Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I have a new haircut and want to put it in to a mohawk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Or liberty spikes...

Because I am odd like that.

Apparently a combination of sugar and water is good, but a bitch to wash out. Any idea?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't. Just don't.
    Don't. Just don't.

I agree.
    LacyMay wrote: »
    I agree.

Me too
    I think, personally, that you should do what you like :D
    I've seen some pretty awesome mohawks.. and some pretty aweful ones. If you think you can pull it off, go for it. But i have no idea how you'd do it :P depends on how long your hair is :P
    I think, personally, that you should do what you like :D
    I've seen some pretty awesome mohawks.. and some pretty aweful ones. If you think you can pull it off, go for it. But i have no idea how you'd do it :P depends on how long your hair is :P

True, I'm just going by what my mates Mohawk turned out like.... :lol: Still makes me laugh picturing it
    when i lived in france i told my american boyfriend all the boys in england were styling their hair so that it was longer in the centre and down the back (remember that hairstyle a la beckham?)
    well he thought he'd try and make me happy by doing the same except he got it all wrong and ended up shaving it into a mohawk :lol: it was awful!
    lipsy wrote: »
    when i lived in france i told my american boyfriend all the boys in england were styling their hair so that it was longer in the centre and down the back (remember that hairstyle a la beckham?)
    well he thought he'd try and make me happy by doing the same except he got it all wrong and ended up shaving it into a mohawk :lol: it was awful!

Yeah but at least on a bloke you can be like "He's a punk, and he looks like a fanny". But with a chick it'd just turn them into some kinda Nazi Super Lesbian.
    maybe thats the look shes going for! :razz:
    It looks good on my friend Kim!
    soap is good for spiking hair up.
    Thats what I used to use.
    No idea what you could use, but go for it, you could probably carry it off.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    No idea what you could use, but go for it, you could probably carry it off.

:yes: I agree.
    I would think sugar and water would be real easy to wash out... since sugar disolves in water and all... but thats why I'm not a science major.

You could always try wood glue ;)

I found this on ask for ya
    http://www.expage.com/punkerhair

Hairspray and blowdrying it does not work at all. I saw alot of places said to try that but it doesn't work for poo.
    I think liberty spikes look great on girls when they only use the top of their hair.. and leave the rest down if you get me.

Use soap and then wax after.
    id image some of the new "manga hair" type products would be good. i had a mate who used to liberty spike his hair with the loreal manga stuff.....but im sure theres some similar product out there.

saves experimenting with somethin that might wreck your hair at least.

go for it. never had the balls to shave in a mohawk myself...obviously not a beckham style strip that looks like something left over from a brazilian wax....i mean, grow it, shave it, spike it, take out low flying aircraft with it. hehe.

hope it works out
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I did an internet search and came up with this...
    Apparently a combination of sugar and water is good, but a bitch to wash out. Any idea?

You've not seen 'Something about Mary'? ;)
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    My hair style is sort of a mohawk but not too extreme. The best way to style my hair is using VO5 Rework Fibre Putty
    Gelatine.
    thats what people i know have used and it works a treat, or if your having it like a fan shape, a shed load of hair spray does the trick.
    Speaking of mohawks... went to International Makeup Artist Trade Show last saturday, and one of the makeup artists had a heuuuuge mohawk, but made out of peacock feathers. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen :D:heart:
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    Gelatine.
    thats what people i know have used and it works a treat, or if your having it like a fan shape, a shed load of hair spray does the trick.
    Great... But I'm a vegetarian and don't fancy boiled down boney shit in my hair. :yuck:
    Yeah but at least on a bloke you can be like "He's a punk, and he looks like a fanny". But with a chick it'd just turn them into some kinda Nazi Super Lesbian.
    Nah, women with mohawks can be hot... Guess I'll be going for a fauxhawk.
    Garnier does some hair gunk specifically for big spikes. Apparently it's quite good and it's only about £3 for a pot
    I used to have a short mohawk with long chin length stragles at the front. My hair sticks up anyway but I just used wax to shape.
    someone I used to work with had a mohawk back in the 70's. she said she used KY Jelly! apparantally it dries rock solid under a hair drier :lol:
    And what's wrong with Nazi Super Lesbians?