Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lost

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    episode 7 was good. it advanced the plot somewhat and gave insight into juliette.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    migpilot wrote: »
    They had the passenger list and they are in contact with the outside world....
    What do you not understand? :thumb:
    Right, that makes sense. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. :D
    icey wrote: »
    so..anyone watched episode 7 yet then?
    Nothing spectacular..i just want them to wrap it up now so i can find out the big mystery.
    This show is nothing compared to prison break and heroes..

I can't find anywhere where the download rate is good :(

You still got yours?
    yep. I would msn it but it could take a while weighing in at a heafty 349mb
    Why don't you create a sharing folder and put the file in there and when it's finished uploading, let SWQ know so she can log on, enter the sharing folder and either watch it from there or darg and drop into her file..?
    The thing that I think makes it clear that Lost just isn't working is that people are only really tuning in because they believe that in the end this big mystery, and all plotlines, will be revealed and tied together in a satisfying way.

But seeing how below average the writing has been all along, with terrible characterisations that seem to change every week and the same tedious themes and storylines repeated over and over again in the flashbacks... is it really in them to produce any sort of ending that will WORK?

I hope they wrap it up after just one more year instead of the worrying claim I heard that there could be anything up to EIGHT seasons (which in itself negates any feelings anybody may still have that there is some sort of 'plan' and that the creators want to tell a story, not milk a dry idea for as much cash as possible), just because the longer they leave it, the bigger the inevitable disappointment will be.
    icey wrote: »
    yep. I would msn it but it could take a while weighing in at a heafty 349mb

You could email it me :p
    I want to know why Locke no longer has paralysis and Rose no longer has cancer (infact what the hell happened to Rose and Bernard). I also want to know what the hell this supernatural force is that wiped out Ecko and is apparently after the rest of them, some sort of secret biological experiment that has something to do with the company Ethan was working for ? (sory if you haven't seen S03E07 yet).

I am hoping there going to cut away from this love triangle in the rest of the season.
    I think the latest episode was merely alright, although by now I'm getting a bit used to the "alrightness" of the show at the moment.

I suppose that is a fair point
    mrbox99 wrote: »
    I want to know why Locke no longer has paralysis and Rose no longer has cancer (infact what the hell happened to Rose and Bernard).
    The healer Rose went to said he couldn't heal her, but the right magnetic field could. The plane crashed because Desmond let the magnetic field get too great. It was probably that field that cured Rose, and Locke.
    Come to think of it, it could have cured Jin too. That kid might still be his.
    The thing that I think makes it clear that Lost just isn't working is that people are only really tuning in because they believe that in the end this big mystery, and all plotlines, will be revealed and tied together in a satisfying way.

But seeing how below average the writing has been all along, with terrible characterisations that seem to change every week and the same tedious themes and storylines repeated over and over again in the flashbacks... is it really in them to produce any sort of ending that will WORK?

I hope they wrap it up after just one more year instead of the worrying claim I heard that there could be anything up to EIGHT seasons (which in itself negates any feelings anybody may still have that there is some sort of 'plan' and that the creators want to tell a story, not milk a dry idea for as much cash as possible), just because the longer they leave it, the bigger the inevitable disappointment will be.

I love you :heart: I've said from the start it's a load of turd, and it is.

They have no idea where they're going from one story arc to the next and it really, really shows. It's a badly-written, lurching beast of an embarrassment to anyone who can see past the pretty faces and textbook "twists" :razz:

Hopefully it'll turn out to be a huge research facility and we'll get to see them being used as labrats to test explosives you can hide in food. Or... something interesting.

But when you've got a prize cash cow and legions of adoring [though admittedly, ever-decreasing] fans... why would you stop milking it?
    I loved season 1 but quickly got bored with season 2 and just watched it every now and again.
    It's all about high expectations.
    I am sure many people here had very high expectations.
    And I am sure as shows come and go, those expectations will keep rising with each new idea. It's just how it goes.
    Plus having 40 main characters was probably a mistake.

But to say Lost is bad is just rubbish!
    I don't understand, if people think it's bad or average even, why watch it?
    Some people like the detailing, me included. I don't mind knowing how each character ended up on the island and what their role is. I think there's a few dimensions with the series with the bio science lab, and Desmond's ex.

That's just an assumption. I've been around long enough to know how major plotlines can leave you hanging. We are not all dumbasses.
    Good day.

Also the nature of the "beast" is that in any given episode the whole thing can be revealed. And I am sure that's what they wanted. And I am sure it will end sooner rather than later because of the falling audience numbers.
    I'm an avid Lost fan and still love it even now despite the fact that very few things have been resolved and more questions are coming up each week.

It's understandable that people are turning away and it's frustrating to watch when there are more questions than answers but I'll be sticking with it, if only for my love for Kate! :)
    briggi wrote: »
    who can see past the pretty faces

*sticks hand up* I am shallow and swayed by a pretty face, guilty as charged. I'm forever stuck in an eternal dilemma of whether i'd pick Sawyer or Jack given the fact i'd not kick either out of bed :yes:

Otherwise have to agree with you, it is getting decidedly lame and naff. It started off promising, kept me glued to the sofa but has recently left me being rather bored and waiting for the interesting bits to happen. Whilst this has been going on i've been keeping myself occupied dribbling over Sawyer torso. (I have no shame).;)
    i've been enjoying how there's more questions than answers being thrown at us. it gives me even more to look forward to in future episodes. the initial first few episodes of this season were a bit of a disappointment but last weeks was quite redeaming. i'm hoping this week carries that on as well. im also a fan of the new time, now i dont have to miss wing night!
    Just feels like a few too many macguffins -

Jack's army - lets make an army! OO rah! No let's not bother...

Sawyer the bastard - I've stolen all the guns! Ohhhh alright, have them back because you need them.

Libby's mental - She's a doctor - no wait! she's a patient - no wait! she's a multi-millionairess with a free boat to give away - no wait! she's dead... oh ffs

Ecko/Adebisi - I'm a mystical vicar, I'll save you all, oh ffs I'm dead too

The rest of the other side of the island - We're the hardened other survivours, we'll explain everything... wait a minute we're all dead... An entire series to end up with an old bloke who makes an SOS out of stones... brilliant.

The tumour I've got a tumour - a really nice surgeon falls out of the sky who I know will help me - I know I'll kidnap all the children, abduct and assualt one of the other surviviors, murder some others, strangle one guy, threaten everyone with guns, pretend to have arrived on a hot air balloon and get captured by a mental french woman... that'll be much more convincing than arriving with a fruit basket and saying please.

Ultimately it's all MacGuffins - the show's about character development, not about the specific plot. Whilst that's a nice idea, it ruined JJ Abrams' Alias, and it's doing the same here. If you want to write a soap opera set it on Bondai Beach or in a hairdressers, if you want to write a mystery have some fucking answers.
    Mental episode with Desmond!
    Yes, that was a good one! :D
    Sad about Charlie though, what will happen to our hobbit? :(
    episode 8 was brilliant, i've loved desmonds character since the finale of series 2. only question i'm pondering, is how do both desmond and pennie have a copy of that photograph?
    Another question (SPOILER) of course:
    Desmond dove to save Charlie from diving. But Charlie was already too far away, he wouldn't have seen Claire if Desmon hadn't ran there. Right?
    *must stop reading as NZ is behind. Must. Not. Ruin. It. For. Myself.*
    Another question (SPOILER) of course:
    Desmond dove to save Charlie from diving. But Charlie was already too far away, he wouldn't have seen Claire if Desmon hadn't ran there. Right?

desmond took Charlie to Locke though. If he hadn't, Charlie would have still been at the beech when claire almost drowned
    O_o wrote: »
    desmond took Charlie to Locke though. If he hadn't, Charlie would have still been at the beech when claire almost drowned
    Oh, so you're saying he took Charlie to the jungle to save him, then dove to save Claire?
    I thought of that, but it only seemed that he got the "flash" about that happening when they were already with Locke.
    I suppose though that even then, he still had to dive and save Claire. :D
    Oh, so you're saying he took Charlie to the jungle to save him, then dove to save Claire?
    I thought of that, but it only seemed that he got the "flash" about that happening when they were already with Locke.
    I suppose though that even then, he still had to dive and save Claire. :D

hmmm yeh, you have a point. He did look edgy when they were in the jungle, before he got the "flash"
    I think Desmond wanted Hurley to come with him originally....and then said "both of you". And there's no one to say he didn't have the flash earlier, he said he gets them all the time.

And O_o, I've not seen Pennie with a copy of the photo????
    Jim V wrote: »
    Just feels like a few too many macguffins -

Jack's army - lets make an army! OO rah! No let's not bother...

yeah, but before he could make the army, one of the people who was supposed to help him build that army, Anna Lucia, got shot. And then the Michael thing happened....there was no time for an army.
    Sawyer the bastard - I've stolen all the guns! Ohhhh alright, have them back because you need them.

That's down to his love for Kate, mainly.
    Libby's mental - She's a doctor - no wait! she's a patient - no wait! she's a multi-millionairess with a free boat to give away - no wait! she's dead... oh ffs

That one is still to be resolved, as Hurley is still in the game.
    Ecko/Adebisi - I'm a mystical vicar, I'll save you all, oh ffs I'm dead too

He was never intended to be a saviour. He was just supposed to help Locke figure out some stuff.
    The rest of the other side of the island - We're the hardened other survivours, we'll explain everything... wait a minute we're all dead... An entire series to end up with an old bloke who makes an SOS out of stones... brilliant.

That was aimed as a distraction I do believe.
    The tumour I've got a tumour - a really nice surgeon falls out of the sky who I know will help me - I know I'll kidnap all the children, abduct and assualt one of the other surviviors, murder some others, strangle one guy, threaten everyone with guns, pretend to have arrived on a hot air balloon and get captured by a mental french woman... that'll be much more convincing than arriving with a fruit basket and saying please.

I don't think Ben's agenda is for Jack to help him, it's bigger than that and to be explained I hope... Also, the crazy french woman might end up being Ben's original wife as it seems that Ben's daughter is the french woman's daughter too.

Oh and Jim, calm the hell down...hehe :thumb:
    the very last scene of series 2, theres that picture on her bedside table. i'll try and find a picture

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/finale/29/normal_livediecap1408.jpg
    Damn. That's an odd one. I suppose it could have been copied sometime in between the time it was taken and the time he went to prison. Although that doesn't make sense!
    In the last episode, was I not supposed to understand Jack's flashback or is there something I missed?
    Alright, that woman had a "gift" and made tatoos. Why didn't she want to do one on him, and why did the others beat him up when they learned? And how did they learn before they saw it? I suppose she told them, but why if she didn't want him to be beat up?