Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

probiotic yoghurt drinks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there any point to them?

I'm on a health kick at the moment and bought a pack of 4 which were on special offer..they were low calorie Actimel ones. I had them for breakfast at work with some fruit.

Comments

• Options
    Whether or not the bacteria thing works, I find a huge tub of live yoghurt is much cheaper. I'd also be cautious about those drinks as they tend to have a lot of sugar in them.
  • Options
    you can get probiotic vitamins if you didn't fancy the drinks. mine are from boots and are probiotic and multivitamins or something. :)
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    Is there any point to them?

I'm on a health kick at the moment and bought a pack of 4 which were on special offer..they were low calorie Actimel ones. I had them for breakfast at work with some fruit.

fuck their effect, they are so tasty...

In fact I'm going to rip up an Actimel Multifruit right now... my 3rd today to be precisely
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Whether or not the bacteria thing works, I find a huge tub of live yoghurt is much cheaper. I'd also be cautious about those drinks as they tend to have a lot of sugar in them.

Some have fish in as well.

Tbh I think they're bullshit. A lot of food made by these big companies are simply processed crap. If you need a health kick cook your food from scratch, limiting what salt you use (though don't use salt and I only ever put a tiny bit of salt in quinoa). Instead of using Mr Benn curry sauce, or whatever it's called... Use real herbs and spices. Sooo much nicer and better for you!

Drink a lot of water (I find the best way is to keep a litre bottle by my PC and to carry a bottle whilst I'm out), that's really good for you too...

Imo, it seems that a lot of these "healthy products" to boost your immune system or lower cholesterol are codswallop. If you want to be healthy, eat healthy and exercise.
  • Options
    I like actmel drinks. I think theyre good for my immune system.