Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pregnant or not pregnant that is the question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hay there. not quite sure how to start this but ill just say it how it is i guess. my lass is 13 days late, she has took 2 preg tests right and both came bak negative within the first week. i may also add that i pull out b4 coming. She came off the pill bout 6 weeks ago for the implant in her arm, which btw how long does it take to get that done?

bak on topic, i think shes pregnant but she doesnt. can someone give there views n comments, thx:)

Comments

• Options
    Normally you need to test a few days after the period becomes late, otherwise you could get a false negative. If she's taken too, both a week after becoming overdue, then there's not much chance of her being pregnant.

When on the implant many women don't have periods at all. I think you're worrying about nothing.
  • Options
    she doesnt have the implant yet btw, i just wanted to know for future reference. thx
  • Options
    Also remember that there are quite a few reasons (besides being pregnant) that could stop her period like stress.
  • Options
    shes wit me right now, because we juss wanna hear peoples views. she says shes not really that stressed but has put on weight since quitting smoking and thats made her upset but thats it really.

anyone know what has been the longest time yet of bein late but then came on????
  • Options
    when was the last test she took?
    Might be worth doing another one.
  • Options
    she took the 1st while being 3 days l8 and the 2nd one 5 days ago.
  • Options
    Yeah, seems to me she should really do another one as soon as - given the dates and the fact you've had unprotected sex.

Her hormones are probably a bit haywire, what with changing contraceptives (or, at least, coming off her old pill) so it's possible her body still hasn't settled back into a routine of sorts and she isn't pregnant at all. It's just best that you know either way as soon as possible, really. Good luck :)
  • Options
    stevey713 wrote: »
    she doesnt have the implant yet btw, i just wanted to know for future reference. thx

If you want to know things for future reference might I suggest that you don't use the "winthdrawl method" of contraception because it's the most unreliable.

I understand that she will be using implants in the future but until then you really should be using another form on protection.

You should also consider that even implants don't protect either of you from STDs.
  • Options
    If you want to know things for future reference might I suggest that you don't use the "winthdrawl method" of contraception because it's the most unreliable.

Indeed. Withdrawl's not even a method of contraception, to be honest, it's just a buzz killer. I guess you maybe haven't used condoms in the past because your girlfriend was on the pill, but it's something you probably should've considered in the interim between pill and implant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not chastising the pair of you as I am the last person who has used contraceptives responsibly, but hopefully things will work out and you'll have a second chance to implement that responsible attitude ;) Also, of course, your girlfriend's GP or at the very least the practice nurse should've made it crystal clear the risks of getting pregnant after coming off the pill (of course, I'm not aware if they did or not!).
  • Options
    She came off the pill bout 6 weeks ago for the implant in her arm, which btw how long does it take to get that done?
    Implants pretty straight forward, though you will need a Doctor/Nurse who is qualified to fit one, and they're rare in some areas atm. Once they've talked her through it, they'll give her the prescription to pick it up and book her in for a fitting - with me it was later the same day. Once you're in there, he'll numb her arm, and it'll be done within a few minutes. :)

She will need to know for definete beforehand that shes not pregnant though, or they wont fit it, so I'd recommend testing one more time to be sure :)
  • Options
    You should also consider that even implants don't protect either of you from STDs.

i appreciate the reminder but me and my girlfriend are long term only, have eyes for each other and probs one of them couples that wud knock you sick because of how much we love each other, meaning kissing and holdin each other loads even for bein together for 14 months. as far as we are concerned its us for life and if we did want to have sex with someone else we both know that means it would be the end of our relationship and we dont want that.
  • Options
    When I came off the pill I didn't have a period for 3 months. And one of my friends didn't have one for 18 months after stopping hormonal contraceptives. It could just be that her body is a bit skewed like that.

However, you have been having unprotected sex, so there is a very real possibility that she could be pregnant.
  • Options
    hay there. not quite sure how to start this but ill just say it how it is i guess. my lass is 13 days late, she has took 2 preg tests right and both came bak negative within the first week. i may also add that i pull out b4 coming. She came off the pill bout 6 weeks ago for the implant in her arm, which btw how long does it take to get that done?

bak on topic, i think shes pregnant but she doesnt. can someone give there views n comments, thx:)

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

edit - nm, you've all got there before me..