Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

False nails

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
It seemed like a good idea at the time...! How on earth are you supposed to type, or put tights on? How can I get these things off or am I stuck with them for ten days? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pearly wrote: »
    It seemed like a good idea at the time...! How on earth are you supposed to type, or put tights on? How can I get these things off or am I stuck with them for ten days? :crazyeyes

Ahhhh are they acrylic and did you get them done in a salon? If so, I wouldn't attempt to cut them down yourself as I think you can ruin them.

I'd go back to the salon and ask them to shorten them. If you want them off completely I'm sure there is a solution that helps. Though I can't remember...:chin: When I had acrylics they took fooking forever to come off. Sorry to put a dampener on it.
  • PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Ahhhh are they acrylic and did you get them done in a salon
    They are good old glue on ones from chemist - I think I can slowly get used to them, but I think I will never slag off my short stubby nails again after this! They do look quite pretty though with a pattern on them, ah how fun it is to be a girl lol
    Can you not just file them a bit shorter or are enjoying having long nails too much? I always feel a bit like 'Sod practicality they look so pretty'. Im always gutted when I have to cut mine for work.:impissed:
    Learn to use the edges and pads of your fingers rather than the tips. I used to love having falsies, made mem feel all girly, but they do wreck your natural nails- at least the salon ones do.
  • PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Learn to use the edges and pads of your fingers rather than the tips

Good tip! Hey, maybe it will get me out of the washingup tonight tee hee
    false nails are wrong :no: (unless there's something wrong with your real ones.)

they're creepy and should be avoided at all costs!
    That should teach you for wearing tights :p