Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

For the past 2 weeks, I gain weight no mater what!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I try to eat healthy, I'm very active, I only spend 2 - 3 hours on the PC day.
I should be eating 2200 calories a day, I eat 1100, but im not starving my self or anything.

This week I went to the gym everyday,went out with friends alot, each day im so tired by 10 PM my eyes cant stay open. (Note in the past I didnt go to a gym, but I was very active with going out & etc.. but I know thats not enough)

For breakfast I had sliced apples, with this healthy Raisin Bran cereal.
For lunch I had a salad, with something else.
Dinner was Roastbeef, and all these other veggies & stuff.

Thats what i've been starting to eat every day, before I use to eat kind of like this but I dunno

Anyways in the past 2 weeks the scale said I gained 17 pounds, wtf > : (

Comments

• Options
    started any medication, including contraception?
  • Options
    do your clothes still fit the same? It could be an increase in muscle
  • Options
    Do you have a really slow metabolism or anything like that?
  • Options
    thats a REALLY excessive amount to gain in 2 weeks, even if you were eating shitloads.

Id go to your doctor asap
  • Options
    Muscle :chin:
  • Options
    Could be a thyroid imbalance.

I'd see your doc, they can check you out incase somethings amiss.
  • Options
    Hi xxrekesheaxx,

I’d suggest you to check it out with a doctor, since the fact that no one can diagnose over the internet and that a visit to a GP is the best way to solve your prolbem. Or you could go to a NHS hospital if you cannot get to your GP.
  • Options
    I should be eating 2200 calories a day, I eat 1100..

why are you eating half of the calories that you've been recommended to eat?

it sounds weird but maybe you're not eating enough, this can cause weight gain

although 17 pounds in 2 weeks is a lot, i`d go the doctors personally just to put your mind at rest

but seriously, you've been told to eat 2200 for a reason, halving that wont help :thumb:
  • Options
    No one, even with the help of anabolic drugs would gain 17lbs of muscle alone in 2 weeks. You say you're not starving yourself or anything, but you're cutting your recommended calorific intake by half? No wonder you can barely keep your eyes open.

I'm with SCC and others to see your doctor. Your GP can also give you advice on losing weight sensibly.
  • Options
    what time of the day do you weigh yourself? You say you're not starving yourself but you're obviously counting calories and exercising too much, no wonder you're exhausted. Have you been told to eat 2200 calories for a reason? Tbh, you probably need alot more than 1100, considering how active you are.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Have you been told to eat 2200 calories for a reason?

I thnk that's the average amount needed for the OP's age group. Or something like that.

How does actually work?

How can you say that you're not starving yourself but are only eating half of your recommended calorie intake?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »

:eek2:
  • Options
    I think I know what Littleali is getting at, although I've never known such a significant weight gain in someone for such a short space. When the body tends to go into starvation mode, it remembers this, so when a person starts eating properly again, it'll store energy in the form of fat just in case the person decides to starve again. I think that's what they meant. I don't think this is the case though for the OP.
  • Options
    That makes sense, go_away. I was aware about the body putting on weight if someone starves themselves but wasn't sure why this happens, thanks.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I think I know what Littleali is getting at, although I've never known such a significant weight gain in someone for such a short space. When the body tends to go into starvation mode, it remembers this, so when a person starts eating properly again, it'll store energy in the form of fat just in case the person decides to starve again. I think that's what they meant. I don't think this is the case though for the OP.

Thanks, that makes some sense.

Doesn't really sound like what's going on here though.

xxrekesheaxx, just wondering if you've been to the docs about it yet? Would be good to know how you are. :)
  • Options
    If you're eating such a small amount of food (bodies need about 1000 calories a day just to perform their basic functions) then its no wonder that your digestive system has gone to pot. Why are you eating so little?

You should be going to see the doctor, about your worrying attitude to food if nothing else.

My immediate reaction from such a weight gain is that either you're using a new set of scales, or the set you are using has become damaged or altered in some way. Do your clothes still fit fine?
  • Options
    When the body tends to go into starvation mode, it remembers this, so when a person starts eating properly again, it'll store energy in the form of fat just in case the person decides to starve again. I think that's what they meant.

:yes:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Thanks, that makes some sense.

Doesn't really sound like what's going on here though.

xxrekesheaxx, just wondering if you've been to the docs about it yet? Would be good to know how you are. :)

no, but I guess I should make an appointment this week to see him :)
    thats a REALLY excessive amount to gain in 2 weeks, even if you were eating shitloads.

Id go to your doctor asap

I don't know, but my scale IS broken, it said 17 pounds more, but it is no where near correct.. I'll go to the doctors and see if I really gained this much, they will have a working scale

The scale said I havent gained anything, I posted in a fitness thread of how out of shape I am, true Im go go all day, but I never started going to agym or anything till recently when I noticed i've gained so much, but its not working!
    Sofie wrote: »
    Do you have a really slow metabolism or anything like that?

Yes, basicly everyone in my family has it, and my mother was born with NO metabolism.. Like I said I dunno if its exactly 17 pounds, but even though the scale said I havent gained anything yet I still feel fairly bigger
    Littleali wrote: »
    why are you eating half of the calories that you've been recommended to eat?

although 17 pounds in 2 weeks is a lot, i`d go the doctors personally just to put your mind at rest

but seriously, you've been told to eat 2200 for a reason, halving that wont help :thumb:

I don't really force my self to eat half the calories I'm recommended to eat, Im just not hungry much and find my self to beable to eat 2200 calories
    No one, even with the help of anabolic drugs would gain 17lbs of muscle alone in 2 weeks. You say you're not starving yourself or anything, but you're cutting your recommended calorific intake by half? No wonder you can barely keep your eyes open.

I'm with SCC and others to see your doctor. Your GP can also give you advice on losing weight sensibly.

Yeah, like I said the scale isnt really correct, but I had to buy a new size of clothes.. and even though the broken scale says I havent gained more - I feel like I have :impissed:
    Kermit wrote: »
    If you're eating such a small amount of food (bodies need about 1000 calories a day just to perform their basic functions) then its no wonder that your digestive system has gone to pot. Why are you eating so little?

You should be going to see the doctor, about your worrying attitude to food if nothing else.

My immediate reaction from such a weight gain is that either you're using a new set of scales, or the set you are using has become damaged or altered in some way. Do your clothes still fit fine?

Yeah my scale is messed up, but no my clothes dont fit and I had to buy it a bigger size.. I've been managing my weight before fine with this lifestyle( like I said im go go, but I still dont really do any running, gym

Im starting to go to the gym, like I said in my first post.. but I dunno if its helping, i'll just have to see my doctor
  • Options
    Sorry, I acidently posted the other msg 2 times, so I edited this to make it less spam ( should beable to delete posts)
  • Options
    sorry, have you gained weight or not?

which said you had? the broken ones or the working ones?