Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Britney shaves hear hair off?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She's a whackjob. An ugly one at that.
  • Options
    I feel bad for her. I think she's turning into another doomed child star. It's a shame.
  • Options
    I think she looks better. I never thought she was pretty, so the whole pretty girl image thing looked awful on her, she looks striking with no hair.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    She's a whackjob. An ugly one at that.

She's not ugly.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    She's not ugly.

Exactly, all girls who say she's ugly would jump at the chance to look like her, shaven headed or not.
  • Options
    I hope she's doing it as a lifestyle choice and not because she's lost it.
    But don't forget she's just had a baby, she could have post natal depression on top with splitting up with her husband.
    I've never disliked her ever, she's never given me reason too, I quite like her not give a shit attitude - but her looks have really slided.
    I hope she's ok tbh.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Exactly, all girls who say she's ugly would jump at the chance to look like her, shaven headed or not.

matter of opinion

i dont think she's ugly but i certainly dont think she's stunning

and no, i wouldnt wanna look like her either :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

Haha, such lies! I think she's a bit of a wall-eyed redneck to be honest :p and before you say owt I'm certainly not jealous. Who could be jealous of the life she's leading now? It's pretty tragic to have all that money and all those sycophants around her and still seem utterly miserable.

Kinda OT but her older son is absolutely adorable, though I wonder how much of a headcase he'll be in 15 (10?) years.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Haha, such lies!

lol so true

a lot of men seem to have this mentality that if you think a girl who they find attractive is ugly, it's because you're jealous :chin:
  • Options
    I do feel sorry for her, I've no idea what it'd be like to have fame from a young age and get married and then get divorced, all the time having cameras following your every move.

Yeah fair enough, live by the sword and die by the sword. But she seems really unhappy, and I think it'd be harsh to have a real go at her because nobody knows what's going on in her head.

I'm not sure anybody knows what's going on on her head either, like.
  • Options
    I never have thought she was pretty, i must be jealous:rolleyes: .
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    I never have thought she was pretty, i must be jealous:rolleyes: .

She's not bad looking, not stunning, but certainly not ugly. Even with a skin head I don't think she looks bad.

I hate people using the word ugly to descibe somebody, it's such a strong word and to me it says a lot about the person using it.

Sloth from the Goonies is ugly, Britney Spears is not.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    a lot of men seem to have this mentality that if you think a girl who they find attractive is ugly, it's because you're jealous :chin:

I don't think she's especially good looking, but to be honest I think a lot of it does come from envy. Girls are brilliant at bitching and slagging girls who are better looking than them, or more successful than them.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I think Britney is pretty, and I think she really suits having no hair.

I wouldnt say that if I am jealous of someone I would call them ugly, or what not. If I am jealous of someone, I am more likely to comment on their personality, or their career, and find and pick flaws in them. Just by saying their ugly is a bit daft.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Girls are brilliant at bitching and slagging girls who are better looking than them, or more successful than them.

Yes but girls are also brilliant at bitching about girls who are less attractive and less successful and I think guys forget that.

Anyway Britney has lost it - she was gorgeous back in the day. I'm pretty sure she will pull herself together though and make a wicked comeback.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I don't think she's especially good looking, but to be honest I think a lot of it does come from envy. Girls are brilliant at bitching and slagging girls who are better looking than them, or more successful than them.

sorry, but bull poo! :):blush:

i`ll stand up and say that i think fern cotton is fit, she is gorgeous, as is jessica simpson and some others

just because i/other women dont think britney spears/paris hilton/christina aguilera is good looking, doesnt mean anything

its all down to personal taste

of course i'm envious of her money, but that wouldnt make me say she's bad looking!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    just because i/other women dont think britney spears/paris hilton/christina aguilera is good looking, doesnt mean anything

I think Paris is a minger to be honest, and I have NOTHING to be jealous of her for!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Yes but girls are also brilliant at bitching about girls who are less attractive and less successful and I think guys forget that.
    So girls are just bitches in general? :chin: I knew it.

On Britney, I think when she's on form, fully made up for a video or something, she's pretty damn fine. Most people look shit photographed with their eyes half closed in an unflattering pose shoving a burger down their gob. Do girls buy those pictures because they're showing the "truth" behind all the airbrushing and photoshopping, or to satisfy their inner bitch? :p
  • Options
    Do girls buy those pictures because they're showing the "truth" behind all the airbrushing and photoshopping, or to satisfy their inner bitch? :p

we dont buy the pictures

we buy magazines which happens to have the pictures in them

i dont think any girl buys a mag just to see an unflattering pic of britney ;)
  • Options
    If she wasn't a celeb a posted a pic in the picture thread on here, you think she'd recieve 'ugly' comments. I don't think so.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think shes pretty, but I wouldnt "jump at the chance to look like her"
    Id much rather look like me.
  • Options
    we dont buy the pictures

we buy magazines which happens to have the pictures in them

i dont think any girl buys a mag just to see an unflattering pic of britney ;)

I don't know. You tell me why they put them on the cover of Heat?
  • Options
    I hate the way women's feelings about their peers are instantly chalked up to jealousy, what a load. Sure it's not ideal to be a total bitch completely indiscriminately but, hey, that's human nature. Of course it's impossible to have an objective opinion about another woman's looks, career, life path or whatever. I've never thought BS was stunningly attractive... she's fairly nice looking despite looking like she's missing a chromosome, but her appeal was always her fabulous body. Even that went to the dogs waaay before she had her two sons and if the way she has completely stopped caring isn't an outward manifestation of how unhappy she is then I'd be very surprised indeed. I think you'd have to be unglued to envy any aspect of her life at the moment.

Generally speaking, I think it's quite rare that bitchiness comes from an exclusive position of envy - a lot of people just find it vaguely amusing to have a bit of commentary of what they see and the people they meet or read about in magazines. Sure it's mindless but it's not a big deal. Then again what would I know, I'm just a girl and there's no way I could know my own mind without my judgement being clouded by my raging jealousy and inferiority :lol::D
  • Options
    If she wasn't a celeb a posted a pic in the picture thread on here, you think she'd recieve 'ugly' comments. I don't think so.

probably not because the person who posted it would be reading the "ugly" comments and it may upset them

i doubt britters is gonna log on here, and even if she does, i doubt she'd give a shit what people thought :thumb:
  • Options

:yes:

Britney Spears is no uglier than any girl on here.

Bitching about celebs is probably a bit different, but 99% of bitching is born out of some sort of insecurity IMO. I'm really bitchy at times, and I'm honest enough to admit that's it's cause I'm envious or whatever else.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Then again what would I know, I'm just a girl and there's no way I could know my own mind without my judgement being clouded by my raging jealousy and inferiority :lol::D

:thumb:
  • Options
    My sister's a dancer at a lap dancing club and recieves negative bitchy comments about how she looks on a regular basis from women. Far more than men.
    She puts this down to envy and jealousy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My sister's a dancer at a lap dancing club and recieves negative bitchy comments about how she looks on a regular basis from women. Far more than men.
    She puts this down to envy and jealousy.

more than likely it is jealousy

but my point was that the reason for thinking a woman isnt attractive, isnt ALWAYS envy/jealousy :)
  • Options
    but my point was that the reason for thinking a woman isnt attractive, isnt ALWAYS envy/jealousy :)

Of course.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    they probably feel threatened by the fact your sister is doing lapdances for their boyfriends or something outrageous like that.
    I guess it could be either jealousy or just a dislike of people they perceive to be a threat - rightly or wrongly.