeah. It just sucks that they have to be so nasty with it.

I mean so what if you fancy them? Why should you be punished for liking them and saying so?

what if you never said anything and it turned out if u had got together it would have been awesome you know?

I reckon I am gonna be prety careful form now on about saying how I feel to femaile friends or even girls in general.

Just get my heartbroken all the time.

There's nothing wrong with it, but if you make a habit of turning friendship into something more then it can give off the wrong vibe to other girls.

Just concentrate on the friendship thing first, don't turn round with a big declaration of feelings or anything because it makes things difficult. If somethings gonna happen then it'll happen in it's own time.
    I have fallen for female friends before.

thats what sucks.

so I think guys can get the raw deal.

Meh, that just means they were twats to begin with. That sort of reaction means that you can just get on with it and know you were probably better off without her. It's when they're really nice about it that the worst.
    Yeah but theres nothing wrong if your male friend fancies you. Its when you knock them back and then realise thats all they were after in the first place that hurts.

Very true!
    I have loads of fit female friends and I know for a fact that I don't fancy one of them. Though it has happened before and it's not nice, just gotta look at them in a different way, like they're a fella mate.
    Isn't it how you're supposed to enter a relationship anyway? Becoming friends first, then taking it from there? I fail to see the logic in the complaint.

Now if he just wants to get in your pants, well, he's just a jackass. But a legitimate, growing attraction is hardly anything to be scolded over.
    Where was Fairy's quote taken from coz I can't find it

It was pussykatty and it was on the first page towards the bottom
    Through my various hobbies (mainly Scouting) I have loads of male mates, who I am very friendly with and close to some of them. A lot of the time I'm one of the lads and join in the jokes etc, then I'll also have a giggle and give as good as I get with the innuendo and teasing. Apparently my chatty, friendly behaviour seems flirtatious at times, let alone when I get tired/fragile and want a friend or a hug.

This has led to various misunderstandings at times, and some disappointed men (god knows how they found me attractive, I do not look good whilst doing Scouty stuff) but I've also had 2 amazing boyfriends out of it, and some of my closest, most trusted friends.