Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the worst injury you've ever had?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been pretty lucky myself.

I think my worst was a mild concussion. I was playing hockey with my friends and I tripped on some leaves (It was outdoor roller hockey). I wasn't wearing a helmet, of course, and I slammed my head into the boards. I thought I was OK so I got up and skated around for a few seconds, and then the pretty colors came :crazyeyes: Luckily I didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, but I took things slow for a good week.

Comments

• Options
    I've broken my nose a couple times and had a stress fracture twice both from soccer and a broken wrist from an accident and foot surgery, but that was a genetic malfunction and a broken toe from running into the side of a video holder thing. nothing ever serious, except for once I stood up in the shower and hit my ass on the faucet and I bled everywhere. I still have a scar :flirt:
  • Options
    Erm.

I cracked my wrist when I was 6 by jumping out of a tree, that was in plaster for ages.

I've broken 3 toes (at different times).

I've had my foot runover but that did no harm.

I've been concussed at least 3 times (sailing, waterflumes, more sailing).

And then I had an abscess that resulted in 3 operations, the last one of which took over 3 months to recover from.

So, the injury was probably my wrist, that spoilt my life for 4 weeks when I was 6, but it you say incident then it would definitely be the abscess, that's completely changed my plans, made me take a year off uni and all sorts.
  • Options
    had my head smashed in, i had to get my head shaved around the area and needed stiches (without any pain relief), and to make it worse the hair hasnt grown back where i had the stiches.

Then it happened again and they were nice enough to freeze the area that time and needless to say the hair hasnt grown back where i had the second lot of stiches either.
  • Options
    I broke my leg in two places playing football when I was 14. I can still hear the crack.

Nice.

Nothing major since, touch wood. I walked into a glass door a few weeks ago and that hurt a bit.
  • Options
    :chin: Probably the worst I've had is getting my thumb trapped in a heavy gate. Didn't break or anything, just bruised really badly.

Not really had many accidents, luckily.:)
  • Options
    Broken coccyx, whiplash and moderate concussion all in the space of a few seconds - car accident. Still having problems sitting, standing and sleeping, 10 months later. :no:
  • Options
    I broke my coccyx going down a flight of stairs, not quite sure how I forgot that one.

Illora, I take it you have one of those cushions?
  • Options
    sever wiplash and broken wrist from a car accident. Broken foot and torn ligaments in ankle from falling down stairs.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Worst for me is i trapped my middle finger between a door when it was closing, took the top of my finger clean off just hanging by the skin.
  • Options
    I have cut my head open before...

I once hit the bone just below my eye on the corner of a step when I tripped over, cut right into my eye lid and im sure it chipped the bone, but it was years ago...

I got hit in the face with a hockey stick once as well, which put one of my teeth all the way through my lip and out the other side...
  • Options
    I broke my coccyx going down a flight of stairs, not quite sure how I forgot that one.

Nope, I just tend to sit on one butt cheek instead :lol:
  • Options
    Probably where I cut right below my eyebrow. I made the mistake of wearing glasses whilst play fighting (very clever I know :rolleyes: ) and got punched in the face and the lens came out...
  • Options
    snapped my achilles tendon, never felt pain like it in my life:crying:
  • Options
    Probably in my mates car accident. It wasn't one overly bad injury, just an accumulation...

I crashed through a window, so I cut all my face and chest to shreads, trapped my leg, so that was nice and bruised, hit my head rather hard (You can actually feel where I hit it like a little tiny dent, which is freaky but apparently not going to affect me), bruised all my ribs and sprained my neck. It was an interesting night to say the least.
  • Options
    I think I broke a bone in my hand when I was moving house once. I have a few scars from random things I don't remember. I've been very lucky :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Broken arm in three places from a lovely sporting injury!
  • Options
    i recieved a fracture and a twist to the lower vertebrae of my spine.

Luckily, i am still walking
  • Options
    I've been pretty lucky thus far too.

Broke my little toe once kicking a chair (doh!)

And then have been concussed 3 times - once falling face-first off a galloping horse who then proceeded to kick me in the head (luckily I was wearing a supermegasafe helmet - could have been a lot worse), once running full pelt into the corner of a beach hut (not on purpose, but still, double doh!), and once when my brother hit me over the head with a log. Nice.
  • Options
    I've been really unlucky with injuries :crying:
    I done my medial ligament in my right knee but was very lucky as I was on the books of a professional football club and got the best treatment possible. I've broken my left radius which was hell as it didn't heal and had to be re broken. I've had loads of problems with it since.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It was probably that time I fell, and ended up with one knee sliced open (I think I could see bone) and my bit toe broken or sprained (I don't remember which). I was walking funnily for a few days, because I had to avoid moving the toe on one leg, and avoid straightening the knee on the other (so the wound would heal faster).
  • Options
    I had concussion after falling down concetrete stairs.
    Broken wrists 3 times- my left once, my right twice- I think!
    Amongst others, but they are the worst lol.
  • Options
    I have bad luck when it comes to injuries.

I broke my Collarbone playing rugby with my mates.
    I've dislocated both shoulders on quite a few occasions.
    More concussions than I care to count.
    Broken Nose twice
    Stabbed in the eye with a broken bottle- Blind in one eye.
  • Options
    Lots of cuts and scrapes when I was a kid (who doesn't?) but I do have a scar from when I was climbing trees (yes me climbing a tree) and then fell and scraped my knee on a tree trunk on my way down. Had to get a nurse who lived down the road and everything and I just wanted my mummy! Nothing bad though, just me being a wimp, but still got a scar!

I broke my little finger of my left hand once and got all the sympathy ever for it! Even got to miss sports day wooo!

And thought I had broke my arm while ice skating once but it was just very sore and me being a drama queen! (my two very "trustworthy" friends offered to take me around "slowly" seeing as I am one of those who grabs hold to the side and they were wizzing around anyway I did, I fell they didnt realise and they were dragging me along the ice rink! I have scars!
  • Options

I nearly broken mine i think when i was pissed and went down a flight of stairs on my arse. It crunches occasionally now :nervous:

I've not had anything really bad

Just burns and scoldings from cheffin'.

Actually, I was riding a bike once, and my foot slipped off the peddle and i banged my Mary on the cross bar really hard, that was the worst pain everrrr!
  • Options
    I have a chipped bone in my shin from a falling upstairs/falling downstairs and hitting it in the same place a few days later.

I also did something pretty horrid with my neck when I was younger, I can't really remember it but I remember being told I was really lucky that I had no lasting damage and I could have been paralysed :nervous:
  • Options
    I've been quick lucky over the year and havent had any major injuries. I have out my hips out a few times (I had problems as a teenager and still suffer every now and again) just a few scars from play fighting etc. I have a scar on my wrist from when I burnt it at school. And my brother dragged my along the carpet when we where kids and I had a carpet burn for about a month.
  • Options
    Broken collarbone from skateboarding.

Four twisted ankles.

Feel out of a 15 foot balcony on to concrete, but was only bruised, it went something like this >:banghead: :confused: :mad: :sour: :nervous: :chin: :cool: :thumb:
  • Options
    nothing major. smashed my head on a wall, didn't need stitches but it was cut but I cut my leg on an escalator which needed 2 stitches.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Nowt major, tbh. No broken bones for me :D

I have badly bruised my knees (ice skating on two different occasions) and my foot twice (once by falling off a bus and once by falling down a couple of stairs). So as you can see, stupid injuries :yeees:

God knows how I haven't broken any bones. I am the clumsiest person I know! *touches wood*
  • Options
    I chopped the top of my finger off.